Reload this Page >

Secret Santa 2018 Official Thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Secret Santa 2018 Official Thread!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2018, 7:55 pm

Came home to a wonderful box of winter accessories (gloves, hat, neck warmer, jacket) and a very cool boardgame - Pandemic - that I've played before and enjoyed a lot. Many thanks to my anonymous Santa!
Old Dec 5, 2018, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I received a nice package today from an anonymous santa. Was a framed 3d paper picture of 42nd street with marquees from various broadway shows and the frame has flashing lights similar to a broadway marquee. I have a couple signed framed playbills on my one wall and this will go great on the wall with them.

MICP3208 sent me a package a couple weeks ago with some wrapped gifts that I was going to wait to open but decided not to put up a tree this year with so much going on and since this is the last night I have nothing going on until Christmas opened my wrapped gifts. There were a few items with Delta logo on them that I didn't even know they made (Coffee cup, baseball cap and a really nice pair of slipper style socks), an amazon gift card book mark, a cute cat calendar and a toy for my kitty's that they love.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 11:57 pm
Suspended

Talking Santa dropped some nice stuff

So, a couple weeks ago I came home and was informed that a parcel was deposited at a nearby Deutsche Post outlet. Went there a few days later and picked it up.

The tape on it, clearly indicating that some government agency had tempered with it, made me quite suspicious.As you can see it obviously was the TSA so it could be anything, most likely a gun😎.

Upon arrival at home I of course opened it and was surprised to find the most toxic 🙈content in a small package. I was astounded to see that the TSA, even so obviously having nothing to do with this, having let this one through, a combination of nutrients that could easily instigate an enjoyable and durable sugar high…
See the documentation for evidence here:

For health and security reasons the content had to be destroyed immediately.
That task was not easily completed and thus, as promised by the accompanying letter, in the meantime another parcel arrived.

I’m looking forward to open it sometime in the future with a nice meal.
So, this was the first Secret Santa 🎅 to from whom I received lovely gifts 🎁 this year.
Thank you André!

I can confirm now, that as of today the task of destroying this dangerous amount of sugary nutrients has reached completion of exactly 97,38%. Only a few pop tarts are left.
Redhead, onetess and FlyingCow like this.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 8:02 am

Programs: AA ExPlat | UA Gld | DL Gld
Originally Posted by mdbe
Thank you PandaSoPink. I've been meaning to try the "holiday" limited edition Froot Loops, and will do tomorrow for breakfast I also am flying SW this week for the second time this year :sigh:, so will try to use the cocktail kit as well...
Hope you enjoy everything and the tiles are a multi pack so you get to share with your wife!

Also, I would like to point out this Secret Santa triangle: Mdbe was Onetess SS gifter and Ontess happened to be my gifter and now me to yours Mdbe!
I did gift Onetess last year and the gifts she gave me this year are still nicely wrapped by my tree waiting to be opened.

PandaSopink
Old Dec 6, 2018, 10:48 am
Suspended

Talking And another foodie package came

After a couple of days yet another package arrived at my door.
I had just finished eating the incredibly tasty Cheddar. Note to self: organize more of that stuff, quickly!

This time it was a gourmet surprise.

The Duck Rilette was a real surprise. It tasted exactly what one might expect of actually lovely homemade food!
And the Chips were a real surprise too, as I love chips / crackers and have been able to sample quite a few special ones.
But these deserve special recognition as the most „flavor promise to fulfillment ratio worthy ones“! Just awsome.

Thank you so much!
FlyingCow likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 2:59 pm

Programs: BA Silver, UA, DL Gold, HH Gold
Thank you Redhead for all this chocolate I'm not sure my doctor will be as happy, so I'll just eat it as fast as I can

Seriously, though, thank you very much.

Secret Santa gift from Redhead.
FlyingCow likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 3:25 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt. Marriott. AA. National. Avis.
Wine and chocolate, ya'll! Is there anything better? Always love reading about different regions and styles. Thanks, Santa!

FlyingCow likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 3:31 pm

Programs: British Airways, Lufthansa, American Airlines, United Airlines, Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I received a nice package today from an anonymous santa. Was a framed 3d paper picture of 42nd street with marquees from various broadway shows and the frame has flashing lights similar to a broadway marquee. I have a couple signed framed playbills on my one wall and this will go great on the wall with them.

MICP3208 sent me a package a couple weeks ago with some wrapped gifts that I was going to wait to open but decided not to put up a tree this year with so much going on and since this is the last night I have nothing going on until Christmas opened my wrapped gifts. There were a few items with Delta logo on them that I didn't even know they made (Coffee cup, baseball cap and a really nice pair of slipper style socks), an amazon gift card book mark, a cute cat calendar and a toy for my kitty's that they love.
Hi jamesteroh,

that was my package. I am glad you liked the framed 3D picture!
Old Dec 6, 2018, 8:14 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Thank you Santa @gsegall!

My gift included lots of survival/multi-purpose tools that brought much nerdy excitement to my inner doomsday prepper.

As a bonus, I've also spent the last hour annoying my husband with the strobe flashlight and whistle while he eats the candy that came in the package.

Old Dec 6, 2018, 8:55 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, AA Platinum (but I also just pay for upgrades if I want them)
Got my 3rd present from a very SECRET santa who didnt leave their name but thank you!
Running shorts and UCLA shirt from Under Armour - love it!
Old Dec 6, 2018, 11:02 pm

Programs: AA; Delta GM
-raises hand-

I am so sorry to be asking, but I can't find the post with the right information for my question.

We're supposed to PM Wharvey with the list of items we've received/sent to our Secret Santas, yes? Or am I misremembering this from last year? Anyway, if so, is there a specific format to send this to Wharvey? I feel like I'm missing something that I just read...but I can't find it if I did.

Thank you in advance.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 2:55 am

Programs: BA Silver, UA, DL Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by aquamarinesteph
-raises hand-

I am so sorry to be asking, but I can't find the post with the right information for my question.

We're supposed to PM Wharvey with the list of items we've received/sent to our Secret Santas, yes? Or am I misremembering this from last year? Anyway, if so, is there a specific format to send this to Wharvey? I feel like I'm missing something that I just read...but I can't find it if I did.

Thank you in advance.
Yes, that’s still one of the rules. I’m not aware of any specific format, so I just send him a message with all the info he needs, i.e. sender, receiver, and detailed contents. I just try to keep it short because I’m sure he gets lots of messages.
aquamarinesteph likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 6:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by aquamarinesteph
-raises hand-

Thank you in advance.
Yes, but there is not a specific format.
Originally Posted by MrDplus

Yes, that’s still one of the rules. I’m not aware of any specific format, so I just send him a message with all the info he needs, i.e. sender, receiver, and detailed contents. I just try to keep it short because I’m sure he gets lots of messages.
I usually send him something similar to what I post here.
aquamarinesteph likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 6:51 am
Suspended

Talking When the Golf course opens up in Spring

And yet another pleasant surprise was in the Mail. A parcel from Amazon just arrived.
A dozen of Callaway Chrome Soft Truvis 2018 Limited Edition.
Nice!
TSMNC, Thank you very much!

kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 8:07 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
Got a very cool green Kava shoulder sling and a Jane Goodall book for my daughter. FT is wonky today and keeps giving me errors. Will try to post pictures later

I love the color on the bag! No one will mistake it for their plain black bag

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.