Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Secret Santa 2018 Official Thread!

Secret Santa 2018 Official Thread!

Old Dec 20, 2018, 3:32 pm

Programs: NWA, UA Silver. Hilton Diamond
I got some boxes today. I won’t be opening them til Xmas.

Merry Xmas everyone. I’ll report back after the big day.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 4:44 pm

Received a RFID-blocking wallet from my anonymous secret Santa ... and it's made of Moose Leather!!!

Old Dec 20, 2018, 4:54 pm

Programs: Air Canada - Aeroplan Black, AC - E50K, NEXUS/GE
I did receive one gift so far from my secret santa (Amazon box leaves me wondering who and what!). I am eagerly awaiting gift number 2 and I will open and post pics on Dec. 25th!
Old Dec 20, 2018, 5:15 pm

Thanks to my great secret Santa from the UK. We received a nice package today with something for everyone in the family including the dogs. Faulty towers series dvds in honor of my occupation as a hotel GM. Also nice that i have only seen a couple episodes. A Great British bake off cook book. A beautiful leather roots 73 passport holder and even some Santa dog socks. My wife will enjoy the gingerbread black tea. Of course from the us we may need to brew enough of it to fill a gallon container, add sugar and make it ice tea. Thanks again secret Santa

John

Last edited by john c wisconsin; Dec 20, 2018 at 5:29 pm
Old Dec 20, 2018, 10:12 pm

Programs: British Airways, Lufthansa, American Airlines, United Airlines, Hilton Honors
Received my gifts!

Thanks to my Secret Santa! I absolutely loved the presents, particularly the books!

Old Dec 20, 2018, 11:17 pm

Gift received - but disposed of

Well, I had a "unique" and disappointing experience with one of my Secret Santa gifts. I'm sure it was strictly an oversight by the gift sender, but something to keep in mind for future reference.
The gift was a bonsai tree. My hints did not indicate anything near that and I'm not a plant person at all (Secret Santa wouldn't know that part). Problem is - I live in a US/Canada border town, and I provide both addresses to make it easier for my Secret Santa(s). The item was shipped to my US address, but you can't easily bring plants across the border. So I was forced to dispose of the plant immediately after opening the box.

Oh well...
Old Dec 20, 2018, 11:24 pm

Secret Santa gift received with a few individually wrapped odds and ends.

Thanks Santa.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 11:49 pm
In Memoriam

Awesome Action Camera from my Secret Santa!

Thank you very much Santa MrDplus! What a great gift!

I am a school teacher of Design class and the Akaso Action Camera (similar to a GoPro) is greatly appreciated, as I will use it for video recording students working on their design projects, and for other school (and personal/family) events!

Have a blessed Christmas, everyone!
Shutterbugguy
Old Dec 20, 2018, 11:50 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by shutterbugguy
Thank you very much Santa MrDplus! What a great gift!

I am a school teacher of Design class and the Akaso Action Camera (similar to a GoPro) is greatly appreciated, as I will use it for video recording students working on their design projects, and for other school (and personal/family) events!

Have a blessed Christmas, everyone!
Shutterbugguy
That looks like a fun gift 👍👍
Old Dec 21, 2018, 6:46 am

Programs: Delta,SPG, Hyatt
Got a fantastic bonsai tree (juniper). Not sure why this was selected....but I always wanted one! Our family loves it. Thanks to the SS...its sitting in our garage surrounded by gravel and water - just as the instructions stated.

PM sent to Wharvey...
Old Dec 21, 2018, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My shipping tracking shows one of mine has been delivered, and two were held by customs (but indicate they are on the move again now, phew - I didn't think I had bought anything that dodgy!) My apologies to the two that are still awaiting gifts - I am hoping they will be there Monday.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 7:29 am

Programs: AA ExPlat | UA Gld | DL Gld
Want to say to My Second SS I have received all your presents and am waiting to open them! it looks like a ton of fun goodies Thank you.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 7:34 am

Programs: AA ExPlat | UA Gld | DL Gld
Originally Posted by mdbe
@PandaSoPink

As promised the cocktails have been well enjoyed on SW. Thank you again.

I'm glad you got to try it out! Its for all those times we're not upgraded to 1A hehe. Well I of course - prefer 2B was never a bulkhead type of person since I'm short and like to have my bag in front of me.

PandaSoPink
Old Dec 21, 2018, 8:40 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
I received a FitBit Flex - thank you Santa JoelThomas. It is awesome and the inspiration that I need to get walking again!
Old Dec 21, 2018, 10:47 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Got 2 of my Secret Santa gifts already but will be waiting until Christmas Day to open them! I hope the presents I sent have made it to their destination.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.