Secret Santa 2018 Official Thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Secret Santa 2018 Official Thread!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2018, 4:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, TK E+, AS MVPG, SPG&Marriott Plat, HHD, Hertz PC
May I make a suggestion and say that wharvey should email the recipients their tracking numbers? We've had tons of package thefts in the neighborhood and I'm worried stuff will go missing especially if I'm unaware that it's shipped.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 5:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by mdbe
May I make a suggestion and say that wharvey should email the recipients their tracking numbers? We've had tons of package thefts in the neighborhood and I'm worried stuff will go missing especially if I'm unaware that it's shipped.
You can sign up with USPS, FedEx, and UPS so they will alerrt you when you have a package on the way.
onetess likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 5:54 pm

Programs: NWA, UA Silver. Hilton Diamond
Took a hiatus now I’m back. Message sent.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 8:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K, TK E+, AS MVPG, SPG&Marriott Plat, HHD, Hertz PC
I have but my issue is that I live in a house that has recently been converted to multiple units. I.e. landlord has recently got approval from the county and city to construct an in law house with 2 more units. As such neither USPS nor the Fedex etc have updated their systems. If I get an alert that a package is incoming, I don't know if that package is actually for me or for one of the other 2 units. Informed Delivery on USPS is even worse, I literally can see everyone's mail.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 9:35 pm

Programs: Marriott/SPG Plat (won't last), Hilton Gold
I shipped my second gift today and I am very excited about it. I’ve really enjoyed trying to pick out a variety of things that my Santees would like!

Old Nov 11, 2018, 5:32 am

I have but my issue is that I live in a house that has recently been converted to multiple units. I.e. landlord has recently got approval from the county and city to construct an in law house with 2 more units. As such neither USPS nor the Fedex etc have updated their systems. If I get an alert that a package is incoming, I don't know if that package is actually for me or for one of the other 2 units. Informed Delivery on USPS is even worse, I literally can see everyone's mail.
Interesting. FedEx at least usually also displays my information as the recipient. That said, it's a little scary that you can see everyone's mail!
Old Nov 11, 2018, 11:11 am

Programs: Delta Plat
Actually, FedEx and UPS don't look at apartment numbers more so at the Name of the person the package is being delivered too. So if you sign up and your name is Boo Boo you're only alerted for packages for Boo Boo.

However, with USPS you'll be alerted for all packages and mail.

I like the DHL system better, they text you regardless if you are regietered with them or not.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 12:55 pm

Programs: AC Aeroplan,Delta Skymiles, Avion
Just received notice that a large package has arrived to my US address. It's being put in a closet until Christmas without me seeing who it's from so thank-you Secret Santa! I will report back after Christmas.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 8:49 am

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
Late to the game again this year! I blame a gruelling schedule playing tour guide. Very much looking forward to sending things for people!
Old Nov 12, 2018, 3:30 pm

So excited! Santa gave me permission (as if I needed it) to open all of my presents when they arrive. Even better, according to FedEx, the package might arrive before I leave on Wednesday!
Old Nov 12, 2018, 6:17 pm

Programs: Lifetime Silver Marriott Bonvoy
Just in today (obviously not delivered by USPS)! My Secret Santa is a mind reader - my packing cubes are so old (how old are they), I purchased them when the pterodactyl was the national bird!

Thank you Secret Santa!

P E R F E C T G I F T f o r M E

Thank you!!!!!
bergamini likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 8:03 am

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jsds
Just in today (obviously not delivered by USPS)! My Secret Santa is a mind reader - my packing cubes are so old (how old are they), I purchased them when the pterodactyl was the national bird!

Thank you Secret Santa!

P E R F E C T G I F T f o r M E
Thank you!!!!!
Your Santa told me to tell you that there's more to come and that he/she will not be offended if you want gift receipts to do any exchanges
jsds likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 9:22 am

Programs: Marriott/SPG Plat (won't last), Hilton Gold
Great idea to post here when your package is received, even if you choose not to open it! I put tracking on mine, but it's still comforting to know that it made it from the doorstep into the house!!
tcl likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 2:44 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat | UA Gld | DL Gld
Originally Posted by onetess
Great idea to post here when your package is received, even if you choose not to open it! I put tracking on mine, but it's still comforting to know that it made it from the doorstep into the house!!
I just received my SS package today and I'm also waiting closer to X-mas to open it. I know it's from Onetess even though I haven't opened it.
Thank you, excited to see whats inside.
Wrote to Wharvey and will report back once it's opened.

Also, that's why I have almost all my packages shipped to the office. If I'm gone for a week or more they'll hold it and it's safe.
onetess likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 8:51 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
I was going to wait for Christmas but then it arrived today and I needed a pick me up, and boy did I get one. Erik from Seattle did great! IDK how he knew I liked Lush, somehow must have figured out my FB perhaps, but I absolutely love Lush and so this gift set is perfect, especially because I love all the products in it. I also have tried some of the caramels and they are out of this world. Thanks, Santa!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.