Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

SEATTLE drink or dinner Thursday NOVEMBER 9th?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2000, 3:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold

I arrive LAX-SEA on Thurs Nov 9th at 10.51 am on the way through to the “Dusseldorf Doozy” FT Altbier gathering that weekend, with 40 or so other FlyerTalkers. (Punki and Joe fly out to DUS the day ahead I understand.) Fly out of SEA at 9am next day Friday to LAX again and then ORD-DUS.

Plan to get a tour in of the Boeing factory at Everett that afternoon, and that should be all finished up by 4.30pm or so and see me back in city.

I am staying at the Doubletree Seattle Airport ...... got an amazing deal via Priceline of $33. Well I thought it was amazing deal, but Terenz from Canada, who I had dinner with when in Sydney recently tells me he stays there a few days later and got it for $25 or something, so he is sharper than me!

Anyone who is around and wishes to catch up for a drink or a bite to eat please let me know. Will be heading off a day or so early to fly to ADL and MEL before the trans-pac so, (as usual) have left this a little late, sorry.

------------------
~ Glen ~
Old Oct 31, 2000, 11:49 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Oz,

It would be nice to meet up with you and swap some stories. Regretfully, (for me as well), I'll be in Eugene, Oregon on that day. I hope you have a fun visit to Boeing; it's a fantastic tour.

------------------
Addicted to airline miles? Check out: The Airline Mileage Workshop
Old Oct 31, 2000, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

sorry OZ, I shouldn't be getting back to SEA until friday.
Old Oct 31, 2000, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Chexfan .. Shame - would have been nice to catch up! If your schedule does change, please leave a message for me at Doubletree on Thursday! Have to get some drinking practice in before I hit the "Altbierfest" gathering next day!

------------------
~ Glen ~
Old Nov 1, 2000, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Originally posted by ozstamps:
I am staying at the Doubletree Seattle Airport ...... got an amazing deal via Priceline of $33. Well I thought it was amazing deal, but Terenz from Canada, who I had dinner with when in Sydney recently tells me he stays there a few days later and got it for $25 or something, so he is sharper than me!
Actually I an staying the night before you arrive. I bottom-feed at Priceline.com and see what happens (usually nothing).

Let me know what flight you're on *just* in case I get a bump (unlikely) from my flight to CLT (scheduled for 0805 on 9 Nov.).
Old Nov 1, 2000, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Sorry Terenz -- I knew you said we missed by a day or so, thought it was later, not earlier - that Hotel deal you got was a world beater!

I arrive LAX-SEA on UA #1786 at 10.51am on Thurs Nov 9th. I'll be back from the Boeing Factory tour in the city about 4.30pm. Anyone around then we might catch up perhaps.

Flying back out to LAX next morning on UA #1937, then onto ORD on #761 on a 747-400 (in my favourite upstairs exit row seat 15B!) and then connecting UA to DUS. Anyone around the RCC in LAX at midday November 10th, same offer applies - there for 2 hours. (Note the neat 2000 miles extra going LAX-SEA-LAX instead of LAX-ORD on the SYD-DUS ticket!)

------------------
~ Glen ~
Old Nov 2, 2000, 11:09 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Diamond
ozstamps, it will be my pleasure to share a drink and/or dinner with you next Thursday, whether or not you choose to reveal the secrets of grabbing an upgrade to BRU.

Would anyone care to join us?
Old Nov 2, 2000, 1:50 pm

OZ Stamps, I would love to join you and SMG for a cocktail or dinner Thursday. I would enjoy meeting you after reading your entertaining posts.
Old Nov 2, 2000, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks people. OK, we have 3 in the starting gate as definites and a couple of possibles above. I have had a few emails from folks who are on the road until Friday, so Thurs. does not work. A couple of others are also possible depending on meetings etc and I have their phone #'s.

Anyone else around next Thursday, please chime in, and we might be then able to set a time and place with the input of you locals!

smg77 .. yes, there are certain bits of upgrade info NOT wise posted to these boards! All will be revealed Thursday. High Life .. any time that you are free from work commitments you can advise?

------------------
~ Glen ~

[This message has been edited by ozstamps (edited 11-02-2000).]
Old Nov 3, 2000, 4:19 pm
MolsonMiler

I seem likely to be staying an extra nite in SEA Thurs before commuting back to YVR. Not 100% certain yet, (at best it is 60/40) but would be delighted to join in with fellow FT'ers and meet the "man from OZ" if it pans out that way. I'll stay tuned!

Old Nov 4, 2000, 8:46 am

I'm in for the drink with Oz too. We talked about this a while ago so I don't want to miss out. Keep me up to date on the location.

Mike
Old Nov 4, 2000, 11:10 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
Oz:

Count me in as well; I'm arriving from Denver mid-afternoon on the 9th for a convention at the WSCTC so I'll be downtown and free from 5:00 p.m. or so.

Whoo-hoo - my first FT event!
Old Nov 4, 2000, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

mcrt was kind enough to find a way and pass it on to me, so I could see the Boeing factory in my short time there, so Mike, first drink definitely on me! Would not have got it together otherwise.

Hi Kurt .. look forward to catching up! Your email posted on your profile looks like an old one and is inactive .... do you have a current one you can advise me of please? Your first FT event hey .. what are you doing on that weekend .. maybe we'll talk you into flying off to Dusseldorf for the FT "Altbier/Goosenfest" with 40-50 others!?

I recall smg77 said by email he was free from work about 7pm, and High Life might be able to advise his movements. Kurt - what if we meet in the bar of the Sheraton downtown (or wherever you suggest) sometime after 5pm for starters, and the other guys can touch base with their timings and we can take it from there?

Re a meal, for anyone up to that I'm sure there will be suggestions. I am happy to "go with the flow" - steak, eastern, Tex/Mex, Italian, whatever you guys suggest. Anyone else "possible" above, or who is reading this, whose itinerary clears up, please post here or email me and we'll tie it all up!

By the time 5pm rolls around Thursday I will have flown UA right through on ADL-MEL-LAX-SEA (22 hours inc.layovers = 9,194 miles) plus spent 6 hours on the ground in SEA, so I'll be ready for anything! Thank gawd for upgrade seats, as it allows a bit of sleeping en-route.

------------------
~ Glen ~

[This message has been edited by ozstamps (edited 11-04-2000).]
Old Nov 5, 2000, 3:21 pm
MolsonMiler

Sounds like a fun night coming up. I'm now looking more like 50/50 than 40/60 so will update early week,

Old Nov 5, 2000, 6:39 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
I would love to join you, but I will be somewhere in the Roman campagana with my prof from grad school.

It would be fun to finally put faces to all of these names...

lalala

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.