FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   CommunityBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz-380/)
-   -   Cow Do XV (EZE) - Aug 30 to Sep 02, 2019 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz/1946367-cow-do-xv-eze-aug-30-sep-02-2019-a.html)

MSPeconomist Aug 21, 2019 10:01 am

Originally Posted by rxgeek (Post 31440139)
This is the most food-centric DO I've been to. I think all my free time will be on a treadmill.:eek:

Why do you think it's called COW DO?

Gaucho100K Aug 21, 2019 10:14 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 31440152)
Why do you think it's called COW DO?

That's what I would call an outstanding answer..... :D

Gaucho100K Aug 25, 2019 8:11 pm

Folks... please note that Monday's Charity Wine Tasting has had a change of Venue.

We have had to change the location from the 1828 Smart Hotel to Somos Asado. Timing remains unchanged, 1100AM start time, we will then transition into lunch at Trattoria Olivetti. This change is now reflected in the schedule of events on the 1st page of this Master Thread.

Organizational issues aside, I think that this is also a great chance for those that cannot join us for the Friday WT and Lunch to get to know Gustavo's place, which is IMO one of the best kept culinary secrets of Buenos Aires.

Gaucho100K Aug 25, 2019 8:30 pm

Please review Event Attendance (once again)

Once again, I kindly ask everybody to check below and see if I have correctly reflected your event attendance for each our our scheduled activities. If Ive goofed somewhere - kindly post here and/or send me a PM. If Ive managed to get your plans right, then please be so kind as to confirm this so I can finalize the check-list and re-confirm the headcount with the different venues.

MsEverywhere+1: Friday Wine Tasting / Friday Lunch / Friday Dinner / Saturday Lunch / Saturday Dinner / Monday Wine Tasting
MSPEconomist: Friday Wine Tasting / Friday Lunch / Friday Dinner / Saturday Lunch / Saturday Dinner / Monday Wine Tasting / Monday Lunch
FlyingCow: Friday Wine Tasting / Friday Lunch / Friday Dinner / Saturday Lunch / Saturday Dinner / Monday Wine Tasting / Monday Lunch
CyBorg: Friday Wine Tasting / Friday Lunch / Friday Dinner / Saturday Lunch / Saturday Dinner
RXGeek+1: Friday Wine Tasting / Friday Lunch / Friday Dinner / Saturday Lunch / Saturday Dinner / Monday Wine Tasting / Monday Lunch
SoupXXXX: Friday Wine Tasting / Friday Lunch / Friday Dinner / Saturday Lunch / Saturday Dinner / Monday Wine Tasting / Monday Lunch
KayakingNow: Friday Wine Tasting / Friday Lunch / Saturday Dinner / Monday Wine Tasting / Monday Lunch
Daisythedog+1: Friday Wine Tasting / Friday Lunch / Friday Dinner / Saturday Lunch / Saturday Dinner / Monday Wine Tasting / Monday Lunch
Zorak: Friday Wine Tasting / Friday Lunch / Friday Dinner / Saturday Lunch / Saturday Dinner
2Retired_Travelers+1: Friday Lunch / Friday Dinner / Saturday Lunch / Saturday Dinner / Monday Lunch
mdt76+1: Friday Lunch / Monday Wine Tasting / Monday Lunch
M60+LGA: Saturday Dinner
YYZC2: Friday Wine Tasting / Friday Lunch

Thanks to everybody for your Patience !!! :D ^

cyborg Aug 26, 2019 2:46 am

Alex,

Confirmed as posted in #139 .

Capitalizing the 3rd letter in Cyborg makes me an evil Star Trek creature pitching for a Major League Baseball award.

Cheers,

Cyborg

2RETIREDTRAVELERS Aug 26, 2019 7:17 am

Hello Gaucho100K,
Confirmed!

M60_to_LGA Aug 26, 2019 9:05 am

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K (Post 31456556)
M60+LGA: Saturday Dinner

Yup - that's correct for me. I look forward to meeting everyone on Saturday!

MsEverywhere Aug 26, 2019 10:00 am

Yes, confirmed and already did OLCI for flights and hotel.

MSPeconomist Aug 26, 2019 10:21 am

I'm tentatively planning to skip lunch on Monday and I might also skip lunch on Saturday as it tends to be too much food.

Otherwise I'm in for everything, including both dinners, both tastings, and lunch after the first tasting.

KayakingNow Aug 26, 2019 12:13 pm

delete

Gaucho100K Aug 26, 2019 7:53 pm

Not wanting to be difficult, but the tentatively play is going to be complicated. Depending on how much goodwill I can get from the Restaurants, those on the tentative team may end up being "stand by" at the table. This will of course not happen at a place like Somos Asado, but cant say the same for some of the other establishments.

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 31458295)
I'm tentatively planning to skip lunch on Monday and I might also skip lunch on Saturday as it tends to be too much food.

Otherwise I'm in for everything, including both dinners, both tastings, and lunch after the first tasting.

BostonGuy Aug 27, 2019 1:12 am

I just bought my ticket! Took advantage of Delta's half-price SkyMiles promotion for Delta Vacations.

I apologize for the late inquiry. If available, I would like to join
- Saturday night dinner at Fervor
- Monday's wine tasting / lunch

If there isn't space at one of those events, completely understood.
Let me know what else i need to do, and thank you for all your efforts in pulling this together.

Stephen

Gaucho100K Aug 27, 2019 3:29 am

confirmed

Stephen,

Welcome Aboard. You are confirmed for the events you have requested.

cheers!!

Gaucho100K Aug 27, 2019 6:31 am

Thanks to all that have reconfirmed so far. Friendly reminder to the rest that still have to reconfirm. Thanks !!!

Gaucho100K Aug 27, 2019 10:42 am

Folks, all reservations have been reconfirmed.

Tables are booked to FLYERTALK - Maria Florencia.

Please do not panic if you are early and FlyingCow hasn't arrived, the FlyerTalk name is always confusing and it sometimes get lost in the Paperwork. Please note that La Cabrera is La Cabrera Norte - and the dinner time has been updated to 2030hrs (they open at that time).

For La Cabrera, I have had to to a small deposit of AR$2800 in Cash, which needs to be deducted from the Final Tab. FlyingCow will be in charge of the Administrative details at all events where I will not be available. Please, I urge all participants to assist with making things smooth so please remember a few tips.... a) be on time... b) please have cash in hand to settle payments.... c) remember to smile a lot and be ready to be patient. This is a bit of a "strange" Do for me since I will be out of Town from Friday afternoon to Sunday night - parenting/soccer-dad related duties, will explain details when we all meet... :D

Look forward to the other reconfirmations that are pending, Im still working on a few final details and will continue to post information here. Please check back to this thread frequently. It would be great to hear from those as they start their journeys, and also do check in and post once you have arrived.

Cheers from EZE, the countdown has started..... :D ^

Alex / Gaucho100K