Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Secret Santa 2018 Official Thread!

Secret Santa 2018 Official Thread!

Old Oct 19, 2018, 9:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Redhead
You give us good lists
I try.
tcl likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 9:29 am
tcl

Location: In a hotel somewhere trying to repack everything I brought (and bought) in to a carry-on smaller than my last one.
Programs: UA, Asia Miles, Southwest, IHG
Originally Posted by kipper
I'm not sure if it says something about the Santas or my family that sometimes, the Santas do a better job of finding things for me.
Same here. My family is astounded that my Santas are able to find things that I like. However in my case it's because my family tends to gift me what they want to gift/think I need rather than what I would like.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 4:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K, TK E+, AS MVPG, SPG&Marriott Plat, HHD, Hertz PC
Just checking as I haven’t gotten a confirmation nor am I on the list. Wharvey, have you updated the list since 10/10?
Old Oct 21, 2018, 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by mdbe
Just checking as I haven’t gotten a confirmation nor am I on the list. Wharvey, have you updated the list since 10/10?
It shows he hasn't updated it since 10/9.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 7:01 pm

Programs: UA, DL, HH Silver, IHG plat
sent mine in, excited to do this a second year. Last year was a ton of fun, especially figuring out paperwork for international shipping. to the 3 people i end up with, im looking forward to spreading some holiday cheer
Old Oct 22, 2018, 8:08 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
HHHHmmm….. I wonder what the updated note would say... it might actually answer the question.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 8:22 am
Original Poster

Hello everyone,

So sorry for the lack of an update.... Santa himself has been very busy... plus I finally had to put my large computer monitor to sleep permanently. For those of you who have participated for years probably helped me get this gift. One of the Santa coordinated a collection to get me an amazing gift card for Best Buy 12 or 13 years ago because she knew I wanted a 27" external monitor. Many of you chipped in to get that $600 gift card to make it a reality as thanks for this annual event. Thanks again.... it treated me well for all these years. I no longer actually participate in the gift exchange personally as I usually have to buy for people who get shorted so I do not do anything else. That made the gift even more special.

Now, I am starting to finalize some assignments. If any of you see someone that signed up that you would like to buy for, let me know ASAP.

Also, for anyone signing up... please follow the rules.... I currently have 14 people who did not follow the specific instructions so they are not on the list and have not responded back to me. If you are not on the list, then you have not submitted the proper message to me!

You should ensure you have message notification activated so you know when I send you something.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by wharvey
HHHHmmm….. I wonder what the updated note would say... it might actually answer the question.

Hello everyone,

So sorry for the lack of an update.... Santa himself has been very busy... plus I finally had to put my large computer monitor to sleep permanently. For those of you who have participated for years probably helped me get this gift. One of the Santa coordinated a collection to get me an amazing gift card for Best Buy 12 or 13 years ago because she knew I wanted a 27" external monitor. Many of you chipped in to get that $600 gift card to make it a reality as thanks for this annual event. Thanks again.... it treated me well for all these years. I no longer actually participate in the gift exchange personally as I usually have to buy for people who get shorted so I do not do anything else. That made the gift even more special.

Now, I am starting to finalize some assignments. If any of you see someone that signed up that you would like to buy for, let me know ASAP.

Also, for anyone signing up... please follow the rules.... I currently have 14 people who did not follow the specific instructions so they are not on the list and have not responded back to me. If you are not on the list, then you have not submitted the proper message to me!

You should ensure you have message notification activated so you know when I send you something.
Sorry to hear about your monitor.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 8:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kipper

Sorry to hear about your monitor.
Thank you Kipper. It lived a long life... so I guess I should not be too sad.

I wonder if it knew I just got cataract eye surgery last month so it decided it was no longer needed? It missed some information... my surgery only helped distance... not close up needs!
Old Oct 22, 2018, 10:34 am

I wonder if it knew I just got cataract eye surgery last month so it decided it was no longer needed? It missed some information... my surgery only helped distance... not close up needs!
My MIL is scheduled for cataract surgery early next year. Hope yours was a success!
Old Oct 22, 2018, 9:25 pm

Finalizing already?!

I thought we had another week or two to register. I have frantically pulled together a wishlist and sent in my registration.

BTW for those with Amazon wish lists: you can get a tiny url from Amazon now that is meant to be sent to someone searching for your wish list. The button for it is on the upper right corner at the top of your list page.

p.s Wharvey, hope your surgery is a success!
Old Oct 23, 2018, 6:16 am
Original Poster

I usually do two rounds of pairing if I get enough early entries.... it helps out some people who might be traveling and want to cut down on shipping costs.

Originally Posted by CDTraveler
Finalizing already?!

I thought we had another week or two to register. I have frantically pulled together a wishlist and sent in my registration.

BTW for those with Amazon wish lists: you can get a tiny url from Amazon now that is meant to be sent to someone searching for your wish list. The button for it is on the upper right corner at the top of your list page.

p.s Wharvey, hope your surgery is a success!
Old Oct 26, 2018, 1:37 am

Programs: AA; Delta GM

I hope your surgery is more successful than mine was, although I am always the poster child of Murphy's Law. I can't see anything far or really near without glasses - two separate pairs - but I can see my computer okay. Go figure.

If you're needing a specific size monitor, somebody might have something appropriate for the cost of shipping. I know I have all kinds of spare gear.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 1:21 pm

Programs: Whatever you have, I have too.
Such fun to know fairly soon we'll have our giftees assigned! This will be my third year participating and am already looking forward to seeing what arrives from my Secret Santa as well as reading the wish list from the person I will be buying for.
weather likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 2:49 am

I'm doing this for the first year and excited. Though, given all this talk of super-amazing gifts, rather worried that I'll be a disappointing to my giftee - seems that the bar is set high!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.