Secret Santa 2018 Official Thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Secret Santa 2018 Official Thread!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2018, 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by frontenac551
I know that the rules say that you cannot use things you received for free as part of your gift - you have to actually spend at least $50. However, can we include "freebies" as extras (i.e. in addition to whatever gifts we've bought). My giftee specifically mentioned something that I got for free (and that I cannot actually buy), so I'd like to throw it in as extra (it isn't trying to get rid of junk as it really was mentioned).
Once you've met the $50 minimum you're free to go over or include no-cost items in additional to purchased items. I've done that in the past, tucked in small extras that were new, unused promotional items related to my giftee's interests.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 5:26 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Santas, I need to ask for your help.... as requested, you need to tell me specifically what you ship to your person... not just a shipping confirmation number.

Many people have multiple assignments and I want to ensure you get proper credit in my files when your person receives their gift.

DETAILS... DETAILS... DETAILS!
Old Nov 4, 2018, 12:09 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
My first of 3 set of gifts are on their way 😀😁 I hope my santee enjoyes them as as m as I enjoyed picking them out 😀
Old Nov 4, 2018, 9:14 pm

Gah! I haven't been on here in a while - missed the early cutoff. Hope Santa saved some participants for later!!

Oh well, likely for the best as my Santas would have been banned from early shipping due to travel/shipping location restrictions.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 5:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by nomadic.relief
Gah! I haven't been on here in a while - missed the early cutoff. Hope Santa saved some participants for later!!

Oh well, likely for the best as my Santas would have been banned from early shipping due to travel/shipping location restrictions.
I'm sure Santa will have others who want to participate!
nomadic.relief likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 9:43 am

Programs: AA ExPlat | UA Gld | DL Gld
Originally Posted by CDTraveler
Got the right number of Santees, but not the right info! These folks took the "secret" in Secret Santa too seriously, giving me barely anything to work with. How soon is the Head Elf on duty, 'cause I'm gonna need more info on these two shy Santees.

Folks, please reveal more than your preferred airline and hotels! It's really hard to gift wrap a Marriott.
Haha in the same boat. Got a super long list of just airlines and hotels.......
Good my sleuthing FBI skills are far advanced.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 12:09 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
3 of 5 gifts sent. Other gifts bought but I'm not able to send until I'm back from a trip next week
Old Nov 6, 2018, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by hipquest
I received another gift from my Santa and it means the most.

What Chef Andreas' and World Central Kitchen did for my state, NC, after Hurricane Florence was beautiful, generous and amazing! I can't wait to try out some recipes. Thank you Santa! I would love to know who you are...
I'll out myself. Yes, I'm a big fan of Chef Andres. His good works are much admired. NC, my state too, is forever grateful to him, as I'm sure Puerto Rico is too
Old Nov 6, 2018, 12:12 pm

I received some early Christmas cheer! I'm not sure who my SS is but they are on top of things! Great scarf, cookbook and some chocolates. Thank you so much Secret Santa!

hipquest's Secret Santa 2018 gifts
This was me too
Old Nov 6, 2018, 12:42 pm

Programs: AA, Marriott/SPG, AMEX
@Redhead Thank you for "outing" yourself! May I ask? What part of the state are you in?

Great signature, I just got back from voting- blue, red and yellow (I vote for candidates not along party lines). Great turn out in my little town, I hope it's that way across the state and country!
Old Nov 6, 2018, 1:11 pm

@Redhead Thank you for "outing" yourself! May I ask? What part of the state are you in?

Great signature, I just got back from voting- blue, red and yellow (I vote for candidates not along party lines). Great turn out in my little town, I hope it's that way across the state and country!
I'm in Cary. I voted early - 100% blue since the GOP stranglehold on the General Assembly disgusts me. The 6 amendments are a blatant power grab. But thanks for doing your civic duty!
Old Nov 7, 2018, 2:21 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Got a FedEx notice!

Just got a message from FedEx that Erik in Seattle sent me something. I can't wait!
Old Nov 7, 2018, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by bergamini
Just got a message from FedEx that Erik in Seattle sent me something. I can't wait!
You too? I was going to post wondering if it's a Secret Santa gift or some sort of product test or order I placed. I guess I know it's a Secret Santa gift now.

Of course, it is scheduled to arrive the day I leave on a trip for work, and Mr. Kipper will be home before I will be. Well played, Santa, well played. Now Mr. Kipper can grab the package and hide it!
bergamini likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 3:20 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by kipper
You too? I was going to post wondering if it's a Secret Santa gift or some sort of product test or order I placed. I guess I know it's a Secret Santa gift now.

Of course, it is scheduled to arrive the day I leave on a trip for work, and Mr. Kipper will be home before I will be. Well played, Santa, well played. Now Mr. Kipper can grab the package and hide it!
Nice! I'm just worried that I'm so far behind I haven't even started shopping. My giftee doesn't have a lot in common with me so it's going to be a challenge.
zeer0 likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by bergamini
Nice! I'm just worried that I'm so far behind I haven't even started shopping. My giftee doesn't have a lot in common with me so it's going to be a challenge.
I haven't started shopping either, but mine did give me some hints. You can always ask wharvey and others to do some snooping for you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.