Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Capt. Denny Dinner DO - 24 Oct (East Bay)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Capt. Denny Dinner DO - 24 Oct (East Bay)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2018, 10:02 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Arrow Capt. Denny Dinner DO - 24 Oct (East Bay)

Captain Denny (ret.) will be speaking at California State University, East Bay on October 25th and we are getting together for a dinner the night before October 24th, somewhere near Union City/Hayward. Details will be posted in this thread in the United Forum: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30282488-post764.html

boxo and JDiver like this.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Besides me (and BRT), I know of one other Flyertalker that's still waiting for a thank you for his contribution to the Captain Jason Dahl Fund.
iluv2fly likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 8:21 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by dhammer53
Besides me (and BRT), I know of one other Flyertalker that's still waiting for a thank you for his contribution to the Captain Jason Dahl Fund.
Wouldn’t that be up to the employees, if any, of the Capt. Jason Dahl Fund? Usually, that gets left to a volunteer and certainly so in a very small, unstaffed scholarship fund like this. I doubt Capt. Denny is due any opprobrium for the lack of a thank you. Thank yous are not why most people contribute money to what they consider to be a worthy cause.

Thank you for contributing to help a young person without the means to do so achieve an education in aviation.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
That's correct, but Captain Denny over the years always reached out with a personalized thank you. I was disappointed in him.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 10:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
"Pat with a bunch of numbers" (that's how Cap'n Denny always refers to you when we've talked ), please tell Denny SkiAdcock/Sharon said hi! Wish I could make it, but can't. Will be there in spirit. Glad to see Denny still likes to meet up w/ FTers, even though he's now retired.

Also, the Jason Dahl Fund is one of the 3 charities for which we raise $$ via the charity raffle at the annual Chicago Seminar Event taking place this weekend in the ORD area (the other 2 charities are Airline Ambassadors Intl & SemperFi Fund), where Denny used to speak so it will be getting a check in a few weeks.

BTW - have you picked a place for the dinner? You might want to post it here. Have a great time!

Cheers.
Pat89339 likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 11:55 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Location of dinner:

Buffalo Bill’s Brewery
1082 B Street
Hayward CA 94541

Time: 7:00 PM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.