Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Secret Santa 2018 Official Thread!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2018, 10:31 am

Programs: UA, DL, HH Silver, IHG plat
Originally Posted by Redhead
I got a $25 Princess Awesome (https://princess-awesome.com/) gift card from Matt Blum.

Today I also got an email from them offering a deep sale, so I jumped and bought by daughter a new dress. She is going to be so excited. The pic is from the website to show which dress I ordered.

Thank you Matt

Not gonna lie, as a 29yr old guy, I'm kind of jealous of all the fun patterns that come on dresses.

The rest of it "should" be delivering today, I screwed up one address already and had to have UPS intercept it to make sure it gets to the right place. It shows out for delivery, so lets see if I'm 2/2 in bad addresses...
Redhead likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 11:18 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by b00mer89
Not gonna lie, as a 29yr old guy, I'm kind of jealous of all the fun patterns that come on dresses.

The rest of it "should" be delivering today, I screwed up one address already and had to have UPS intercept it to make sure it gets to the right place. It shows out for delivery, so lets see if I'm 2/2 in bad addresses...
I got a notification that a UPS package should be arriving today.

Also, yesterday a package arrived but my parents had put it where I didn't see it right away - a bonsai tree. It is beautiful! Thanks Santa
Attached Images  
CDTraveler and Boturham like this.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 3:46 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
Originally Posted by Redhead
I got a notification that a UPS package should be arriving today.

Also, yesterday a package arrived but my parents had put it where I didn't see it right away - a bonsai tree. It is beautiful! Thanks Santa
I got one just like that too!!! I think it's an awesome tree!
Old Dec 13, 2018, 6:46 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
Another gift arrived: honey. Awesome chapsticks (the earl grey is divine) and nuts and espresso bean selections plus some yummy teas
FlyingCow likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 10:05 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Its 5 business days until christmas

Just saying 😁

Be safe out there
FlyingCow likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 12:12 am

Programs: FB Platinum
Originally Posted by FlyingCow
I have just picked up my third Secret Santa present and I’m delighted

It came from Dogmatick, and it contained a box of baklava - yummy! -, a bottle of Chivas Regal 18 years, and some Lush goodies (your assistant is amazing, Dogmatick!), together with a lovely letter explaining the thinking behind each item. I love all of the items and I’m fascinated by the air sack thing used to protect them, hehehehehehe...

I’m having trouble uploading a picture, so I’ll post this and then come back and try again.

These are the gifts I got from Dogmatick Thanks a lot!
Old Dec 14, 2018, 12:50 am

bergamini and kipper guessed right that they had the same Santa! I always ship early, but this year I did the whole going on vacation during Thanksgiving thing, so I definitely sent everything out early!

Originally Posted by bergamini
I was going to wait for Christmas but then it arrived today and I needed a pick me up, and boy did I get one. Erik from Seattle did great! IDK how he knew I liked Lush, somehow must have figured out my FB perhaps, but I absolutely love Lush and so this gift set is perfect, especially because I love all the products in it. I also have tried some of the caramels and they are out of this world. Thanks, Santa!

I do as much stalking as I can without being too creepy, and you posted on last year's thread commenting on someone else's Lush gift that you enjoyed Lush products and you seemed to enjoy your Aesop gift last year as well (that wasn't me though).

Originally Posted by kipper
Yay!!!! I managed to open it before I leave! I was greeted by a huge FedEx box, and when I opened it (with Santa's permission), I was greeted by a styrofoam cooler and two wrapped presents, along with a card. I did open the card first, and I'd love to know where in PA my Santa is from initially. The styrofoam cooler leaked a bit, and when I opened it, I discovered why. Inside were several freezer packs, that as they thawed, released a bit of condensation. They were keeping two different beers and a large triangle of cheese cold. When I opened the two wrapped packages, I found two different types of coffee (yummy, and a little disappointed I'll have to wait until next week to enjoy, so I may make some coffee before then), and a beer bottle dog toy, which Schultz has commandeered and is devouring.

Thank you, Santa!!! I love them!

I should have sent you Yuengling instead I'm from Dear Old State, so exactly the middle of nowhere-hope you've been able to imbibe in the gifts and kept some of them away from the husband
Also, we weren't matched up during the regular season for fantasy football, but since we're facing off in the playoffs this week, I'm hoping to gift you a big fat L as well

Originally Posted by aquamarinesteph
Okay, I could not wait any longer. I opened my gifts, and I love everything. Thank you to both of my Secret Santas!!!

Look at the bath goodies and chocolate goodness! :-)

Hope you've had the change to enjoy the gifts!
FlyingCow and aquamarinesteph like this.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 4:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by steveman518
I should have sent you Yuengling instead I'm from Dear Old State, so exactly the middle of nowhere-hope you've been able to imbibe in the gifts and kept some of them away from the husband
Also, we weren't matched up during the regular season for fantasy football, but since we're facing off in the playoffs this week, I'm hoping to gift you a big fat L as well
LOL, I like exactly the middle of nowhere! Mr. Kipper and I met at a little hole in the wall bar in downtown by Dear Old State.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 5:31 am

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
Just sent the second part of my gift to my secret Santa. And whoever has me...I’ll be opening it tonight!

Love be seeing what folks have been getting so far!
Old Dec 14, 2018, 6:55 am

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by steveman518
bergamini and kipper guessed right that they had the same Santa! I always ship early, but this year I did the whole going on vacation during Thanksgiving thing, so I definitely sent everything out early!

I do as much stalking as I can without being too creepy, and you posted on last year's thread commenting on someone else's Lush gift that you enjoyed Lush products and you seemed to enjoy your Aesop gift last year as well (that wasn't me though).
Clever! And well done. Thanks!
Old Dec 14, 2018, 7:04 am

I'm shopping today and most items will be shipping directly to the recipients.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 11:15 am

So I learned an interesting lesson yesterday - the "Flex Delivery" that Canada Post offers is only for items "with a barcode" which I presume means shipped via an actual postal service, not just cards/regular mail. When I went to pick up the Amazon parcel I had a notice for, there was a card taped to the outside of the box and the clerk had a post-it note attached explaining that she recognized my name, that's why they ended up together. If anyone else has mailed anything that way, don't worry, there's now an agreement to hold anything with my name on it and I'll just randomly check back a couple times next week. Oops. Thank heavens for small towns!!

As for the parcel and card, the plan is to wait until Christmas to open them ... unless I have a particularly un-fun day between now and then and would prefer instant gratification.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 12:22 pm

All of my presents are ordered. Yay!!!
Old Dec 14, 2018, 2:13 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PG
Thanks mdovenmuehler for the spread of travel gear! Believe it or not, this is my first set of packing cubes and I'm really excited to put them to use next week. Fun small-world fact: Monday's flight is to Boise, and my Santa lives in Twin Falls, just two hours away!
Old Dec 14, 2018, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by tzvilev
Came home to a wonderful box of winter accessories (gloves, hat, neck warmer, jacket) and a very cool boardgame - Pandemic - that I've played before and enjoyed a lot. Many thanks to my anonymous Santa!
I'm glad you liked it!

-tsvilev's Secret Santa (now the secret's out!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.