Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Spring weekend in San Diego: 03/15 - 03/17

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2002, 12:24 pm
Original Member

Programs: CO Gold, AA Gold, HH Diamond, IC Plat Ambassador
Carol -- please add me as a possible for dinner too. Will do my best to firm up a schedule this weekend...

Old Feb 13, 2002, 1:17 pm
Community Director Emerita

Sounds like we've got agreement to Rei do Gado! I'm delighted to see the list of those who are coming - I'll meet a lot of new San Diegans, as well as some FTers across the country and our Munich resident - rcs8551 - who started this thread. I'll call and book a table for 20 at 7:30pm on Saturday, March 16. However, this place is Brazilian and used to flux - we had a birthday party for a friend at Rei do Gado; expected 25, and ended up with 35. If that happens, we'll just do as the Brazilians do, and sit closer!
Old Feb 13, 2002, 1:41 pm

Programs: UA Prem Exec MM Life, Marriott Planinum Life
SanDiego1K. Move me from possible to confirmed status. Thanks.

------------------
Have passport, will travel...
CLD, LAX, LHR, CDG, et.al.
Old Feb 13, 2002, 1:56 pm
Commander Catcop

Unfortunately I can't make this weekend Carol and RCS but when I get back to San Diego let's do dinner there.

Old Feb 13, 2002, 2:04 pm

World20, I've moved you to confirmed. Can you persuade your wife to join us? It was a pleasure to meet her at our last dinner. She did a great job of holding her own with we crazy FlyerTalkers.

Catman, you are number one on my list to welcome to San Diego any day any time! I'm counting on you coming soon!

Onefreeman, I'm hoping that you'll be able to come. It's wonderful to see you active in FT again.

[This message has been edited by SanDiego1K (edited 02-13-2002).]
Old Feb 13, 2002, 7:53 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
I am SOOOOOO there
Old Feb 15, 2002, 1:00 pm

Are angelenos invited?

------------------
Michael
AA PLT,1 MLN Miles+
Hilton Gold
Sheraton Gold
Marriot Silver
Old Feb 15, 2002, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Please put me down on the maybe list.

If the weekend stays open for me, I may even take the Amtrak San Diegan down from LA!
Old Feb 15, 2002, 1:35 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Worldtraveler36:

Are angelenos invited?

</font>
Is the Pope Catholic? Heck, yes, the more the merrier! And PremEx, it will be awesome if you can come! Rei do Gado is walking distance from the Amtrak station. Now the bar where onefreeman is thinking about us hanging out one afternoon in Pacific Beach will require transportation - but after all, if you don't drive, you can drink!

Old Feb 16, 2002, 10:38 am

Programs: UA Prem Exec MM Life, Marriott Planinum Life
Anyone arriving to this event on UA metal in need of an upgrade, just contact me.

------------------
Have passport, will travel...
CLD, LAX, LHR, CDG, et.al.
Old Feb 16, 2002, 12:45 pm
Suspended

Location: Promoted to Chairman of the Most Wonderful Continental Airlines Highly Valuable OnePass Program Security and Ideological Purity Bureau
Are there any seats left at the table??? If so, I'll try to see if I can put in a stopover in SAN on my return trip from SYD on 03/16...
Old Feb 16, 2002, 4:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
avek, we would be glad to welcome you in San Diego
As far as I have been told by SanDiego1K, it should not be any problem at all to "squeeze" you in as well

Keep us updated on your efforts...
Old Feb 17, 2002, 3:26 pm

Programs: AA 1.5MM & RC of an employee, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Count me in as a definite, definite maybe. I just have to finalize a couple things and I am there. I am a 95% yes so please add another person for dinner.

I just stepped off the plane from Brazil and I am already missing it so Brazilian food sounds wonderful. Thanks Carol for taking on another SD FT dinner.

------------------
The world is a book, and for those who do not travel, read only a page.
-Saint Augustine
Old Feb 17, 2002, 5:01 pm
Suspended

Location: Promoted to Chairman of the Most Wonderful Continental Airlines Highly Valuable OnePass Program Security and Ideological Purity Bureau
Well, there are HP flights available in F LAX-LAS-SAN on the 16th; I would arrive into SAN at approx. 1 P.M. (IIRC). I could then continue on HP SAN-PHX-ATL (also in F) on the morning of the 17th.

The only potential problem might be that the reward permits one stopover, and I'm already using that in Australia. That said, I'm dealing with CO, so anything can happen...
Old Feb 19, 2002, 11:16 pm

Programs: AA 1.5MM & RC of an employee, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
OK my flights are confirmed and I’ll be there really late Friday night. Are there any plans to meet at a bar on Friday?

------------------
The world is a book, and for those who do not travel, read only a page.
-Saint Augustine

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.