Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Secret Santa 2018 Official Thread!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2018, 4:19 pm

Programs: AA, Marriott/SPG, AMEX
Originally Posted by dhammer53
HeadElf53 reminds everyone to send their packages sooner, rather than later. The Elves don't appreciate when santa gets perturbed.

Hope you're ok santa wharvey.

FYI, since the workshop is up to date , we're taking a few days off starting this Saturday - Thursday 12/9 - 12/13. If you need assistance with your Santee, now is the time to ask.

Thanks.
HeadElf53
Are you off Saturday the 8th or Sunday the 9th? And if you are in the South be safe, looks like we have a potentially slippery weekend in the forecast.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 7:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold-GGL
The final component of my gift is still in the US! I'm trying to hold my nerve and wait for it to arrive. I didn't realise that California was so huge it takes four days to cross it

Fortunately, my beneficiary is in the UK and postage here can be quite reliable. Worst case, I'll drive the parcel to their house (I hope that isn't creepy...)
FlyingCow, mdbe and kauppias like this.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:28 am

Programs: Whatever you have, I have too.
Visited my local branch of the USPS and mailed my gifts to my Santee yesterday. And, just sent a message to Wharvey with all the details, so I guess my work is done here. I had a good time selecting what I was going to send and will definitely participate again next year. Wishing everyone a wonderful and fun filled holiday season!
FlyingCow, mdbe and kauppias like this.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by b00mer89
send it as a liquid yeast sample... thats what ive done for beer and wine in the US for years. UPS clerk i work with gets a giggle, but never had one returned or failure to deliver. just pack it real good so there no chance of breaking or leaking.
We used to help out at a brewery, and that's how they sent beer to others.
FlyingCow likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 12:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K, TK E+, AS MVPG, SPG&Marriott Plat, HHD, Hertz PC
Thank you Santa #3 for the bourbon cherries and the bitters. I cracked open the cherries last night and they're indeed delicious with some Buffalo Trace...
MissChele likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 1:25 pm

<3 my acrylic sign
I have received the best present today. Thanks to shutterbugguy !

I hope that I have successfully attached a photo of my favourite part - it is an acrylic light up picture of my two beagles, I also will make good use of the magnet and key ring that you sent, so thank you
Redhead likes this.

Last edited by dp1586; Dec 4, 2018 at 1:27 pm Reason: adding photo (layer 8 problem)
Old Dec 4, 2018, 4:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Gold
Look out for another package from the Bluegrass State!
Old Dec 4, 2018, 5:59 pm

Dp1586 I love the acrylic sign! What an amazing gift!
Old Dec 4, 2018, 7:35 pm

Received a package with a new disc, sticker, carry-on liquids bag and tea! Thank you!

Old Dec 5, 2018, 12:45 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
On Monday, I received a package from MissChele. Inside was an aviation themed cocktail shaker! Thank you so much! I can finally stop stirring my drinks that should be shaken!

Yesterday, (Tuesday) I received a rather large package from Amazon. Inside was a Keurig coffee maker! I've always wanted one of these! Thank you so much, Santa!
Old Dec 5, 2018, 3:12 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
URGENT SANTA REQUEST: HELP!

Just got back to checking messages after my knee surgery... I have someone who received an assignment outside the USA that they cannot do.... is there someone who has not bought a gift yet for a USA assignment that would be willing to trade for a non-USA person? SO very sorry for the late request.

Another option would be if there was a USA participant that would like to participate one more time... that could work as well.... you could get an additional gift as well as help out Santa.

Please message immediately if you can help!

Last edited by wharvey; Dec 5, 2018 at 3:21 am
Old Dec 5, 2018, 4:50 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Got a cool email today from my secret santa that a gift is on its way👍the email sounded farmiliar and sure enough looks like I have a repeat santa from last year

Now for the wait 😁 its half the fun
FlyingCow likes this.

Last edited by kauppias; Dec 5, 2018 at 7:21 am
Old Dec 5, 2018, 10:03 am

Programs: FB Platinum
Smile

So all of the shopping and most of the shipping is done. Funnily enough, I received the final gift for one of my Santees almost right after having sent the rest. Top Santa *wharvey* has already been informed.

I also received my first two presents! Yesterday I picked up a package from Boturham from the Netherlands containing an amazing assortment of goodies. There’s Argentine biscuits - impossible to find in this corner of the world -, yerba mate, stroopwafels, a chocolate letter - my initial! -, chocolate covered kruidnoten, a box from Lush and a wrapped box. I’m leaving these two untouched until closer to Xmas. The kruidnoten, on the other hand, have suffered severe casualties after a night of Netflix and couch

Today I picked up a package from Switzerland containing another lovely Lush box. I’m getting treated!

Thanks a lot to both of my Santas!!!

Boturham likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 1:00 pm
Original Poster

I want to thank the two people who stepped forward to help Head Santa out.... it is so greatly appreciated.

Now, back to your shopping.

Originally Posted by wharvey
URGENT SANTA REQUEST: HELP!

Just got back to checking messages after my knee surgery... I have someone who received an assignment outside the USA that they cannot do.... is there someone who has not bought a gift yet for a USA assignment that would be willing to trade for a non-USA person? SO very sorry for the late request.

Another option would be if there was a USA participant that would like to participate one more time... that could work as well.... you could get an additional gift as well as help out Santa.

Please message immediately if you can help!
FlyingCow likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

On a personal note, Head Santa wants to thank those who have reached out as in years past to do something for me.

This is a labor of love... so nothing is expected.... but truly appreciated. I still have such fond memories of the first time this happened back in 2004 or 2005 when Nancy collected funds for a $700 gift card that got me the 27" computer monitor I still use to this day. It was a tremendous gesture and I still think of Flyertalk every time I see that monitor.

I am not one to post the information publicly... even though it could probably be found through an extensive Google search.... but I have provided my private contact information and some things about me to HeadElf53. If any of you want that information and want to keep "secret", feel free to Private Message HE53 and he will forward the information to you.

Every year I think this will be the last year.... but I cannot quit this tradition... I just hope people have as much fun participating as I do coordinating over the years. While I do not participate personally anymore due to the costs I incur making up for delinquent Santas after the fact, I still live through your posts.

Back to your shopping.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.