Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Cow Do XV (EZE) - Aug 30 to Sep 02, 2019

Cow Do XV (EZE) - Aug 30 to Sep 02, 2019

Old Aug 30, 19, 1:28 am

Programs: FB Gold, BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Sorry to hear that. Assuming you're on SkyTeam, your KLM TATL flight should be part of the JV with AF, KLM, DL, and IIRC AZ. There are also some bilateral JVs with VS, but I would make connecting through LHR my first choice, partly because DL/VS use a different terminal than the SkyTeam intraEurope flights.

In additon to trying to get to AMS on KLM or AZ for your KLM (I assume) flight to EZE, there *should* still be an AZ nonstop from FCO to EZE as well as (I assume) an AF flight from CDG to EZE, although I haven't attempted to check schedules for any of these.

A more creative re-routing would be to try to get to ATL using DL/KLM/AZ/AF to almost anyplace in the USA east of the Rockies (ATL would obviously be best), get a domestic DL flight to ATL if needed, and then take the daily DL nonstop from ATL to EZE that departs ATL a little after 10 pm and arrives into EZE the next morning a bit after 9 am. [It's an A330 with business class, C+, and coach and usually isn't full at this time of year.] This obviously requires more flying (but cows do like to fly, don't they?), but would at least get you here if other routings over the southern Atlantic Ocean fail. You probably need to have a USA ETA (or visa) to do this

However, Hurricane Dorian is expected to hit Florida (but so far ATL isn't included in the waiver), so please try to stay clear of Florida and the coastal areas of neighboring states.

Good luck.....we're keeping fingers crossed for you.
Thanks a lot for the tips! My problem was that I ended up flying to AMS, and options were limited. By the time I landed I had been proactively rebooked onto the KL flight to GRU, and from then on to EZE on QR. I’ll get there by late today, and hope to see you bunch tomorrow for lunch.

Enjoy the tasting and Gustavo’s fine skills at Somos Asado today - I’ll have to go back there some time during the week to make up for my IRROPS
Old Aug 30, 19, 4:29 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM/AC; UA Silver; Marriott LTT; National Car Executive Elite
Originally Posted by M60_to_LGA View Post
The 9, I believe, is required when calling any Argentinean cell phone from a foreign number, even from a land line.
So do we need to add the 9 if we're calling an Argentinian land line?

Speaking of calling, if anyone is flying AA to or through Florida, the OSO Off Schedule Operations call center is 800.446.7834.
Old Aug 30, 19, 5:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by FlyingCow View Post

Thanks a lot for the tips! My problem was that I ended up flying to AMS, and options were limited. By the time I landed I had been proactively rebooked onto the KL flight to GRU, and from then on to EZE on QR. I’ll get there by late today, and hope to see you bunch tomorrow for lunch.

Enjoy the tasting and Gustavo’s fine skills at Somos Asado today - I’ll have to go back there some time during the week to make up for my IRROPS
QR with SkyTeam ORC sounds pretty good to me. I hope they put you in business class on both flights, plus you'll get 600 Euro for EC261 to spend on wine, right?
FlyingCow likes this.
Old Aug 30, 19, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, TR 7*, SPG/MR Plat, UA 1K
I'm on the ground. We arrived a bit early, but the line at migraciones is gigantic so it didn't really matter
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Aug 30, 19, 7:47 am

Tickets

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Could the Superior Institute of Art be a student organization? If so, it might be a free performance, but I'm just guessing. If I have a chance, I'll try asking my hotel concierge.
I went to Teatro Colón and got three free tickets, so Zorak and MsEconomit you are welcome to one each.
Zorak likes this.
Old Aug 30, 19, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by soupxxxx View Post
I went to Teatro Colón and got three free tickets, so Zorak and MsEconomit you are welcome to one each.
Awesome, thanks!

Sadly the immigration line is barely crawling along. Guessing at least another half hour before I'm through hope I can still make part of the tasting...
Old Aug 30, 19, 8:37 am

Programs: AA GLD, AC
Originally Posted by MsEverywhere View Post
So do we need to add the 9 if we're calling an Argentinian land line?

Speaking of calling, if anyone is flying AA to or through Florida, the OSO Off Schedule Operations call center is 800.446.7834.
No 9 needed for land lines.
Old Aug 30, 19, 12:17 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
No 9 needed for land lines.
EZE needs Acces No 1 (SkyPriority) for immigration and customs.
Zorak likes this.
Old Aug 30, 19, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The massive steak at lunch reminded me of this oldie but goodie:

https://idlewords.com/2006/04/argent...eaks_a_day.htm
2RETIREDTRAVELERS likes this.
Old Aug 30, 19, 6:16 pm

Programs: AA GLD, AC
So my flight to ATL just landed and it appears that in the past two hours my flight tonight to EZE went from on time to 10 hours delayed, not leaving until tomorrow morning.

What the actual f. Unless I can get rerouted out of ATL (unlikely at this hour) I'll miss the whole Do. I'm not happy.
Old Aug 30, 19, 6:32 pm

Location: Birmingham, AL (weekdays) and Atlanta, GA (weekends)
Programs: DL Platinum Medallion
So my flight to ATL just landed and it appears that in the past two hours my flight tonight to EZE went from on time to 10 hours delayed, not leaving until tomorrow morning.

What the actual f. Unless I can get rerouted out of ATL (unlikely at this hour) I'll miss the whole Do. I'm not happy.
i just landed in ATL and got the same news. Seriously frustrated.

I have a 2nd home in midtown Atlanta and know the city well. If I can take you out to dinner or give you any tips, PM me and i’ll be glad to help.
Flying Machine and M60_to_LGA like this.
Old Aug 30, 19, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yikes. Just did a half-assed search on Matrix -- maybe through GIG?
Old Aug 31, 19, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by Zorak View Post
Yikes. Just did a half-assed search on Matrix -- maybe through GIG?
If there's space GRU might be a better possibility than GIG as GRU generally has more international flights, but I don't know how the connections look. From either of there airports, there might be flights into AEP in addition to EZE. Once could in prinicple als try to switch from the international to domestic airports at Rio or Sao Paulo, but this might require a visa in addition to some Brazilian money, plus it's a long trip in traffiic and expensive by taxi.

Let's not forget that this will mess up later flights on the route too. I'm not sure how soon the crew rest requirements allow DL to catch up when something like this occurs on a once a day route to an outstation.

Time to check my flights.......
Old Aug 31, 19, 7:20 am

DL 101 is up in the air, ETA 6:38 pm. At least customs and immigration and EZE should be fast.....and the nest few days' worth of DL 101 (southbound) and DL 110 (northbound) seem to currently be on time.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Aug 31, 19 at 7:25 am
Old Aug 31, 19, 9:51 am

Good morning everyone. I'm finishing my breakfast outside and therefore I'm definitely going to skip the lunch at Sotto Vocci (or however it's spelled) today. I'll see everyone at dinner tonight (Fervor at 8 pm), hopefully including FlyingCow and the two DL folks who were stranded in ATL last night. [For anyone who doesn't know the place, Fervor is about a five minute walk from either the PH or Alvear Palace, easily walkable from the Recoleta cemetery, Recoleta Cultural Center (with a cool sound and light snake that you walk through, all free), Palais de Glacé, the Bellas Artes museum, MALBA, and even the Evita museum if you're energetic, etc.]
FlyingCow likes this.

Search this Thread