FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: On a collision course with Kettledom
I'll be there, for sure.

Is this a dressy place?
Old Jun 18, 2002, 8:42 pm
Commander Catcop
Original Poster

This is great Opus!

Cite is not a dressy place. Dressy casual is fine, although I have seen people in jeans there as well.

Looking forward to seeing you again!
Old Jun 19, 2002, 8:40 am

Programs: DL Diamond, AA CK, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Platinum, Avis Presidents
Not sure if it is too late or that I would be wanted but...it would be nice to meet all of you.

Old Jun 19, 2002, 9:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Hmmm, what I wanted to wear and what I am wearing are unfortunately two different things!

Typically I prefer to wear ensembles all in black (I know very shocking to any New Yorker!) but there is a lot of construction going on at my office and the whole place is a mess. Anything black would become splotched so quickly so I bagged that idea.

So I'm in a khaki outfit---khaki crop pants and a khaki/white stripe boat-neck blouse---yup this entire outfit is LL Bean so it's very practical. So since I know that Cite, like many restaurants in the city, is casual, I don't feel so much like a fish out of water.

Please pardon the very casual appearance but I am looking forward to meeting you all. Ohhh, I also lost my voice so I'm a bit froggy. Gee, now nobody will want to meet me but hey, I might as well be honest up front.
Old Jun 19, 2002, 10:46 am
doc

Still scrambling to get over there, BTW, but please do not wait for me to order! After rearranging travel, meeting etc, we have a family issue also it now seems. I'm gonna' try to at least swing by, if I can, no matter what, however. Hopefully!

-Mark
Old Jun 19, 2002, 11:51 am

I just came back from the dentist. I will spare you all the gruesome details, and suffice it to say I must now send my regrets. No chewing for me tonight!

Catch you all next time.
Old Jun 19, 2002, 12:19 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AA CK, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Platinum, Avis Presidents
SO would it be alright if I came tonight? I have some reasonably interesting stories any interest or space in another.

Thanks. Nat
Old Jun 19, 2002, 1:24 pm
Commander Catcop
Original Poster

OH KITTY HAWK!!! MY poor sister! I hope you are feeling better. When you are up for it we'll go to Cite for a mini Alley Cats meeting! (since you are on the board of directors of our little group! )

Globalflight... that means you are ***IN*** I'll send you a direct e-mail as well.

Analise: Your outfit is purrfect for Cite! :0 Don't worry about talking, glad you could make it!

See you all in a few hours!

[This message has been edited by Catman (edited 06-19-2002).]
Old Jun 19, 2002, 2:25 pm

Catman, YGM.

I'm going to be late, maybe too late because I've got a "client crisis" at the office. It's a long story but systems are not normal and I've got to remain here until they are. Just wanted to give you all a heads up. I'm very sorry about that. But I'm hoping this gets resolved shortly.
Old Jun 19, 2002, 3:18 pm

To all: might want to bring an umbrella!
Old Jun 19, 2002, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Catman, thanks again for putting together a wonderful evening. It was a great opportunity to meet some extremely knowledgeable FTers.
Old Jun 19, 2002, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And I understand that LarryU arrived at Cite from a flight that just made him a newly minted United 1K Million Mile Flyer?

I hope someone bought him a drink.
Old Jun 19, 2002, 9:46 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PremEx:
I hope someone bought him a drink. </font>
We tried - but all he wanted was H2O . . . something about saving up for Friday at JFK

And thank you, Catman, for pulling this together. It was great to meet you and all the other FTers tonight !
Old Jun 19, 2002, 11:01 pm
Commander Catcop
Original Poster

A MILLION MEOWY THANKS! To Everyone who came for another purrfect wonderful evening!

It was great meeting new friends and members of the Alley Cats and catching up with old pals!

767 is correct Big Bruddar... Larry U was happy with just water. When I see you Brother Larry again I will get you a nice Gin and Tonic! And congrats on making Million miler!

Kitty Hawk, Analise and Doc...sorry you could not make it but we toasted you and hope to see you and the rest of the Alley Cats sometime soon.

Ok, WHO will put something together for the NEXT ALLEY CATS meeting in JULY???

Ready to pass on the yarn ball!
Old Jun 20, 2002, 5:37 am

LarryU drank water???????? And I missed it? Rats!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.