Reload this Page >

Tragedy Roll Call - Please Sign In

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tragedy Roll Call - Please Sign In

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2001, 2:25 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Safe and sad in Seattle. Bro is stranded in Denver and is thinking about hiring a car to MKE. Glad he called.

Trip to Iran may be postponed, there is always next year.

May you all be safe.

lala
Old Sep 11, 2001, 2:27 pm

Programs: NW Platinum, Hilton Silver, 3 stays from Starwood Platinum!
Grounded at work. Am in shock and disbelief about the whole matter. Hawaii in five days, but will cancel the trip.

Linda
Old Sep 11, 2001, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Safe back home after just landing in AMS out of LHR.
Old Sep 11, 2001, 2:39 pm

Safe in Indy
Old Sep 11, 2001, 2:42 pm

I am grateful to be home in San Francisco. I was on UA863 last night from JFK which was delayed 4 hours due to weather. The pilot announced that the delay could last for hours and if anyone wanted to get off and fly today, they could do so. The pax in front of me (1B) and several of his companions in C were on the phone to UA and got rebooked on the 8 am flight today. I only hope that was the 8 am flight from JFK and not EWR since the EWR flight was the tragic flight 93.
Paul
Old Sep 11, 2001, 2:43 pm

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
I was evacuated from my midtown Manhattan office and am now safe at home in Metuchen NJ. Although a planned trip to London & Stockholm this Thurs is now in doubt.
Old Sep 11, 2001, 2:44 pm

Programs: AA LIFETIME GOLD, 1.7MM; HH Diamond
Safe at home and very happy to say all three sons who work in NYC are also okay. The oldest was taking off from EWR when the first plane hit the Trade Center. He's stranded in Detroit but alive and well. He's with the FBI so he and fellow agents were going to drive back to NY. The other two were trying to get home, one to Woodside, the other on Metro North.

My thoughts and prayers go out to those still waiting to hear about loved ones.

Chris
Old Sep 11, 2001, 2:45 pm

Programs: SPEBSQSA
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by BlondeBomber:
Words cannot express the dismay, sorrow and outrage.</font>
A co-worker just gave me the word to describe this... She said "I feel violated."

Old Sep 11, 2001, 2:46 pm

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
Safe and sound in NJ. We are a bedroom for NYC in the Princeton area. My wife, Sondra, as Mayor, has to deal with issues like what to do with "latchkey" kids whose parents work in NYC and can't get home tonight. The problems multiply the more you think about it.
Old Sep 11, 2001, 2:47 pm

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
I was evacuated from my midtown Manhattan office and am now safe at home in Metuchen NJ. Although a planned trip to London & Stockholm this Thurs is now in doubt.
Old Sep 11, 2001, 2:48 pm

Programs: SK,BA,QF,AA, HH, IGH
Sending Thoughts and Prayers from MEL
Old Sep 11, 2001, 2:50 pm
Original Member

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Platinum
Safe, sad, but happy that my daughter is between jobs this week and is safe out on the island and had not gone into the city today.
Old Sep 11, 2001, 2:53 pm

Location: Currently a man without a country; American Airlines-3MM, Executive Platinum; US Airways-Doesn't Matter AAnymore; Hilton-Diamond; Starwood-Platinum; Hyatt-Diamond
Safe at home after trip to LGA cancelled...still in disbelief, though. The videos still just don't seem real.

Glad to see some posts from my new friends from the 9/7-9 AA TPE run...hope all are well.

Thoughts and prayers to the fine folks at AA and UA who were just doing their jobs today and got caught up in this nightmare.

FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
At 9:00 eastern time, my sister called me to tell me about the crash.

She knows I fly.

The hardest thing for us here in New York is not being able to do anything.
I'm in White Plains. That's 30 miles from the trade center. All inbound roads / bridges / tunnels into the city are closed.

This is just the beginning. Many of us here will be attending funerals soon. This is so sad. All of us know people that work down at the WTC.

Truly a sad day here in NY.
Please go give blood.

Dan

OK here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.