Reload this Page >

Secret Santa 2018 Official Thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Secret Santa 2018 Official Thread!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2018, 10:40 am

Programs: Former AA EXP, DL PM, BAEC Bronze, SPG GOLD, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Thank you Santa for the following. Although I might have combined these as one and there were from two Santa's - wardrobe updates just in time for the post-season 2018. Not sure which book to begin first.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 1:09 pm

Programs: hilton, amtrak, united, marriott, hyatt
Secret Santa -- Thanks so much.for your kindness.

I returned to my office today between trips, and found the bounty from my Secret Santa on my chair (happily a bigger pile than the work needing my attention!)
Coffee to keep me focused, a coloring book for diversion, Mickey Mouse cookie cutters to feed my inner child, and wonderfully scented lavender soap to calm the senses (my favorite gift this year!)

Photo to be uploaded when the FT server plays nice..

Thanks to my Secret Santa and to all, for sharing the camaraderie and joy! Happy 2019!
Old Jan 1, 2019, 2:15 pm

Programs: Air Canada - Aeroplan Black, AC - E50K, NEXUS/GE
Well Canada Post finally came through and I have received the rest of my secret santa gifts yesterday.

From nomadic.relief, I received a cool board game (which I don’t own! A rare occurrence), Chris Hadfield’s book, and a very appropriate xmas card!

From my other FT secret santa, who only provided their real name and not a FT handle, I got a set of beaker-esque drink glasses, a cool book on Tennesee’s most famous moonshiner, and also the card game Exploding Kittens! Great find on the chemistry glasses!

Old Jan 1, 2019, 9:15 pm

Belated thanks to "Canadian SS"

It's not Christmas without some family emergency, and this year's was a doozy. Sorry for being so tardy in posting photos and thanks to my 2 Santas.

My secret Canadian SS stayed secret, so I can't thank him/her by name. I got a box full of wrapped items to work my way through, and had great fun figuring out what the snap earrings were - the tag with the explanation had slipped to the bottom of the box. But I am proud to say I worked them out all by myself.

A very interesting assortment! The snap earrings are really fun.

The brown knit items do have me puzzled. I am reminded that Canada and the U.S. have different cultures . What are they, Santa?

I'm also not sure what this is, but the cat keeps trying to steal it! It's lovely and soft. Was it meant for him?

Last edited by CDTraveler; Jan 1, 2019 at 11:54 pm
Old Jan 1, 2019, 9:24 pm

Thanks, Samosa!

Sorry about the tardiness of my thanks to you, Samosa, but the year's worth of caffeine you sent has been very helpful lately!

A WHOLE POUND of tea! Truly, Samosa is someone who understands the importance of starting the day properly fueled.

And See's Candy - with great person restraint I managed to wait until today to open the box. The problem with See's is once you open the box, the darn stuff evaporates so fast.

A "Mayan Chocolate" bar - chocolate, almonds and CINNAMON in the same bar. Life doesn't get any better.

And a lovely scarf to round out the gift. Many thanks, Santa!
Old Jan 1, 2019, 10:19 pm

Programs: Delta GM
Originally Posted by token385
Thank you to JoelThomas a fellow Michigander
The coffee came at the perfect time as the machine was nearly empty. Great brew has come from these. The banner was a nice surprise. PS: also a fan of the Pack :-)

Hopefully you have a good spot to display it! I know another pack fan who is also a fan of the seahawks. But after the nfc championship game (you know the one!), I just have this awful feeling for them :-)
Old Jan 2, 2019, 8:32 am

Programs: UA, DL, HH Silver, IHG plat
@gsegall Thank you so much for the Dunkin Donuts gift card and the headphones (i'll get a picture up tonight) I was out of town for the holidays and my neighbor grabbed the box for me. I got it from him late last night when he got home and opened it but didn't think to take a picture of it...

Looking forward to trying them out on my next trip (probably to South America unless work sends me someplace sooner).
Old Jan 2, 2019, 8:33 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Santa update.

I am am trying to update records.. but many of you are not cooperating!

As in years past, I will probably need a few helpers to join me in making up for bad Santa’s.

Please message me privately if you would be willing to help over the next few weeks. Also, let me know if you would be willing to ship internationally.
TokyoFoodie likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 10:42 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Thanks Santa!

A big belated thanks to my Secret Santa for the awesome scale die-cast of a Boeing C-17 Globemaster III! It came at the same time as a batch of stuff from my sister for my kids, so it got lumped in with their presents, when we opened them last night when we got home from vacation I had to bargain with my 3 year old to get it back!

What makes this gift even more special is that one of my mentors when I first started working out of college actually flew one of these in the Canadian Air Force before he went into engineering, so it's got a unique connection for me. Amazing how the universe works sometimes!

Thanks again!!

Jeff

Old Jan 2, 2019, 10:48 am

Programs: Marriott LT Platinum; United 1MM, 1K
Finally made it home and found a secret santa gift!

Hit the nail on the head with this one:

Thanks Santa!
Redhead and TokyoFoodie like this.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 11:52 am

Programs: AC Aeroplan,Delta Skymiles, Avion
Originally Posted by CDTraveler
It's not Christmas without some family emergency, and this year's was a doozy. Sorry for being so tardy in posting photos and thanks to my 2 Santas.

My secret Canadian SS stayed secret, so I can't thank him/her by name. I got a box full of wrapped items to work my way through, and had great fun figuring out what the snap earrings were - the tag with the explanation had slipped to the bottom of the box. But I am proud to say I worked them out all by myself.

A very interesting assortment! The snap earrings are really fun.

The brown knit items do have me puzzled. I am reminded that Canada and the U.S. have different cultures . What are they, Santa?

I'm also not sure what this is, but the cat keeps trying to steal it! It's lovely and soft. Was it meant for him?
Lol! It's called a "snood" and it's very similar to an infinity scarf. You can also wear it pulled up over your head.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 11:55 am

Programs: AC Aeroplan,Delta Skymiles, Avion
"The brown knit items do have me puzzled. I am reminded that Canada and the U.S. have different cultures . What are they, Santa?"
They are boot cuffs or boot toppers that you wear over the tops of your boots. They keep the cold air from going down your boots.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by weather
"The brown knit items do have me puzzled. I am reminded that Canada and the U.S. have different cultures . What are they, Santa?"
They are boot cuffs or boot toppers that you wear over the tops of your boots. They keep the cold air from going down your boots.
Our weather is about 20ºF warmer than it should be, getting a lot of rain, but no snow. Haven't pulled the boots out of the closet yet, but will keep the boot toppers in mind for when I do!
Old Jan 3, 2019, 3:51 am

Programs: Southwest, Delta, Hyatt & IHG
Good Morning William,
I have sent you a PM regarding your Secret Santa request.

Thank you,
Sandra
(sandratravels)
Old Jan 6, 2019, 1:10 am

Programs: LH
Upon returning for the Xmas vacation, a Secret Santa gift was waiting for me in the form of a stuffed animal. Thank you Secret Santa!
FlyingCow and AStarr like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.