FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   CommunityBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz-380/)
-   -   Cow Do XV (EZE) - Aug 30 to Sep 02, 2019 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz/1946367-cow-do-xv-eze-aug-30-sep-02-2019-a.html)

FlyingCow May 15, 2019 12:43 am

I知 still looking for flights - my work calendar has been blocked for the Do for months so no issues on that side :)

Hope to be able to confirm soon.

MSPeconomist May 19, 2019 9:55 am

My flights are booked and it's beyond the 24 hour free cancellation period, so this is definitive: I arrive on Tuesday August 27th and depart on Monday September 2nd, of course on DL through ATL.

As usual I plan to stay at the Hyatt, although my suite there is not yet confirmed, so there's a slight chance I could decamp to the boutique hotel for the DO days and nights.

I definitely want to sign up for both wine tastings and all of the dinners. Lunches are to be determined as it can be too much food for me.

FlyingCow May 22, 2019 2:47 am

Can confirm I知 in as well :)

I値l arrive Friday August 29th early and stay until Sunday September 8th. I壇 love to join all activities.

MSPeconomist May 22, 2019 7:29 am

Originally Posted by FlyingCow (Post 31126568)

I値l arrive Friday August 29th early and stay until Sunday September 8th. I壇 love to join all activities.

YAY! It will be fun to see you again.

soupxxxx May 25, 2019 7:44 am

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K (Post 30546962)
Its time, again, to thank everybody for their patience... and bring life to the Official Master Thread for the 15th consecutive Cow Do in Buenos Aires (EZE).

As customary, this DO happens over the US Labor Day Weekend - please come back to this thread to learn about this event, including program updates and news. This DO is a gathering of FTers (and non-FTers also welcome) that come together to enjoy Beef & Malbec, and all the other nice & interesting things that Buenos Aires has to offer. From Tango to Polo, Leather, Soccer and one of the Wonders of the World, Buenos Aires is just the welcome gateway to a variety of programs & possibilities....

This DO is one of the longest running yearly events of all FlyerTalk, I think that its tradition is only second to the Australia Do... Im sure that I can be corrected in case Im mistaken, but regardless, this DO is for sure one of the top DO's of these boards in terms of "years of service", and Im very happy & proud to be able to remain a part of this event that brings folks to my hometown, Buenos Aires.

After a great experience last year, we are again naming the 1828 Smart Hotel as the "official" (or suggested) Hotel for this Do. Needless to say, folks are encouraged to stay anywhere they want, and we do of course understand folks have their hotel points to collect, but for those that want a small luxury non-chain hotel at a great value, I would suggest you consider looking into this property.

They are offering a FlyerTalk Special Corporate Rate, please contact the hotel directly and mention the "FlyerTalk Corporate Rate", and they will provide details. All Bookings are to be made directly with the Hotel and handled by each interested guest.

See the hotel website here: 1828 Smart Hotel

Please post your interest in this do and keep us updated as you book your tickets, hotel & other activities !!!!

Cheers from EZE,
Alex / Gaucho100K

You can add me to the list of confirmed flights and hotel!

soupxxxx

Gaucho100K Jun 6, 2019 9:31 am

Great News !!! I will update your status on the 1st page attendeesssss list :D

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 31116853)
My flights are booked and it's beyond the 24 hour free cancellation period, so this is definitive: I arrive on Tuesday August 27th and depart on Monday September 2nd, of course on DL through ATL.

As usual I plan to stay at the Hyatt, although my suite there is not yet confirmed, so there's a slight chance I could decamp to the boutique hotel for the DO days and nights.

I definitely want to sign up for both wine tastings and all of the dinners. Lunches are to be determined as it can be too much food for me.

Excellent News !!! It will be great to have you on board as co-host once again.... LOL ;)

Originally Posted by FlyingCow (Post 31126568)

WOOO HOOO !!!!

We are on a confirmation roll !!!!

I will change your status to confirmed... you are +1, correct..??

Originally Posted by soupxxxx (Post 31137428)
You can add me to the list of confirmed flights and hotel!

soupxxxx

Gaucho100K Jun 17, 2019 6:12 am

Friendly bump !!

MsEverywhere Jun 17, 2019 10:43 am

List us as arriving Wed, Aug 28, "departing" Mon, Sept 2. Staying at the Sheraton Convention Center.

We plan to attend all of the events.

MSPeconomist Jun 17, 2019 10:45 am

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K (Post 31210699)
Friendly bump !!

I'm glad to see that you apparently have electrical power this morning.

MsEverywhere Jun 17, 2019 10:46 am

I heard that all of Argentina lost power over the weekend. How did that go? Any status?

MSPeconomist Jun 17, 2019 10:50 am

CNN is saying that power has been restores to BsAs but not all of Argentina. Uruguay, Paraguay, southern Brazil, and parts of Chile were apparently also dark.

