Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"FlyerTalk Loves AA" Month

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2001, 4:26 pm
Original Poster

"FlyerTalk Loves AA" Month

Here's the idea: In the AA Forum, ron-val-ron posted that he was doing some nice things for the AA staff he encountered this week.

I proposed that we extend this concept to an entire month, with the high point being an FT Gathering here in DFW, since this is the HQ area for AA. (Edited to clarify this statement.)

I proposed April as the month we should set aside for this, and I believe the gathering should be scheduled for the weekend of April 19-21.

We can come up with things we want to do during the month for our beloved AA team members, buttons and shirts to wear, etc.

I will come out of retirement in planning gatherings if there is enough interest to do this.

This gathering will not be like the PIM (Party In The Metroplex), loaded with all kinds of tours, although I do want to have us tour the C.R. Smith Museum. We can also get a commemorative brick in honor of FT, to place near the DC-3 in the museum. We wanted to do this during the PIM, but that schedule didn't fit ours.

I kind of envision, as part of this gathering, a day of discussion, similar to what we do here, just that it would be in person, at a central location. We could share perspectives on relevant issues (either in AA or air travel in general), share travel tips, travel-related websites, etc.

Of course, the gathering would be open to all, even though we would be celebrating the AA team members.

Randy, I'm giving you enough notice for this, so you can clear your schedule (and bring some FT goodies along!).

What do you all think? Let me know how you feel about this. AA FlyerTalk Members, share this with your fellow employees, then post your thoughts here.

Studley

------------------
Friends don't let friends play Naked Twister without tequila.

[This message has been edited by studley (edited 11-15-2001).]
Old Nov 15, 2001, 5:25 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Am I missing something here? Why AA and not United or any of the others?

Just wondering.

William
Old Nov 15, 2001, 6:08 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold
studley:

I'd love to be part of this event; it sounds like a great idea and I would be willing to help in any way I could. I have already made a suggestion to AMR HQ about a button I would like to see made available to their loyal customers (details posted on the thread linked below) and I received a positive response to that proposal.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum.../006522-2.html

That is just one idea to help us show our support for American Airlines but I'm sure other FTers loyal to AA can come up with many other ideas in plenty of time for the month long celebration and FT Gathering in DFW.

William:
I believe studley is focusing on AA given not only the Sep. 11 events but the one on Nov. 12. Plus, we have benefited greatly from the generous participation of many AA employee FlyerTalkers and it seems their numbers are greater than those from any other airline (studley, I don't mean to put words in your mouth ... if I'm off base please say so). That said, I can see no reason why similar support could not and should not be shown toward other airlines that are doing a good job of keeping their loyal customers happy (overall, I think AA does a pretty decent job).
Old Nov 15, 2001, 6:57 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Hey..what about the AS Employees!!

We need to feel the love too

Where are the Fans of the Eskimo?
Old Nov 15, 2001, 9:17 pm

Programs: Lapsed elite statuses galore
Excellent idea, Studley!

And even though the proposed date is the weekend after Federal income taxes are due, please count me in...

I think it's important to show appreciation, especially in times likes these, and I hope we'll be able to get that message across.

And Missy, you know we love you, Eskimo notwithstanding.
Old Nov 15, 2001, 10:10 pm
Original Poster

bbinchi,

You are right on track!

:-)

I have also thought that this could be a test event, which could be used for FT Gatherings in other cities for their respective carriers.

And, even though the DFW event would be mainly focused on AA, all would be welcome, including the Metroplex neighbors from WN!

Studley
Old Nov 17, 2001, 6:41 pm
askworldtraveler

Compared to many of you I'm new to the board - but hardly new to AA . Finding the threads, and finding the time to read has been fun, educational and very heartwarming. Please put me (perhaps us - my wife who 'may' make EXP this year) on the update list for this event - and if there's something I can do - (give a busy person a job...) I would be glad to help. Great idea (I'm traveling tomorrow with box's of See's for everyone between LA and London)

------------------
Askworldtraveler, EXP,4 million AA miles+++Hilton Gold (thanks to EXP)

Old Nov 17, 2001, 6:50 pm
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by missydarlin:
Hey..what about the AS Employees!!

We need to feel the love too

Where are the Fans of the Eskimo?
</font>
Eskimo? I always thought that was Johnny Cash on the tail of the planes!
Old Nov 17, 2001, 10:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sounds like a good idea to me. You guys did a great job with the last DFW event, especially considering the circumstances.

d
Old Nov 17, 2001, 10:20 pm

Programs: UA/1K, DL/PM, AA/PLT, NW/SLV; SW/PLT, HH/DIA
Maybe I'm missing something here, but this seems way off base.

This seems just as silly as people who said to buy stocks right after the September 11th catastrophe because doing so would be "patriotic".

Now, I love AA as much as anyone. I qualified for the top 20,000 fliers promo -- without any mileage runs.

But the notion that we should be nicer to employees because of the bad luck the company has had -- come on.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.