Secret Santa 2018 Official Thread!

Secret Santa 2018 Official Thread!

Old Feb 21, 2019, 11:11 am

Programs: Mileage Plus
Count me in for helping out too.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 10:37 pm
In Memoriam

Hipquest Amazing Substitute Secret Santa

I received an amazing gift from Hipquest as a Substitute Secret Santa this week, sent from North Carolina to Hong Kong. Thank you for this very thoughtful and generous gifts, including special items which we just love, for both me and my wife! Hipquest applied such caring consideration in these gift items, we are so grateful!!! You are amazing!!!

Wonderful boxful of items!

Travel Duffel Bag and Sleep Mask

Portable Sports Video Camera Kit and Amazing candied pecans, and travel adapter kit.

Van Gogh scarf/shawl, coffee beans and the Travel Duffel.
joshua362 likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 2:36 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by shutterbugguy
I received an amazing gift from Hipquest as a Substitute Secret Santa this week, sent from North Carolina to Hong Kong. Thank you for this very thoughtful and generous gifts, including special items which we just love, for both me and my wife! Hipquest applied such caring consideration in these gift items, we are so grateful!!! You are amazing!!!

Wonderful boxful of items!

Travel Duffel Bag and Sleep Mask

Portable Sports Video Camera Kit and Amazing candied pecans, and travel adapter kit.

Van Gogh scarf/shawl, coffee beans and the Travel Duffel.

That action camera looks like fun 😂👍
Old Mar 2, 2019, 3:14 pm

Programs: Southwest, Delta, Hyatt & IHG
Hi William,
Likewise, I am willing to help and step up where I can. My daughter and I have really enjoyed participating in Secret Santa for the last several years. I am so sorry to hear you have not had cooperative Secret Santa's.

Thank you,
Sandra
(sandratravels)
Old Mar 5, 2019, 2:31 pm

Programs: Former AA EXP, DL PM, BAEC Bronze, SPG GOLD, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum

Well, I was surprised to find a box at my door that I had no idea how it arrived. I could have swore that all my secrets arrived and gave no thought. When I finally had a moment to open the box, I thought that maybe it was in fact a delayed secret Santa box. No sooner that I had taken the picture and was going to post a thank you for the wonderful gift, the answer was in my message box.

Thank you Isuswim for the impressive gift. An exquisite bottle of Japanese whiskey.
Redhead likes this.

Last edited by token385; Mar 5, 2019 at 2:33 pm Reason: add on
Old Mar 15, 2019, 4:15 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat | UA Gld | DL Gld
To my Two santa's who gifts I opened and received in December of last year I just wanted to thank you both again and give an update.
I've eaten everything! All the sweets were amazing and now I'm addicted to the chocolate covered smarties that we especially don't have here in the states.
I've seriously have been using the yoga mats EVERY week! They actually encouraged me to workout more too.

So grateful to have had both of you

-PandaSoPink
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 3:45 pm

Many thanks to my replacement not-so-secret Santa!! You kindly dropped it off at my work, then I promptly forgot it and had go back today!

I'll see about posting a photo later, but it was a lovely blue and silver bracelet, a black + white hot/cold S'well bottle, and some travel sized Moroccan Oil hair products (which I very much look forward to trying out on my next trip, ie tomorrow).

Thanks for stepping up where another fell through!
Redhead, weather and kauppias like this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 11:44 am

Programs: FB Platinum
Smile

A big shout-out to @frontenac551 for being not only a great Secret Santa but also an amazing replacement one

I received an awesome Lego Technic ultralight helicopter and lovely Prince of Earl Grey tea. Im looking forward to enjoying both in unison, they make a perfect match.

To all of my (not so) Secret Santas, thanks again for being amazing. All edibles and drinkables are no longer among us and were greatly enjoyed. The Lush products and Star Wars Lego set have also been enjoyed in their respective encarnations.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:06 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, AS 75k
Agreed! Thank you to my original and especially to my Replacement Secret Santa. He went above and beyond!
Old Mar 22, 2019, 5:05 pm

Programs: AC Aeroplan,Delta Skymiles, Avion
Lol, nomadic.relief...almost jinxed twice!! Glad you liked it and that you finally received your Christmas present!

Last edited by weather; Mar 22, 2019 at 5:08 pm Reason: spelling
Old Mar 23, 2019, 4:40 am

Originally Posted by FlyingCow
A big shout-out to @frontenac551 for being not only a great Secret Santa but also an amazing replacement one

I received an awesome Lego Technic ultralight helicopter and lovely Prince of Earl Grey tea. Im looking forward to enjoying both in unison, they make a perfect match.

To all of my (not so) Secret Santas, thanks again for being amazing. All edibles and drinkables are no longer among us and were greatly enjoyed. The Lush products and Star Wars Lego set have also been enjoyed in their respective encarnations.
Glad you finally got it! Just think of it as a nice extended Christmas, rather than a really delayed gift
Old Mar 28, 2019, 1:46 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
A possible GREAT BIG THANK YOU to my possible Replacement Secret Santa after only receivibg one actual gift of three this season I was really happy to received a BauBax travel jacket in the mail. I had to send it back to get a bigger size as I am a hefty boy 😂😂 but I am really looking forward to testing it soon. Luckily Baubax promised to change it for a larger size 👍

I had bought a knock off of this style jacket but it broke right away 😂

I am assuming this was a SS gift but there was no note so just my guess here!

So a HUGE thank you to SS and Wharvey for doing all this!

I will post photos once it comes Back in the mail!
Old Mar 28, 2019, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I received a nice surprise in the mail a couple days ago. I thought I had received all my gifts but one of my secret santas sent me another package with a card apologizing for the late delivery of the gift saying they had a family medical emergency come up.

A cute win bottle sweater with a cat on it and a book about London theater. I'm looking forward to reading the book this weekend since I love West End theater.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 11:19 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Starwood/Marriott, Hilton, IHG
I'm not sure what the amount of unclaimed gift cards in the world may be, but I'm sure it has something to do with why the guidelines specifically say no GCs. Whoever the anonymous person was that sent me a GC, well, it's Amazon Prime Day, I need a new nighttime spotlight for my flagpole, so I go back to find the e-mail from Amazon stating I have a GC and enter the code in the e-mail. Well, I'm now over 20 minutes on the phone with Amazon after the code comes back as invalid and they're having trouble determining what the problem is. You didn't cause their technical glitch but you sure caused my angst by failing to follow simple directions. No wonder why you wanted to remain anonymous...
Old Jul 17, 2019, 4:55 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Originally Posted by spartacus
I'm not sure what the amount of unclaimed gift cards in the world may be, but I'm sure it has something to do with why the guidelines specifically say no GCs. Whoever the anonymous person was that sent me a GC, well, it's Amazon Prime Day, I need a new nighttime spotlight for my flagpole, so I go back to find the e-mail from Amazon stating I have a GC and enter the code in the e-mail. Well, I'm now over 20 minutes on the phone with Amazon after the code comes back as invalid and they're having trouble determining what the problem is. You didn't cause their technical glitch but you sure caused my angst by failing to follow simple directions. No wonder why you wanted to remain anonymous...
If you need me to reach out to the person who send that gift card, let me know. Honestly though, I do not see how blaming them is appropriate if it was Amazon's problem. I always enter Amazon gift cards into my account as soon as I get them even if I am not using them immediately to eliminate these problems.

I much prefer someone to send a gift card vs someone who sends nothing.

So sorry it did not work for you.
FlyingCow likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.