FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   CommunityBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz-380/)
-   -   Cow Do XV (EZE) - Aug 30 to Sep 02, 2019 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz/1946367-cow-do-xv-eze-aug-30-sep-02-2019-a.html)

MSPeconomist Aug 28, 19 9:35 am

I'm here.....and money has been exchanged, at a rate of 55 per dollar.

Flying Machine Aug 28, 19 10:12 am


Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 31465736)
I'm here.....and money has been exchanged, at a rate of 55 per dollar.

In case you were planning on taking the Subte this evening there is an all line strike starting at 9:00 pm local time! Enjoy the Cow Do!

FlyingCow Aug 28, 19 1:20 pm

About to start packing amidst a pseudo-heatwave in Scandi and looking forward to another great long weekend of lots of cow and lots of wine :)

I second Alex’s recommendation about having cash (ARS) handy. Please make sure to get some pesos since it will make life easier for everyone, and tips are cash only.

For any events where Alex won’t be able to make it, as he mentioned, I’ll be there acting as the ‘local’ :D

MSPeconomist Aug 28, 19 2:09 pm


Originally Posted by FlyingCow (Post 31466713)
About to start packing amidst a pseudo-heatwave in Scandi and looking forward to another great long weekend of lots of cow and lots of wine :)

I second Alex’s recommendation about having cash (ARS) handy. Please make sure to get some pesos since it will make life easier for everyone, and tips are cash only.

For any events where Alex won’t be able to make it, as he mentioned, I’ll be there acting as the ‘local’ :D

Thank you in advance. I'm looking forward to seeing you soon (and also the wine and dead cow).

Zorak Aug 28, 19 4:25 pm

Eyeing this for Sunday morning:

El ISATC en la Sala Principal 05 | Teatro Colón

Didn't see a way to buy tickets in advance (I found a box office link but this event isn't listed) -- maybe it's free? -- anyway was just going to show up and see what the deal is :)

MSPeconomist Aug 28, 19 5:29 pm


Originally Posted by Zorak (Post 31467496)
Eyeing this for Sunday morning:

El ISATC en la Sala Principal 05 | Teatro Colón

Didn't see a way to buy tickets in advance (I found a box office link but this event isn't listed) -- maybe it's free? -- anyway was just going to show up and see what the deal is :)

Could the Superior Institute of Art be a student organization? If so, it might be a free performance, but I'm just guessing. If I have a chance, I'll try asking my hotel concierge.

Gaucho100K Aug 28, 19 8:04 pm

Soooo.... who else is already here.....?

rxgeek Aug 28, 19 9:16 pm


Originally Posted by Gaucho100K (Post 31468085)
Soooo.... who else is already here.....?

Not even close. Stuck in MIA with a mechanical. Hoping to get out with a 3 hour delay.

rxgeek Aug 28, 19 9:33 pm

My MIA-EZEFlight now departing at 6am Thursday. At least I'll see something out the window 😂

MSPeconomist Aug 28, 19 10:39 pm


Originally Posted by rxgeek (Post 31468324)
My MIA-EZEFlight now departing at 6am Thursday. At least I'll see something out the window 😂

OUCH. I hope it doesn't get worse. That would mean getting here late afternoon? I hope that the MX cause means that AA is giving you a decent hotel for the (short) night.

BostonGuy Aug 28, 19 11:02 pm

Excited to meet the rest of you!

I've met Alex, and am so impressed with the time and service he devotes to this forum.

I fly ATL-EZE Friday night and arrive Saturday morning.

Getting to meet more FlyerTalkers will be a treat, as this is my first meetup.

I decided to do a throwaway hotel for my Delta Vacations deal, so I'm still deciding where to stay. I love the posh hotels in Recoleta and the boutiques in Palermo Soho, and usually tend to stay at both kinds during one of my trips.

I think my plan is, 3 days B.A. to join you for the Sat and Monday Cow Do festivities, fly elsewhere Tuesday (Salta or Bariloche perhaps, since I've done 5-6 Mendoza trips), then back to B.A. next weekend to unwind and catch the flight home. It's quite fun making this up as I go.

When you hear my southern accent, you'll wonder why in the h*ll my handle is BostonGuy! That just shows how long I've been on FlyerTalk. I joined when I lived in Boston around 2000-2002, before I moved back south.

Boston no longer being applicable, I have changed my TripAdvisor handle to MalbecWriter and might do the same on FT soon. Maybe I'll use the occasion of the B.A. meetup for my "transition..." : )

MSPeconomist Aug 28, 19 11:14 pm

Yay, it will be fun to see you here.

BTW, just out of curiosity I tried clicking on the hotels link on my DL PNR and after I got beyond the EZE airport hotels, I was shocked at what I saw: hostels in the $5-12 range and what seemed to be real hotels (and some apartments that I assumed were either serviced apartment/hotels or AirBnB type listings) starting under $20 and including the Park Hyatt, Alvear Palace, etc. A couple hundred choices were listed and the rates looked amazing in USD, even for prepaid run of the house rooms in the hotels or neighborhoods I recognized.

Gaucho100K Aug 29, 19 6:13 am


Originally Posted by rxgeek (Post 31468324)
My MIA-EZEFlight now departing at 6am Thursday. At least I'll see something out the window 😂

Does someone know if this flight left as scheduled at 0600 this morning?


MsEverywhere Aug 29, 19 6:17 am

Warning to any from the US who plan to use your Verizon Wireless phone to call a local number. After the +54 country code you need to enter 9 and then the rest of the number.

It's because Verizon is CDMA and most of the world including Argentina is on the other network standard, GSM.

I believe that there are other US carriers on CDMA but I'm not sure which ones. Sprint, maybe.

Flying Machine Aug 29, 19 6:48 am


Originally Posted by Gaucho100K (Post 31469288)


Does someone know if this flight left as scheduled at 0600 this morning?


It’s currently at an 8:27 AM decision, that is not guaranteed


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 3:36 am.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.