"Domo arigato gozaima****a" to 'the kids' and 'mjm'

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2000, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold
"Domo arigato gozaima****a" to 'the kids' and 'mjm'

To "kidpachinko", "mrs. kid" and "mjm":

Many thanks for a wonderful weekend!

Several weeks ago, when I posted my topic (Seeking advice from FlyerTalkers in Japan) and received such enthusiastic response from you, I was amazed that people who had never met me would be so willing to help me arrange my first visit to Japan.

Throughout the many exchanges that followed, both on and off FT, you demonstrated a genuine interest in my trip and a sincere desire to do whatever you could to make it worthwhile.

This past weekend, then, you proved beyond any doubt what the FlyerTalk community spirit is all about and demonstrated what wonderful hosts you are.

Starting with Friday evening, when we met at the Nikko Winds Narita hotel (along with "AusTXHiker", who had Freddie Jr. with him) for dinner, through the following day as we toured Tokyo, you provided an excellent introduction to Tokyo and really showed me a great time.

From figuring out a workable itinerary to accommodate my needs (including my sushi and shopping 'fixes') and those of "AusTXHiker" (who had to depart NRT Saturday afternoon), and coordinating all the logistics - not to mention translating at every turn - you provided for a wonderful, if brief, visit to Tokyo and I enjoyed your company very much.

Looking forward to hosting you sometime here in Chicago, I send my best to you and offer my sincere thanks for everything.

Bill
Old Dec 4, 2000, 4:20 pm
Original Member

Programs: BA Gold, UA Premier Platinum, DL Gold, Lifetime Bonvoy Titanium
I certainly echo bbinchi's sentiments. I had the most wonderful time in Tokyo with kidpachinko, the Mrs., mjm, and bbinchi. Where else can you find such generosity from people you have not met before? I hope that I can return the favor to the participants of the 1st FlyerTalk Meeting in Tokyo very soon!
Old Dec 4, 2000, 4:37 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat 2MM, HH expired!, "Good Kid Club" (Silver)
Thanks again for coming in, guys.

It was truly a blast of a get-together! I can't believe the emperor actually took time out of his schedule to meet with us. And Ichiro's flying back over just to play in our "East Vs West" charity softball game was a nice effort as well. Best wishes to him and the Nintendo, err, Seattle Mariners.

I only hope we can top it at our next Tokyo get-together!

-KP

"Tokyo get-together" - Voted the best FT get-together by all who have never been to any others. (coming soon to a town near you.)

Old Dec 4, 2000, 5:07 pm
mjm
Original Member

Bill and Mark,

As I wrote in an e-mail to another FTer yesterday, this past weekend's meeting with all of you has thoroughly served to strengthen my conviction in the value of these boards. I had fun meeting new people, had some very interesting conversations, and walked away very glad I had made the effort to come out to see you guys. (You too Kid & wife) .

We had a great time and I would encourage all others with a few hours to spare in Japan to join us on the way through or while you are here.

Looking forward to seeing you and many others in the new year.

Happy Holidays to all,

Mike

Old Dec 5, 2000, 3:15 am

KidPachinko-san and all,
Sounds like I missed a wonderful get together.
Hope to meet you all in the near future.
My next trip to Japan is 'oshogatsu' from the 28th to 8th.
Yoiotoshio,,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.