Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Secret Santa 2018 Official Thread!

Secret Santa 2018 Official Thread!

Old Dec 21, 2018, 8:19 pm

Programs: AC Aeroplan,Delta Skymiles, Avion
Arghhhhh! I sent an email to my Secret Santa about the whereabouts of the gift I left on his front porch and he just messaged back that he's in Florida until the 7th! I'm going back to retrieve it in the morning!

Managed to retrieve it and will try to deliver in the New Year.

Last edited by weather; Dec 22, 2018 at 2:47 pm
Old Dec 21, 2018, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by WIRunner
They had to have done some post stalking to know that I've been wanting the Planter's Cheese Balls, and not able to find any. They sent two, but one was consumed prior to taking the photo... and there was no space on the stool. That's my excuse.

A baseball hat from a local golf course, ball marker, and a matching sharpie, a micro USB cable (which for having a thousand of them it seems, I never have one on the road) and a cable organiser. The cable organiser is something I badly needed. My backpack always seems to have cords flying out everywhere, and I can never seem to find what I need.
Try Boxed for the cheez balls

I received my gift but not opening until later. Funny how we got each other lol.
WIRunner likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 11:07 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Well looks like only one secret santa gift made it by christmas this year 😃 The last mail delivery before christmas arrived today. International deliveries can be tricky. Perhaps by new years 😃

Merry christmas and happy holidays to all here on FT and the SS thread 😃 I look forward to seeing what everyone got, I was happy to read that my giftees received and liked their gifts 👍 allways a fun challenge, and experience.

Kauppias 🍻
Old Dec 22, 2018, 12:01 am

Smile

I received my first secret Santa gift 😍😍😍 I luv my gift. THANK YOU SO MUCH👌👏👏
Old Dec 22, 2018, 6:25 am

Programs: AC
I received a $75 Air Canada gift card in the mail that will most certainly come in handy thos year.

i havent heard anything from either of the two people who received the gifts I sent to california and Ottawa over a month ago.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 6:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by jkyllonen
Try Boxed for the cheez balls

I received my gift but not opening until later. Funny how we got each other lol.
This. I found mine on Boxed. It was actually my first order from Boxed, IIRC.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 8:46 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Can I ask people to please send me messages letting me know what you specifically ship and receive? I still have lots of holes in my spreadsheet and I am getting a bit concerned.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 4:36 pm

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
Hey! Just an update. I've received notices about delivery attempts for my Secret Santa gifts and will be arranging to pick them up with DHL next week

Thanks!
Old Dec 22, 2018, 5:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Gold

Received a fun Savannah-themed box from B00mer89 - Honey, tea, salts and seasonings along with fab cookbook. The personalized ornament is a nice touch - it is always hard to find anything with my name spelled correctly. I'm afraid I will lose the lip balms to my daughter as soon as she sees them...

Thanks so much for the goodies!

MissChele

Last edited by MissChele; Dec 22, 2018 at 5:37 pm
Old Dec 22, 2018, 6:02 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Thanks, Jen, my fellow Mass Flyertalk member for my box of goodies. Pictures will follow. I got a lovely bottle of red wine, a book all about the Boston molasses flood (which I knew about, but not any of the details), a lovely candle, a traveling massage roller (what a great idea! ) and a legal drinking glass. Love them all, and stopped my day to devour the book!
Old Dec 23, 2018, 5:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Runner123
Thanks, Jen, my fellow Mass Flyertalk member for my box of goodies. Pictures will follow. I got a lovely bottle of red wine, a book all about the Boston molasses flood (which I knew about, but not any of the details), a lovely candle, a traveling massage roller (what a great idea! ) and a legal drinking glass. Love them all, and stopped my day to devour the book!
​​​​​​There's a book about the molasses flood?
Old Dec 23, 2018, 6:34 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
It's the only book about the molasses flood. It's called Dark Tide, appropriately. It's very thorough and well written.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 12:06 pm

Received my 2nd secret Santa 🎅 gift. Thank you 😊 nice gift card / credit card holder.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 1:12 pm

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Gold Amb.
I opened my 2 presents that have arrived so far as im traveling from tomorrow.
Huge thank you both for the whiskey and glass and book.
Im going to really enjoy them,

One more present to come. which hopefully will arrive soon.

From what i can tell, 2 of the presents i sent out have been delivered, but one seems to be delayed somewhere, so i will try and chase it up and hope it will get there soon.
thank you

FlyingCow likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by WIRunner
I'm part Finnish and from MI and absolutely intrigued by the So Suomi (lol) coffee. Ended up tracking down the Keweenaw Coffee Works and already put in an order for my family. This thread is a great source of neat items that I never knew of!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.