Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Secret Santa 2018 Official Thread!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2019, 12:31 pm

Programs: LH
And some more Secret Santa presents:
a Yoga Book and a daily calendar. Thank you so much!
Attached Images  
Old Jan 6, 2019, 8:40 pm

Programs: Delta GM
So I've finally taken possession of my second secret Santa gift, but the late receipt was no fault of my Santa! I missed an email from late December which included an Amazon gift card (thanks Amazon for sending a reminder email!) and the delivery person hid the accompanying book so well that it went unnoticed until today.

So Santa, I'm very sorry for the late post, buy thank you for the gift card and the book on cold case crimes from Vancouver! It looks very interesting and I cannot wait to dive into it!
Old Jan 6, 2019, 9:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
@MissChele thank you for all of the presents! We picked them up today, and the dogs about mauled us when we got home because they wanted the one box and all of the treats! Schultz won't stop bothering me because he wants them! I'm not sure if the shotgun shell socks were meant for me or for Mr. Kipper, but I've confiscated them if they were for him. The beer syrup is definitely interesting, and he'll enjoy cooking with that and the Beer Kitchen cookbook. Mr. Kipper has confiscated the Penguins calendar for his office.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 5:39 am

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by flo-e
Upon returning for the Xmas vacation, a Secret Santa gift was waiting for me in the form of a stuffed animal. Thank you Secret Santa!
omg l love Pusheen! Seriously the best!
Old Jan 8, 2019, 12:43 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Head Santa Update,

I am still missing information from many individuals.

As I indicated in my last notes:

1. If I sent you a message to confirm all gifts received and you did not answer me.... then I am assuming you received all gifts.
2. If I sent you a message to confirm shipping of all gifts received and you did not answer me... then I am getting ready to suspend you from Flyertalk.

I hate to go to these extreme steps... but enough is enough.

William

If
Old Jan 8, 2019, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by wharvey
Head Santa Update,

1. If I sent you a message to confirm all gifts received and you did not answer me.... then I am assuming you received all gifts.
2. If I sent you a message to confirm shipping of all gifts received and you did not answer me... then I am getting ready to suspend you from Flyertalk.

William

If
I'm good, right?
Old Jan 8, 2019, 1:38 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by wharvey
Head Santa Update,

William

If
Hopefully my messages have come through. Its not fun for anyone to have to chase down people who dont reply, hopefully people make it easier on Santa

The naughty list is a bad way to exit FT!
Old Jan 9, 2019, 5:22 pm

Programs: AA, Hilton Honors, IHG
So here goes, here is my fun stuff I got! I am not sure who they were from as they were from SECRET Santas which is awesome, so thank you guys for everything! Loved the gifts so much my husband burnt his hand on one

FlyingCow likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by navi_jen
You are welcome! I thought a fellow MA reader might be intrigued about the Flood. @kipper, there was a local presentation at the Old South Meeting House, and that's how I found out about it. The book is a fascinating melange of Boston politics, the growth of the immigrant community and a good old fashioned suspense novel. Strongly recommend it. The candle came from my home state of Ohio and I thought the foam roller might be beneficial if you are training for another marathon while on the road. Funny story, I actually had a massage stick confiscated from my rollaboard once, so a mini foam roller now travels with me. Hope you and yours had a very merry Xmas....as well as all the folks on FT

And Happy Boxing day to our Commonwealth friends.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 5:45 pm

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Originally Posted by WIRunner
WARNING, SPOILER ALERT IF YOU WANT TO READ THE BOOK....though does Molasses spoil? If Molasses doesn't spoil, but a article spoils Molasses, can you hear a bear crap in the woods?

Seriously WIRunner, thank for the link, cool stuff.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 11:58 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
I have sent a PM to Wharvey so if you have NOT gotten my info please let me know, not sure if all my messages are going through

2/3 gifts received in some fashion
Old Jan 16, 2019, 6:32 am

Programs: hilton, amtrak, united, marriott, hyatt
The Secret Santa gift I received was so good, I had to post my thanks again.

Just got around to trying out the huge box of k-cups, and it was close to perfect! The 40-count sampler had no duplicates, so I get to try many blends/brands of real coffee (not flavored which is not my fav).
My staff suspects I will demolish the lot in short order, and be on a very happy caffeinated buzz for the rest of the week!

Santa -- you ROCK!
Redhead likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 8:02 am

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
After some complications, my second and final Secret Santa gift was opened today. Tons of unicorn stuff plus an awesome champagne flute called a Corkikle. Sadly l left Sweden before its arrival but Le Boyfriend was good enough to video chat with me so I could check out the goodies. I'll be picking them up next month. And be all cosy with my tea and unicorn onesie as well. Bwahaha.

Corkcicle
Unicorn foam
Sugared Grapefruit Candle
Unicorn headphones
Unicorn rubber keychain pouch
Unicorn decals + sticker sheet
Unicorn horn bath fizz
Fluffy unicorn toiletry bag

Old Jan 18, 2019, 8:51 am

For those who were interested in the Boston Molasses Flood, here's an interesting article. It discusses the book mentioned above.
AStarr likes this.

Last edited by kipper; Jan 18, 2019 at 8:58 am
Old Jan 19, 2019, 9:14 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Gold
I'm starting the book today!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.