Reload this Page >

Secret Santa 2018 Official Thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Secret Santa 2018 Official Thread!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2018, 3:36 pm

Gifts mailed with delivery promised before Christmas. Santa DM'ed with the details. I'm good for another year!

Have received one very tempting, bulging box from "Snapdora". Am saving it to open on the 25th.

Merry Christmas to all!
Old Dec 14, 2018, 3:45 pm

Will the generous Santa who sends the bonsai trees please post further care instructions?

I received one last year, and it's still alive!

It spent the summer outside as instructed, and now it's back in the living room, keeping my orchid company. (If we can't find time to get the Christmas tree up, maybe I'll just add a few lights to it.) The tree has grown quite a bit, although it lost a fair amount of soil due to pounding rains over the summer. Now there's a number of soft, green shoots going off in various directions.

How the heck do I prune a bonsai tree? Just clip it back to the size it was when it arrived? If the soil gets depleted, should I do anything about it?

There are a number of FT's now with these small works of living art, and care instructions from an expert are needed to keep them alive and looking good!
b00mer89 likes this.

Last edited by CDTraveler; Dec 15, 2018 at 2:23 am
Old Dec 14, 2018, 10:27 pm

Programs: AA; Delta GM
Originally Posted by steveman518
bergamini and kipper guessed right that they had the same Santa! I always ship early, but this year I did the whole going on vacation during Thanksgiving thing, so I definitely sent everything out early!

I do as much stalking as I can without being too creepy, and you posted on last year's thread commenting on someone else's Lush gift that you enjoyed Lush products and you seemed to enjoy your Aesop gift last year as well (that wasn't me though).

I should have sent you Yuengling instead I'm from Dear Old State, so exactly the middle of nowhere-hope you've been able to imbibe in the gifts and kept some of them away from the husband
Also, we weren't matched up during the regular season for fantasy football, but since we're facing off in the playoffs this week, I'm hoping to gift you a big fat L as well

Hope you've had the change to enjoy the gifts!

Love it all. Thank you so much!!! :-)
Old Dec 15, 2018, 4:49 am

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
Gifts have been sent! Messages are being sent. Thank goodness for online shopping as I've been really ill the past few weeks and dealing with a lot of madness in my personal life.

But! This was like a little light of fun in the darkness. Hopefully mine arrive soon at Le Boyfriend's in Sweden where I'm spending Christmas.

Now to write the stack of Christmas cards that I'm dreadfully late on.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 7:45 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
So glad that you liked them! And yes she is
FlyingCow likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by frontenac551
I caved. Will have to share pictures later but I got some tasty Baklawa, an egg topper (and soft-boiled egg and soldiers is still one of my favourite breakfasts), and some packing cubes (which will come in handy for my trip home for the holidays)
Really hope that you enjoy them !
Old Dec 15, 2018, 8:18 am

Received my first pressie today from DP1586 (hope I've read that correctly) and put them straight under the tree.
My two year old, sensing my angst of course, quietly unwrapped them all and presented them to me at my desk

Thank you so much, am go ogling a Danish dough whisk right now!

Yumm can't wait for barbeque season, aka boxing day!
dp1586 likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 12:36 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, AA Platinum (but I also just pay for upgrades if I want them)
Great gifts from Portland

Thank you to my true SECRET Santa who gave me a great Portland related gift bag!

b00mer89, zeer0 and AStarr like this.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 12:37 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, AA Platinum (but I also just pay for upgrades if I want them)
Thank you Peter!

A great assortment of coffee, tea and running shorts. Thanks to my secret santa Peter!
Old Dec 15, 2018, 1:36 pm

Today a box arrived from Samosa. It has been turned over to the gift guardian and will be opened on the 25th. Thanks in advance!
Old Dec 15, 2018, 3:22 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Just received my second secret Santa box! It doesn’t have a FT name, but looks to be from the Vancouver / Washington area. Thanks so much! Will be opening when we get back from my son’s hockey practice!

Old Dec 15, 2018, 4:00 pm

Programs: UA, DL, HH Silver, IHG plat

THE BEST WARNING LABEL EVER!!!!

Thank you @ckidder331

The goods! Super excited to tear into these over the next few days, thank you again and merry christmas!
ckidder331 and FlyingCow like this.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 5:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Dogmatick
Received my first pressie today from DP1586 (hope I've read that correctly) and put them straight under the tree.
My two year old, sensing my angst of course, quietly unwrapped them all and presented them to me at my desk

Thank you so much, am go ogling a Danish dough whisk right now!

Yumm can't wait for barbeque season, aka boxing day!
LOL, I love that your two-year-old would unwrap all of them for you!
Old Dec 16, 2018, 4:31 am

Originally Posted by Dogmatick
Really hope that you enjoy them !
Packing cubes were super helpful on this trip and the backlawa was very tasty. Thanks a lot!
Old Dec 16, 2018, 9:13 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
secret santa

I sent my gift out Thursday by priority mail. The woman at the post office was kind enough to repack the items into a priority mail box which a chunk of change in mailing. It arrives at its destination Monday. I was a little late in mailing it out, but I was waiting for some ordered items to arrive. I love this Secret Santa program, it's a blast!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.