Gaucho100K Jun 17, 2019 5:39 pm

No need to worry.... we were without power only for a few hours, everything is back to normal here. Please relax and get back to your Cow Do travel planning.... :D

MSPeconomist Jul 5, 2019 9:33 pm

I'm happy to report that upgrades on my domestic connecting flights have all cleared. The ticket has been reissued and I have good seats on every segment.

Gaucho100K Jul 8, 2019 4:36 am

For those already ticketed, please be so kind as to post (or re post if you already did so), the exact date and time or your flight arrival. There is a strong possibility we will be changing the day of Wine Tasting #1 for Friday (instead of Saturday) but since it seems that a lot of folks attending will be arriving early, we may have other schedule options. The Monday tasting event will happen as is customary, so no changes there. Please let me know as soon as convenient.

Thank you very much !!!

rxgeek Jul 8, 2019 8:01 am

Arr: Thursday 29AUG AA 907 at 6:01 am.

FriendlySkies Jul 8, 2019 1:38 pm

Unfortunately, I was not able to get the days off I needed to make it this year. I hope next year I値l have better luck!

Gaucho100K Jul 8, 2019 3:52 pm

Thanks for the update... sorry to hear this, but happy to hear you are considering this DO for 2020.

Cheers,
Alex / Gaucho100K

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies (Post 31282550)
Unfortunately, I was not able to get the days off I needed to make it this year. I hope next year I値l have better luck!

cyborg Jul 8, 2019 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K (Post 31280693)
For those already ticketed, please be so kind as to post (or re post if you already did so), the exact date and time or your flight arrival. There is a strong possibility we will be changing the day of Wine Tasting #1 for Friday (instead of Saturday) but since it seems that a lot of folks attending will be arriving early, we may have other schedule options. The Monday tasting event will happen as is customary, so no changes there. Please let me know as soon as convenient.

Thank you very much !!!

Gaucho100K,
My flight will arrive EZE Thursday 0950 29 AUG 2019.
V/r,
-Cyborg

FlyingCow Jul 9, 2019 11:03 pm

Arriving in EZE Fri 30/08 06:00 KL701

MSPeconomist Jul 14, 2019 11:52 am

My preference would be to taste wine on *both* Friday and Saturday, as well as Monday.

I arrive into EZE at 9:20 am on Tuesday August 27th, DL 101. Departure is DL 110 at 8:15 pm on Monday September 2nd. Both are ATL connections (of course).

MsEverywhere Jul 15, 2019 9:51 am

Arrive Wed, Aug 28, 7:53AM on AA997.

daisythedog Jul 17, 2019 5:51 pm

New to the forum and excited to learn about this event. Mr. and Mrs. DaisyDog will be in Buenos Aires and would love to join you for the whole program.
We plan to arrive AEP Thursday 29 August and depart EZE Tuesday 3 September. Flight details to follow.

Gaucho100K Jul 18, 2019 11:39 am

Wow... first of all, welcome to FlyerTalk. Its great to have you here and be able to host you at one of the most traditional FT DO's !!!!! :cool:

I will add you and +1 to the confirmed list, please check back to this thread regularly to receive updated information on the event calendar & details. If you can, please clarify you time of arrival on Thursday as there is a potential calendar change that would put a dinner event on the calendar for this day.

Cheers,
Alex / Gaucho100K

Originally Posted by daisythedog (Post 31314925)
New to the forum and excited to learn about this event. Mr. and Mrs. DaisyDog will be in Buenos Aires and would love to join you for the whole program.
We plan to arrive AEP Thursday 29 August and depart EZE Tuesday 3 September. Flight details to follow.

Gaucho100K Jul 18, 2019 12:12 pm

List of attendees has been updated on the first page. For those that have not already done so, please post your arrival details, as Im looking to fine tune the calendar of events. More details to follow soon.

Thanks,
Alex

Adam Smith Jul 19, 2019 4:45 pm

Sorry for my lack of updates, @Gaucho100K

Unfortunately I don't have enough available vacation this year to make it work, but hopefully in 2020 I can make it - it sounds like a great event and I would definitely love to come see EZE :)

CDKing Jul 19, 2019 7:30 pm

So far things are not looking good for me. crappy AA award space and a rumored death in the partnership with AS. I do have my calendar open but if i make it, i'm guessing it will be last minute.

nomadic.relief Jul 20, 2019 6:20 pm

Work changed, I am not able to attend.

rxgeek Jul 20, 2019 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by nomadic.relief (Post 31325196)
Work changed, I am not able to attend.

Bummer. Was hoping to see you again.

YYZC2 Jul 25, 2019 3:58 pm

Going to try to make it this year. Will book the Anselmo.

Gaucho100K Jul 25, 2019 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by YYZC2 (Post 31342715)
Going to try to make it this year. Will book the Anselmo.

Excellent News. Hope you can sort out your flights and confirm your attendance soon !!!

