Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Spring weekend in San Diego: 03/15 - 03/17

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2002, 5:15 am
Joh

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Honours Gold, KLM Gold
Did anyone have any joy with Hilton San Diego Mission Valley honouring those VERY inexpensive nights for this weekend?

Please email me direct if you did, rather than sidetrack this get-together thread. Just interested in the final outcome for some of you as we had quite a few rooms confirmed.
Old Mar 11, 2002, 2:39 pm

Looking forward to seeing old friends, and making new ones, on this trip.
Old Mar 11, 2002, 6:24 pm
R&R

I seem to have trouble finding the scheduled events. Can someone point in the direction of the final choices?

Thanks

Old Mar 12, 2002, 9:29 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, IHG Spire, HH Gold
Looks like I'll be there for Saturday's activities! After attending last year's event, I couuldn't resist coming this time.

Please confirm the activities for Saturday, and add me to the list for dinner that night.

Thanks!

FYI, I'll be staying at the Hilton San Diego Airport/Harbor Island ($50.00 on Priceline)

[This message has been edited by MartinElk (edited 03-12-2002).]
Old Mar 13, 2002, 3:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Color me confirmed (party of one) for whatever on Saturday evening and whichever rathole of a bar onefreeman drags me to on Sunday afternoon.
Old Mar 13, 2002, 5:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
Premex, I am glad you're coming...

Now, regarding Friday night:
I do have trouble selecting some place for Friday evening. However, (thanks to FT chat), I decided it might be best for all of us to meet in downtown / Gaslamp Quarter for drinks on Friday. This location should me most convenient for those arriving Friday evening...

I believe meeting at 9:00pm on Friday should work best for most of us.

So - if someone could actually come up with a few suggestions of nice bars/places in downtown SAN, I would appreciate it - otherwise I would just say to meet like at the Horton Plaza.
Old Mar 13, 2002, 6:47 am
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
How about Rock Bottom Brewery for Friday night? Or any of the places on this site??
Old Mar 13, 2002, 6:52 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
I've been to Moose McGillycuddy's in Hawaii. It's fun. Food was pub food though.
Old Mar 13, 2002, 9:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Moose's in Redondo Beach (L.A.) isn't very good; just my 2 cents worth, not sure that the SD one would be that much better

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Spiff:
I've been to Moose McGillycuddy's in Hawaii. It's fun. Food was pub food though.</font>
Old Mar 13, 2002, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
I'm now a 100% NO now for three reasons...

1. I will be attempting to bump in DEN on Friday morning coming back to DFW.

2. I will be getting tickets to see They Might Be Giants in Dallas on Friday night.

3. I will be shedding my red hair on Saturday morning at 10 am.
Old Mar 13, 2002, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by techgirl:
1. I will be attempting to bump in DEN on Friday morning coming back to DFW.
</font>
Sigh... you would have to figure. I fly UA through DEN two Fridays in a row and the only bumping opportunities (as of now) for both this Friday and next Friday appear to be on AA. In fact, if I was on AA, I could probably collect enough to pay for my next NRT trip and a companion too.
Old Mar 13, 2002, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by missydarlin:
How about Rock Bottom Brewery for Friday night?</font>
Sounds like the best suggestion to me so far...

Anybody been to this place yet?
Old Mar 13, 2002, 4:26 pm
Community Director Emerita

Email has just gone to all the people who have responded for Saturday night dinner. If you don't get it - email me!

MartinElk, it's great to see that you will join us again. We had a quiz at our dinner last summer; Martin was the ONLY FTer there - or that I know of - who is La Quinta Gold!!

PremEx, I'm delighted you're able to come.

rcs85551, we met at the Rock Bottom Brewery last year on Friday night during our FT weekend. It worked well; my only caution is that it is a BIG place and the downstairs is VERY noisy. Captain Mike arranged seating for us on the upstairs patio. You might want to chose that as a meeting point, or the FTers who go have no hope of finding each other.
Old Mar 13, 2002, 8:31 pm

Programs: AA 1.5MM & RC of an employee, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Carol I just got your email and there maybe be a couple more FTers and non FTers coming that have not posted. I'll tell the FTers to contact you about their attendance and I'll follow up with the others.

Also just wondering if you have any idea if the restaurant can accommodate vegans.

Thanks for handling this Carol.

I would like to meet you guys on Friday night but my flight doesn't arrive until after 23:00 so I'll need to know where people will be at midnight. Can someone that will be out on Friday take note of my mobile and give me a buzz about 23:30. My mobile is 415-309-7611. Thanks!

------------------
The world is a book, and for those who do not travel, read only a page.
-Saint Augustine
Old Mar 13, 2002, 8:35 pm

Programs: AA 1.5MM & RC of an employee, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
OK I answered my own question about vegans. I called the restaurant and they can accomodate.

------------------
The world is a book, and for those who do not travel, read only a page.
-Saint Augustine

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.