Reload this Page >

Secret Santa 2018 Official Thread!

Secret Santa 2018 Official Thread!

Old Jan 24, 2019, 3:30 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Dear Santas,

I want to thank those of you who stepped forward to help me out... I will let you know next week how I may need your help. I am still researching several Santas who have appeared to not meet their commitments... and this includes some members who have participated for years. Those members will all be losing their Flyertalk privileges in the upcoming week.

This has to be my worst year of managing this project... and may be the last. Very disappointing... and I am so sorry for those of you who are still waiting or were disappointed in the gifts you received.

William
Old Jan 24, 2019, 3:48 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by wharvey
Dear Santas,

I want to thank those of you who stepped forward to help me out... I will let you know next week how I may need your help. I am still researching several Santas who have appeared to not meet their commitments... and this includes some members who have participated for years. Those members will all be losing their Flyertalk privileges in the upcoming week.

This has to be my worst year of managing this project... and may be the last. Very disappointing... and I am so sorry for those of you who are still waiting or were disappointed in the gifts you received.

William
I really hope this is a communication issue and not abdication of duties. I'm not a shining beacon of ethics but I can't imagine accepting a gift and then not reciprocating. I'm sorry for your hassles.
FlyingCow and samosa like this.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 9:24 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
It is truly sad to read the the problems are that wide spread

One just has to wonder why people participate if they dont plan to participate, surely not just to gain a 50$ gift, seems like alot of effort for little gain....
Old Jan 25, 2019, 7:38 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
I'm very sad to hear of the problems. I've participated for 8+ years and it is always such a joy. I'm sorry that it might end
Old Jan 25, 2019, 9:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by wharvey
Dear Santas,

William
I sent you a PM to help too.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 12:16 pm

Programs: AC Aeroplan,Delta Skymiles, Avion
What a shame...
Old Feb 5, 2019, 8:20 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Mariott Platinum Premier Elite
The last time I was involved in a "secret santa" online, I ended up getting a sample of homemade soap and information on how to order more.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 9:26 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Santa Update,

I want to thank everyone who is willing to help.

I just suspended several members from Flyertalk because they failed to followthrough on their commitments. They have also ignored my messages even though they have read them and been on Flyertalk many times since those messages were received.

As always, I will be taking care of a few of the assignments even though I do not participate or receive any gifts during the process.... I just run the process now.

Unfortunately, I still needed some help. So, I did send assignments to a few of you who offered to help. Thank you so very much.

For those of you who volunteered but did not get an assignment, do not worry... I may still need you!

Thanks again!

William
dhammer53 likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 10:32 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Starwood/Marriott, Hilton, IHG
Replied to your PM with a paste of my PM to you on December 17th with the items and UPS tracking numbers to the two people I sent packages to.
joshua362 likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 7:50 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
Cookie Monster shoes

@Navi_Jen. Toms Shoes have Cookie Monster shoes
Old Feb 8, 2019, 10:24 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Gold Amb.
I was very happy to return home today to find a package from my replacement secret Santa.

The travel adaptor will replace the one i left in Canada a couple of weeks ago.
and i absolutely love the Whiskey glass and book.

thank you
Old Feb 10, 2019, 7:31 pm

Programs: Delta,SPG, Hyatt
Originally Posted by bergamini

I think he may have given me AESOP stuff last year for Secret Santa. I loved it! The facial cleanser, toner and moisturizer were my 3 favorite.
Ha! I promise I don't work there...but my whole family loves the stuff...we were introduced to it at the Park Hyatt Seoul...
Old Feb 13, 2019, 11:13 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Received a wonderful surprise from Wendy in Pennsylvania yesterday, a great flying related toy for the little one and some treats originating from Philadelphia, where I was born and don't get back to that often unfortunately. Many thanks, the personalized touch was very appreciated.

I do hope this tradition continues despite the headaches it causes Papa Elf every year, he must be near or past the breaking point, as I would be...

Redhead, CDTraveler and FlyingCow like this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 1:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by joshua362
Received a wonderful surprise from Wendy in Pennsylvania yesterday, a great flying related toy for the little one and some treats originating from Philadelphia, where I was born and don't get back to that often unfortunately. Many thanks, the personalized touch was very appreciated.

I do hope this tradition continues despite the headaches it causes Papa Elf every year, he must be near or past the breaking point, as I would be...

I love Legos and Duplos!
Old Feb 14, 2019, 7:44 am

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by singtx
Ha! I promise I don't work there...but my whole family loves the stuff...we were introduced to it at the Park Hyatt Seoul...
It's a great gift!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.