Wiki Posts
Search

Secret Santa 2018 Official Thread!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2018, 5:57 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jsds
I've been a terrible gift recipient; I'm just getting to posting the pictures

Another psychic FTSanta! This hat is great and it fits like a hat should. Thank you Santa!

-jsds (ho ho ho)
Have a great time on your safari.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 6:37 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Got a box of goodies from southern Ontario & a couple travel gadgets from Santa today, will try & post pics later when on better technology. Thanks Santa!
Old Nov 30, 2018, 7:44 am

Got something from Amazon about 2 weeks ago. Also sent my two presents out. Should have technically arrived, I think. No picture, I won't open it until Christmas!
CDTraveler likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 3:18 pm

Got my assignment for my person today, and start shopping! I am in Sonoma County, wine country, and trying to figure out if I can send a bottle of wine to Canada. Everything I’ve looked up and said it would be about $60 to send, does that sound accurate? I may have to rethink the bottle of some, so sad.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Dara Krahne Peloquin
Got my assignment for my person today, and start shopping! I am in Sonoma County, wine country, and trying to figure out if I can send a bottle of wine to Canada. Everything I’ve looked up and said it would be about $60 to send, does that sound accurate? I may have to rethink the bottle of some, so sad.
Go to one of the wineries and see what they pay. Probably will be the least expensive route.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 4:55 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
Thank you Atomic Lush. Clue and Hungry Hungry Hippos arrived today. Family game night it is!
TravelLawyer and FlyingCow like this.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 1:36 pm

Programs: Marriott/SPG Plat (won't last), Hilton Gold
I pulled out of my garage today and there was an unassuming box that has been quietly delivered sometime recently. I wasn't expecting anything, but I also didn't think it was a gift from my Santa because it
had a local return address on it. Lo and behold, my Santa lives close to me (!), and got me an amazing gift just in time for Hanukkah - a trio of Spanish wines (in preparation for a trip to Spain I will be taking in a couple of months), a gift card to a wonderful local wine and cheese shop, and an adorable and so appropriate card! @gpy - Thank you - thank you - thank you! This was a super fun gift - can't wait to try the wine and use the GC. You're the first FTer I've known in my local area - we should meet at Tusk & Cup for some coffee!!

Redhead, tcl, FlyingCow and 1 others like this.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 10:31 pm
gpy

Originally Posted by onetess
I pulled out of my garage today and there was an unassuming box that has been quietly delivered sometime recently. I wasn't expecting anything, but I also didn't think it was a gift from my Santa because it
had a local return address on it. Lo and behold, my Santa lives close to me (!), and got me an amazing gift just in time for Hanukkah - a trio of Spanish wines (in preparation for a trip to Spain I will be taking in a couple of months), a gift card to a wonderful local wine and cheese shop, and an adorable and so appropriate card! @gpy - Thank you - thank you - thank you! This was a super fun gift - can't wait to try the wine and use the GC. You're the first FTer I've known in my local area - we should meet at Tusk & Cup for some coffee!!

So glad you liked it! I was surprised to see we are so close - would love to meet up at Tusk & Cup! Happy Hanukkah
Old Dec 2, 2018, 2:58 pm

Programs: Priority Club (Platinum)
So I come back home to find a package on my doorstep. ?? Wonder what that is... haven't ordered anything that should be coming today. Lo and behold - my secret Santa has delivered! What a wonderful treat on a chilly, rainy day.

It is a neat gift - an Asian snack box, full of all sorts of unique Asian treats. I travel a lot, I don't recognize any of them but then again, the writing is in Korean and Japanese. Also were some deep fried peanuts - you eat them shells and all - very unique, never heard of them but a nice taste. My kids wouldn't try them, but me and wife with thought they weren't bad.

As the sender was anonymous, here's a big Thanks to you!

b00mer89 likes this.

Last edited by iaflyer; Dec 2, 2018 at 3:07 pm
Old Dec 2, 2018, 3:30 pm

Programs: Lifetime Silver Marriott Bonvoy
bergamini quipped:
Have a great time on your safari.
I still haven't decided to go on it or not - tough decisions to make!

http://www.wwbeest.com/Wild_Wildebeest_Lodge/Home.html

Last edited by jsds; Dec 2, 2018 at 3:39 pm
Old Dec 2, 2018, 8:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K, TK E+, AS MVPG, SPG&Marriott Plat, HHD, Hertz PC
Thank you PandaSoPink. I've been meaning to try the "holiday" limited edition Froot Loops, and will do tomorrow for breakfast I also am flying SW this week for the second time this year :sigh:, so will try to use the cocktail kit as well...
Old Dec 3, 2018, 2:21 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Nothing new yet, but I got into the Xmas spirit secretly this morning as I drank my morning coffee from last years secret santa gift mug still in daily use
Tpa-flyer likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 11:47 am

Programs: UA, DL, HH Silver, IHG plat

send it as a liquid yeast sample... thats what ive done for beer and wine in the US for years. UPS clerk i work with gets a giggle, but never had one returned or failure to deliver. just pack it real good so there no chance of breaking or leaking.
FlyingCow likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Check this out...
U.S. to Canada Wine Shipping FAQs, Where You Can Ship
Old Dec 3, 2018, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
HeadElf53 reminds everyone to send their packages sooner, rather than later. The Elves don't appreciate when santa gets perturbed.

Hope you're ok santa wharvey.

FYI, since the workshop is up to date , we're taking a few days off starting this Saturday - Thursday 12/9 - 12/13. If you need assistance with your Santee, now is the time to ask.

Thanks.
HeadElf53

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.