Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Cow Do XV (EZE) - Aug 30 to Sep 02, 2019

Cow Do XV (EZE) - Aug 30 to Sep 02, 2019

Old Sep 9, 19, 10:23 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & All Wines Argentine
MsEverywhere--- no need to apologize, Dorian has many folks worried and juggling schedules, arrangements, etc. Also, you are the Empress of the COW DO, so you have special privileges.... LOL
Old Sep 11, 19, 4:28 pm

Programs: UA and AS
Originally Posted by soupxxxx View Post
Thanks to Alex for organizing and to Alex and Flor for co-hosting! Thanks to Cyborg for sharing a wonderful bottle of wine at his last supper. Thanks to (I don't remember who) for sharing a bottle of South African liquor. Thanks to Monica and Willow for sharing their ride to EZE. Thanks to Zorak for suggesting the concert at Theatro Colon on Sunday. Thanks to all for a memorable Cow Do!

Note to Alex: My 6 bottles of wine arrived home with me safely and no tax.
I still have a bottle of the 2015 Noemia we enjoyed at the "Last Supper" along with a 2006 so if anyone wants a refill in the Northern Virginia area, just let me know :-)

Alex and Flor, many thanks for another great weekend plus of amazing food, wine and BA culture!

Looking forward to the next opportunity to visit.

Cheers,

-Cyborg
Gaucho100K likes this.
Old Oct 15, 19, 5:44 pm

Programs: DL KM/DM/MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
Leave aside the aMOOOOzing experience at a cowDO... alex knows how to pick some damn good wine! over the weekend, a proper celebration required proper wine... so the 2007 Bodega Catena Zapata Estiba Reservada I acquired via Gaucho100K made it to the table. Two and half hours later, 35 dollars corkage, and 26 oz steak later, all were very happy. Even the waiter who got a taste. Well done Gaucho!
Gaucho100K and MSPeconomist like this.
Old Apr 4, 20, 7:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I was just looking for the 2020 COW DO thread but couldn't find it, so I guess I'll post here in the hope that Buenos Aires fans see the information:

There are a lot of cheap business class fare to Buenos Aires posted in the Premium Fare Deals forum now, including BA from MAD, AM from YVR and IIRC LAX, AZ, etc. Of course, check the refund rules carefully as for all we know Argentina could sadly be in a lockdown by September.
Old Apr 5, 20, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
I was just looking for the 2020 COW DO thread but couldn't find it, so I guess I'll post here in the hope that Buenos Aires fans see the information:

There are a lot of cheap business class fare to Buenos Aires posted in the Premium Fare Deals forum now, including BA from MAD, AM from YVR and IIRC LAX, AZ, etc. Of course, check the refund rules carefully as for all we know Argentina could sadly be in a lockdown by September.
Be in a lockdown "by September?" It was one of the first countries in a total lockdown, and the borders have been shut for some time.
Old Apr 5, 20, 7:21 am

Programs: UA and AS
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post

I would not expect those deals to be available for long and they will be risky given the service reductions going on.

AA just loaded schedule changes with reduced capacity to BA. I was booked on 931 from MIA in Biz using AS MP with a 6 hour layover from DCA. Got lucky this time when AA chopped 931 and moved me to the earlier flight 907 now showing a 3 hour layover.

In any case, I made plans to attend the 2020 Cow Do back in January and have air and hotel already in pocket. Biggest concern now is how the recovery phase of this crisis plays out and how resilient Argentina will be in the next few months.

Cheers,

-Cyborg
Old Apr 5, 20, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by cyborg View Post
I would not expect those deals to be available for long and they will be risky given the service reductions going on.

AA just loaded schedule changes with reduced capacity to BA. I was booked on 931 from MIA in Biz using AS MP with a 6 hour layover from DCA. Got lucky this time when AA chopped 931 and moved me to the earlier flight 907 now showing a 3 hour layover.

In any case, I made plans to attend the 2020 Cow Do back in January and have air and hotel already in pocket. Biggest concern now is how the recovery phase of this crisis plays out and how resilient Argentina will be in the next few months.

Cheers,

-Cyborg
Without getting "too" off topic on this, Argentina's biggest problem (IMnshO) for this in the future is Brazil, where the national government is still taking this even less seriously than Trump was a month ago. That is a huge visitor origination point for Argentina, and opening things up too quickly will only cause Argentina to have a problem it doesn't need.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: