FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   CommunityBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz-380/)
-   -   HOLY TOLEDO Do IV - Mudhens game, eats & drink - Sat Aug 25 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz/1917459-holy-toledo-do-iv-mudhens-game-eats-drink-sat-aug-25-a.html)

Sweet Willie Jul 1, 2018 12:08 pm

HOLY TOLEDO Do IV - Mudhens game, eats & drink - Sat Aug 25

After a year off, HOLY TOLEDO is back again.

The Mudhens play at 7:05pm on Sat Aug 25 at beautiful Fifth Third Field

Dinner beforehand at:
Tony Packo's Cafe at the Park
7 S Superior St
Toledo, OH 43604
Near the intersection of S Superior St and Moose Fleet Walker Sq

www.tonypacko.com

And prior to Tony Packo's, a few of us will be having a pre dinner cocktail at the roof top bar at the Renaissance.

If attending you will be asked to pay for your Mudhens ticket in advance, cutoff date is Aug 10 (payment received by Willie) for attendees to make sure all payments get taken into account and tickets ordered.

There might be some other activities surrounding the Mudhens game & dinner.

Who's interested ?

Attending:
goodeats (paid)
Lurch (paid)
CMK10 +1 (paid)
jamesteroh (paid)
darby1970 +1 (paid)
Willie +1 (paid)

Interested/Maybe:
Bikeguy
CleUnited
spartacus

No Can Do:
mhnadel
SkyBuck
mmargel
KMA26
-

CMK10 Jul 1, 2018 12:43 pm

Since the last time I looked, American has started a CLT-TOL flight which keeps costs nice and low. I'll see you all there.

jamesteroh Jul 1, 2018 4:47 pm

I'll be there. And if people don't mind walking a few blocks PVT me and you can park in my condo's guest parking lot

Lurch Jul 1, 2018 7:55 pm

I can get there about 5:15 PM but not before.
Lurch

goodeats21 Jul 2, 2018 4:44 am

It was fun last time...it will be fun this time...I am in.
See you all there...

Sweet Willie Jul 2, 2018 6:34 am

Originally Posted by goodeats21 (Post 29928352)
It was fun last time...it will be fun this time...I am in.
See you all there...

I expect it will be as well, see you there

Originally Posted by Lurch (Post 29927475)
I can get there about 5:15 PM but not before.
Lurch

we'll save a spot

Originally Posted by CMK10 (Post 29926463)
Since the last time I looked, American has started a CLT-TOL flight which keeps costs nice and low. I'll see you all there.

most excellent, I'm departing out of TOL for flight home

Originally Posted by jamesteroh (Post 29927117)
I'll be there. And if people don't mind walking a few blocks PVT me and you can park in my condo's guest parking lot

Nice of you to offer !

Bikeguy Jul 2, 2018 7:22 am

Interested. Will see whether the family schedule allows closer to the event.

mhnadel Jul 2, 2018 10:53 am

It was fun last time, but I have prior commitments so can't make it.

Sweet Willie Jul 2, 2018 11:31 am

Originally Posted by Bikeguy (Post 29928743)
Interested. Will see whether the family schedule allows closer to the event.

very good

Originally Posted by mhnadel (Post 29929523)
It was fun last time, but I have prior commitments so can't make it.

bummer, next time !

jamesteroh Jul 2, 2018 8:30 pm

If people are looking for a nice place to stay downtown there is a renaissance downtown now that is really nitce. It is a rebranded hotel that was shut down for a while to go through some major renovations and I'm told the new rooftop bar is really nice.

goodeats21 Jul 3, 2018 6:39 am

Do we need to get tickets on our own for the game? Can't remember how that part worked last time...

Sweet Willie Jul 3, 2018 7:05 am

Originally Posted by goodeats21 (Post 29932696)
Do we need to get tickets on our own for the game? Can't remember how that part worked last time...

@darby1970 was going to assist with tickets once we get a final tally of those attending AND paid, he's the man with the plan

I capitalized AND due to with the first couple of HOLY TOLEDO Do we had some folks that said they were attending but then never showed so tickets were paid for and went unused. Attendees to this Do will pay for their ticket in advance so that the organizers are not left holding the bag.

Originally Posted by jamesteroh (Post 29931380)
If people are looking for a nice place to stay downtown there is a renaissance downtown now that is really nice. It is a rebranded hotel that was shut down for a while to go through some major renovations and I'm told the new rooftop bar is really nice.

well, cool, that's what I have booked for this trip.

goodeats21 Jul 3, 2018 7:21 am

Originally Posted by jamesteroh (Post 29931380)
If people are looking for a nice place to stay downtown there is a renaissance downtown now that is really nitce. It is a rebranded hotel that was shut down for a while to go through some major renovations and I'm told the new rooftop bar is really nice.

Originally Posted by Sweet Willie (Post 29932782)
@darby1970 was going to assist with tickets, he's the man with the plan

well, cool, that's what I have booked for this trip.

Great. Will wait to see how things progress with tickets.

And I just booked the Renaissance as well. Seems like we are settling on party central location...LOL

SkyBuck Jul 4, 2018 10:47 pm

I'm booked at the Renaissance that night too. But it's the one in Vienna. :cool:

Had fun last time, hopefully I'll be around for another one in the future.

CleUnited Jul 5, 2018 10:09 am

Since I moved back to OH, I might be interested but havr to check the work schedule. I am a vacation relief agent in PIT so it is constantly changing. Plus we'll have to see if my girlfriend has the son that weekend too.