Secret Santa 2018 Official Thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Secret Santa 2018 Official Thread!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2018, 7:17 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
First gift shipped and arriving tomorrow! Second gift ordered, should arrive at my house in a week and then ready to mail to giftee. Gifts 3-5 are under consideration. I love this time of year!
onetess and PandaSoPink like this.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 11:49 am

Gifts just ordered, slated to arrive 11/9. Hope my giftee likes them since he didn't give me much to work with. They're fun at least, that's for sure
Redhead likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 1:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Glad to see I am not the only one who received the assignment yesterday and began shopping today! I am traveling for much of December, so I hope to have my gift mailed by next week!
Redhead likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 1:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Fair warning for any newbies who might have me... If you don't want me to open it as soon as it arrives, send it to the alternate address I provided. Otherwise, if it arrives in November, it's Christmas in November!
Redhead and tcl like this.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by kipper
Fair warning for any newbies who might have me... If you don't want me to open it as soon as it arrives, send it to the alternate address I provided. Otherwise, if it arrives in November, it's Christmas in November!
first to sign up, first to open her gifts.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 6:31 am
gpy

As soon as I got my Santa assignment I was super excited. I'm pretty sure my giftee and I would get along splendidly! I emailed my sommelier right away and am working on something tasty.

I also realized I was not as specific as I could have been. I'm in my 30s, married with no kids, and I'm notoriously hard to shop for because I don't often buy "stuff" for myself as I am trying to lead a more minimalist life and only buy things I really love. That said, thanks to Park Hyatt, I now love Aesop and Le Labo products! Also, my husband and I recently bought a house we are slowly furnishing so I am on the hunt for a snuggly throw for our new blue linen sectional arriving in December (our Christmas present to ourselves!). I don't travel for work, but do take two trips per year and absolutely love planning them. Next up are Banff and Hokkaido!
Old Nov 2, 2018, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by CDTraveler
first to sign up, first to open her gifts.
Of course!
Originally Posted by gpy
As soon as I got my Santa assignment I was super excited. I'm pretty sure my giftee and I would get along splendidly! I emailed my sommelier right away and am working on something tasty.

I also realized I was not as specific as I could have been. I'm in my 30s, married with no kids, and I'm notoriously hard to shop for because I don't often buy "stuff" for myself as I am trying to lead a more minimalist life and only buy things I really love. That said, thanks to Park Hyatt, I now love Aesop and Le Labo products! Also, my husband and I recently bought a house we are slowly furnishing so I am on the hunt for a snuggly throw for our new blue linen sectional arriving in December (our Christmas present to ourselves!). I don't travel for work, but do take two trips per year and absolutely love planning them. Next up are Banff and Hokkaido!
LOL, I have reached out to my giftees afterwards and am friends with some of them.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 10:50 am

Programs: Delta Plat
I ordered gifts for my two giftees and I just realized I didn't put any note or anything. Welp, I just hope they enjoy what I got them. They arrive on Friday and Saturday.

One of my giftees was very specific on what they would like, so I actually got them something that commemorates what they enjoy doing and I hope they like it. The other I just hope their hummingbirds like it.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 2:13 pm

Programs: AA, Marriott/SPG, AMEX
I received some early Christmas cheer! I'm not sure who my SS is but they are on top of things! Great scarf, cookbook and some chocolates. Thank you so much Secret Santa!

hipquest's Secret Santa 2018 gifts
HWGeeks and FlyingCow like this.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 11:58 am

Programs: Whatever you have, I have too.
Such a fun experience when my Secret Santa creates Christmas in October! Much to my surprise SS's sleigh delivered fabulous gifts for me practically overnight after Wharvey assigned me to her. Many thanks, onetess, for my very much appreciated gifts!! These included a marvelous jewelry travel case as well as two items featuring a nod to all things Hawaiian - lovely Hawaiian motif flower earrings and a Hawaiian Plumeria Mist Cologne, which I love and am wearing as I comment. Happiest of holidays to my Secret Santa, onetess!
onetess and FlyingCow like this.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 1:07 pm

I received another gift from my Santa and it means the most.

What Chef Andreas' and World Central Kitchen did for my state, NC, after Hurricane Florence was beautiful, generous and amazing! I can't wait to try out some recipes. Thank you Santa! I would love to know who you are...
Tpa-flyer and FlyingCow like this.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 1:31 pm

I know that the rules say that you cannot use things you received for free as part of your gift - you have to actually spend at least $50. However, can we include "freebies" as extras (i.e. in addition to whatever gifts we've bought). My giftee specifically mentioned something that I got for free (and that I cannot actually buy), so I'd like to throw it in as extra (it isn't trying to get rid of junk as it really was mentioned).
Old Nov 3, 2018, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by frontenac551
I know that the rules say that you cannot use things you received for free as part of your gift - you have to actually spend at least $50. However, can we include "freebies" as extras (i.e. in addition to whatever gifts we've bought). My giftee specifically mentioned something that I got for free (and that I cannot actually buy), so I'd like to throw it in as extra (it isn't trying to get rid of junk as it really was mentioned).
Ever been to New Orleans? Lagniappe is always appreciated! Being a newbie I can't speak to the rules, of course.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by frontenac551
I believe freebies can be included as extras.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I'm only here for the photo sharing. I love seeing the creativity of FTers when crafting and sending gifts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.