Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Daisy does Düsseldorf

Daisy does Düsseldorf

Old Nov 9, 2000, 9:33 pm
Original Poster

Daisy does Düsseldorf

Earlier this week, I made plans to meet Punki, Joe and AnnaS at ORD and wish them bon voyage on their way to DUS. Punki had graciously agreed to carry something to Germany for me. She said if security asked if any strangers gave her anything to carry, she would simply say that I was no stranger than anyone else. Before I left home for ORD, I check the UA web site to check on Punki & Joe's arrival gate and the departure gate to DUS. The Seattle - ORD flight has left SEA over 30 minutes late. That was really going to wreck havoc with the 40 minute connection! On my drive to the airport I had visions of having Joe and Punki as overnight guests.

I met up with Anna at the RCC. She told me that UA had rerouted Punki & Joe to SFO to Paris and then a flight to DUS. Punki would not be at ORD. But Anna was there, in all her charm, for her first international flight. Punki had filled her in that I had a package. And there it was in a Marshall Field's (Chicago department store) bag: Daisy.

So you ask, who or what is Daisy. Well, the short story is that Daisy is an inflatable sheep, with an enhanced opening below her tail. I figured she was the perfect thing to send to a FT gathering!

The brief history of Daisy is that a friend gave it to me as a gag gift for standing up at her wedding. She often joked that she had found the perfect bridesmaid dress for me---one that looked like something Mary had a Little Lamb would wear. So she wanted be buy me a lamb. Many of us would have gone to a toy story. My friend went to a place called the Fetish Store.

We brought Daisy to the wedding reception. Daisy danced. The photographer offered to buy Daisy from us. Daisy is not for sale.

Daisy flew home with us in First Class. She sat right between our seats. The FA only looked, but never asked the story.

So tonight, I gave Daisy to AnnaS to bring to Germany. It is my hope that Daisy has a chance to see the world. And if you have the chance, please have her photo placed on FlyerTalk for all to see.

Daisy, so long!

Old Nov 9, 2000, 9:48 pm
Original Member

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
Poor PremEx! He's got the badge for the weekend and no one to impress it with ...

<ducking>
Old Nov 10, 2000, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Waddya mean? I got little Shebaa out a floatin' in the Jacuzzi right now!

I'll be right out, my little Lamb Chops!
Old Nov 10, 2000, 6:04 am
geo1004

PremEx. I have two images.

The first is of you the first time we met in TPA. You were wearing a bathrobe and preparing to play ring toss with the fresh Krispy Kreme donuts ess, Cat, and I had procurred for you.

The second image is of Dr. Hannibal Lector in an orange prison suit awaiting a second order of lamb chops, rare.

It's scary how similar they are.

Daisy, Run, run for your life!

[This message has been edited by geo1004 (edited 11-10-2000).]

Old Nov 10, 2000, 9:25 am

Programs: FT Member # 642
Mommy...make the bad people go away.
Old Nov 10, 2000, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I prefer my Lamb Chops with a nice dry Chianti.
Old Nov 10, 2000, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

And fava beans.
Old Nov 10, 2000, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Question? Is this connected in any way with the pig thingee flying on US Air?

MisterNice
Old Nov 10, 2000, 4:16 pm
Original Poster

MisterNice, you live up to your name. Daisy has nothing to do with the live pig that flew in first class recently. Daisy, is inflatable.
Old Nov 10, 2000, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Comicwoman-

Thank you. I believe that was mentioned before. I will restate the question. Did Daisy fly in FC in (A) her "inflated mode" or (B) in her "deflated mode". And its good she had nothing to do with that crappy porker on US. Phew!

MisterNice

ps: and if the answer is (A), did Boyles* law enhance her inflated state?

* Volume is inversely proportional to pressure (or whatever)
Old Nov 10, 2000, 8:39 pm
Original Poster

When Sparkie and I flew FLL to ORD, Daisy was inflated. I gave her to Anna in the same condition. Daisy seemed short a few pounds of air on the handoff, so I am sure she would survive any extra inflation.
I did not notice if Daisy put on any inches during our flight. She is very sensitive about her figure.
Old Nov 11, 2000, 12:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I did not notice if Daisy put on any inches during our flight.
Nope. Sorry folks. Not me. I ain't goin' there.
Old Nov 11, 2000, 2:07 am
Commander Catcop

Commander Catcop watching from afar says to my acting COP PremEx: Watch the sheep references!!!!

But you are doing a good job anyway. I'm mostly proud of you and leave the sheep for me!
Old Nov 11, 2000, 4:23 am

Programs: UA 1PMM,AAG; usedtobeelite
AnnaS was the dinner last night at the Paulaner Wirthaus but I did not see Daisy with her! They will probably be together this afternoon at Bernie"s.
Old Nov 11, 2000, 6:15 am
GK

Programs: reformed ex basic Member
I have to say that dasiy has no stamina at the moment - she'd gone to pastures afresh when I got to the Paulaner last night ! Hope she's not done too much shopping this afternoon - as we have another long night ahead in the baas. sorry

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.