Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RIP Pooch

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2018, 2:33 am
Original Poster

RIP Pooch

Very sad to let Ozfest regulars know that Robyn aka "Pooch" passed away this weekend after a long battle with cancer.
Pooch attended Ozfest 2005 in Hobart through to 2013 in Perth and kept in contact with a number of Flyertalkers beyond Ozfest..
She will be sadly missed.
RIP Pooch
Old Jun 24, 2018, 2:53 am

Programs: QC Life, QFF Plat No 0010XXX, AA Plat 2 MM, Sinbad Blue, HHonors Dia., Marriott Titanium, IHG Amb
Very sad news.
Condolences to family and friends.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 6:09 am

Programs: Prefer to stay where the herded cats are staying, IHG , Hyatt gold, bottom fish in other chains
Very very sad indeed. We so wanted to get back to Oz and see her. We were fortunate to be able to see her here in Florida on her visits to Monitor and Frantic and loved her always positive approach to her fight. RIP Robyn.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 6:59 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Robyn was a lovely person and we will miss her.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 7:29 am

Programs: QF LTG, Velocity FF Red, HH Diamond, PC Platinum Ambassador, UA Nothing
Originally Posted by Margoz
Very sad to let Ozfest regulars know that Robyn aka "Pooch" passed away this weekend after a long battle with cancer.
Pooch attended Ozfest 2005 in Hobart through to 2013 in Perth and kept in contact with a number of Flyertalkers beyond Ozfest..
RIP Pooch
Thanks for passing that on Margoz,

Sorry sorry to hear that as Robyn (Pooch) was a great fun person.

She will be missed.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 9:57 am

Programs: UA 2MM
So sad to hear this news. I remember visiting her at her house with other FlyerTalk members one OzFest occasion. (I remember because I got lost in the Sydney suburbs.) Deep sadness.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Robyn was special to us. We have deep sadness. The world has lost a lovely person and we have lost a good friend. RIP.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 8:57 pm

Programs: First Time Flyer
Very sad news indeed. Robyn was such a bright soul. She will be missed.

One of my favourite memories of Robyn was enjoying a drink and some people watching at the Waldof Astoria in NYC, on what would have been close to her last big international trip.

RIP Pooch.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 8:58 pm

Programs: UA, DL, AA, BD, NZ, QF, DJ, RCC, SPG, Priority Club, Accor Platinum
Very sad to hear about Robyn. Always great fun and very positive. RIP Robyn. You will be missed.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 9:01 pm
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
RIP Pooch
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29900154-post41.html

RIP Pooch!
Old Jun 24, 2018, 9:06 pm
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
RIP Pooch
Thanks for letting us know Margoz! I met Robyn several times and will miss her... i know ill health prevented her from attending recent Ozfests . RIP Pooch.

I have posted a link about Pooch
In Memoriam: FlyerTalk Members Who Have Departed
so we can post our memories of her for the wider FT community to see and add to..
Old Jun 24, 2018, 9:28 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by kpc
We've met so many wonderful people over the years through our membership in FT, and Robyn / Pooch was one of the loveliest.

We will miss her.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 10:19 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by kpc
Very sad to hear this news.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 10:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by kpc
Very sorry to learn the news. Its been six years, though I’m sure I interacted with Pooch at OzFest 2012 in CBR.

RIP
Old Jun 25, 2018, 2:21 pm

Programs: Prefer to stay where the herded cats are staying, IHG , Hyatt gold, bottom fish in other chains
RIP Pooch, you are missed. We so wanted to get back to SYD to see you but it was not to be. Very grateful to have spent time with you here in FL while you were staying with monitor and frantic and will cherish the good times and laughs we all had. Your strength and positive attitude dealing with what life handed you was awesome and admirable. We loved you lots.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.