MSPeconomist Jul 27, 2019 5:20 pm

If anyone is interested in COW DO and doesn't have a ticket yet, there's a business class RT fare from $1573, MIA-EZE-MIA on AA. This was posted in the Premium Fare Deals subforum today. Some dates around late August and early September are apparently available.

ADDED: Someone also posted a TLV-EZE RT fare on AZ (presumably connecting through FCO or MXP, but it might be possible to do this on partner metal with codeshares) in business class for just over $2000.

2RETIREDTRAVELERS Jul 28, 2019 10:24 am

My wife and I are thinking about attending the Do. Sounds like great fun. We have never attended a Do .We will be in BA during the Do, but (gasp) we don't drink wine. How do the dinners work? Are they a set menu or do we order and pay individually? If we decide to attend we will most likely just do the dinners. If we need to pay in cash we need a little heads up. Thanks for any info

mdt76 Jul 30, 2019 7:46 am

Partial attendance question

Hi Gaucho100K,

After many years of trying to match a trip, me and the wife will be in BAires over that weekend for a family wedding... What is the possibility of attending to some of the events on Friday and Monday?

We're a big "tentative" right now since I'm not sure of all the details for the weekend yet.

Thanks,

Mike

MSPeconomist Aug 1, 2019 9:33 am

Someone just posted a premium economy class fare under a thousand Euro RT on IB for BCN-EZE-BCN. Check the FT premium fare deals sub-forum for details on this and other deals to EZE in business class and premium economy.

Gaucho100K Aug 2, 2019 5:01 pm

My apologies for only now getting to reply to your post. Not drinking wine will not be a problem... we don't force anybody to drink grape juice they would rather not !!! LOL :D

Payment for meals is almost always in cash, not that credit cards aren't accepted - but it gets tricky when you have various credit cards and then there is the issue of tip (which you cannot add to the credit card charge)… so to make it short, please plan on cash for meals. There are both types of meal formats, some are set menu and others are order and pay a-la-carte. Needless to say, in both formats you will not be expected to pay for wine that you will not consume.

Let us know what you decide.... I will be updating schedule information in the next couple of days.

Cheers,
Alex

Originally Posted by 2RETIREDTRAVELERS (Post 31351257)
My wife and I are thinking about attending the Do. Sounds like great fun. We have never attended a Do .We will be in BA during the Do, but (gasp) we don't drink wine. How do the dinners work? Are they a set menu or do we order and pay individually? If we decide to attend we will most likely just do the dinners. If we need to pay in cash we need a little heads up. Thanks for any info

Gaucho100K Aug 2, 2019 5:04 pm

Mike... yes, that's not a problem, provided you don't take tooo long to confirm. Would you be interesting in joining 1 or both of the Charity Wine Tastings...? which meals would you want to join in..? give me a little more details but I will be happy to try to accommodate you both. Hope you are able to join us !!!!

cheers
Alex

Originally Posted by mdt76 (Post 31358653)
Hi Gaucho100K,

After many years of trying to match a trip, me and the wife will be in BAires over that weekend for a family wedding... What is the possibility of attending to some of the events on Friday and Monday?

We're a big "tentative" right now since I'm not sure of all the details for the weekend yet.

Thanks,

Mike

Gaucho100K Aug 3, 2019 1:41 pm

I have updated the Schedule of Events on the 1st page of this Master Thread, please refer to Post #3 for details.
Here is a link to the post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30546965-post3.html

IMPORTANT: Please note that this year, the 1st Charity Wine Tasting will be held on FRIDAY, rather than the customary Saturday.

Also, to make sure nobody gets a Cow over-dose, we are planning on Italian lunches and Grilled Cow dinners. Many attendees over the years have had trouble with having 2 large meals in one day, so the idea is to allow everybody to pace themselves to better enjoy the experiences.... :D

Some of you have already indicated your attendance to various events, I will start a list of confirmed attendance to each event in Post #4 of this thread... please be so kind as to refer to this post and in case there is a need to modify something, please let me know by posting on this Master Thread.
Here is a link to the post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30546967-post4.html

rxgeek Aug 3, 2019 3:39 pm

Zorak Aug 3, 2019 5:49 pm

I'd put this off because I was waiting for a few things to line up properly, but I have just booked, and am looking forward to my second COW DO!

Scheduled arrival at EZE is 10:20am on 8/30 -- please put me down for all Friday activities (assuming no IRROPs :)) and Saturday as well.

Gaucho100K Aug 3, 2019 5:58 pm

Excellent News !!!!!

So you are departing early and therefore no Monday activities, correct...?

Originally Posted by Zorak (Post 31375968)
I'd put this off because I was waiting for a few things to line up properly, but I have just booked, and am looking forward to my second COW DO!

Scheduled arrival at EZE is 10:20am on 8/30 -- please put me down for all Friday activities (assuming no IRROPs :)) and Saturday as well.