Wiki Posts
Search

Next PIP--Grand Cayman!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 1999, 7:56 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Next PIP--Grand Cayman!?!?!

Well, I just want all you PIP'ers to know that while you are tanning, surfing, eating, drinking, swimming, snorkeling, sailing, touring, sailboarding, etc., I will be doing the backbreaking work of checking out my suggestion for the next PIP, Grand Cayman, starting on Tuesday. Great location for it, has a great Hyatt and Westin, and a nice Marriott. New Ritz Carlton under construction (SLOWLY!) which may not be done for about another year and half, the way they are going. (Only needs a good Hilton). So, I will be grinding away, tanning, surfing, eating, drinking, swimming, snorkeling, sailing, etc.--you get the idea--JUST to check out the acceptability of GCM as a PIP destination for future use. I think I am getting an ulcer just thinking about all the hard work I'll have to do down there to check everything out. I hope everyone appreciate's my sacrifice!!
Old Nov 5, 1999, 4:51 pm

Grand Cayman sounds GREAT. But it should be at a different time of year. Most people who are in Retail Sales (like my wife and I) cannot have vacation between Oct. 15 and Dec. 24.

Just a idea.
Old Nov 6, 1999, 12:38 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
My vote is for Bermuda, if we're voting yet.
Old Nov 6, 1999, 4:44 pm
Original Member

Bermuda sounds nice - or perhaps somewhere more Eastern (Indian Ocean?)
Old Nov 7, 1999, 12:37 pm

Programs: DL Diamond MM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond . www.chicagosemianrs.org
How about somewhere that has a nice Hilton where we can turn in points (or better yet miles to points) and maybe even make sure it is on the Point Stretcher chart for whenever.
Old Nov 7, 1999, 11:51 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

How about someplace cosmopolitan....London anyone?

------------------
Addicted to airline miles? Check out: The Airline Mileage Workshop

Old Nov 8, 1999, 8:22 am

Programs: UA MM-1P, Hilton Life Diamond, Marriot Life Gold, ICH Spire
oooooooh. London? I'm in.
Old Nov 8, 1999, 10:45 am

London...have golf clubs, will travel!!!
Old Nov 8, 1999, 12:27 pm
dg1

I like the idea someone else brought up for Orlando, FL. That's a US-centric idea and maybe it's all fair for the next one to be outside the USA. <shrug>
Old Nov 8, 1999, 12:48 pm

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
What ever happened to the Bangkok party. I need a lot of miles to qualify for CO platinum elite next year and a party in Asia would help a lot.
Old Nov 8, 1999, 1:31 pm
Original Member

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
Sounds like we need more than one PiP next year. If it's golfing you're looking for, why not consider Edinburgh? It's a beautiful city and easy to navigate. Excellent shopping, including the fabulous Royal Mile Whisky shop, chock-o-block with one-of-a-kind small batch single malts that simply cannot be had in America.
Old Nov 8, 1999, 8:07 pm
In Memoriam: Original Member

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
Shadow, Jackie, Catman, and myself were talking about this over Porters at Sam Choy's yesterday. We decided on Lake Tahoe.

You can only play golf, drink, gamble, cruise the lake, etc.
Old Nov 8, 1999, 8:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
Newself, Lake Tahoe is a great place for a little get together (even one with maybe lots and lots of people) but for a Real PIP II we need a PIP of a place, where we can fly on a 747/400 with the whole top deck reserved just for us. Maybe we'll even have to take over First First for those sad souls who had to turn down their double upgrades. Yeah PIP II Express. Do you think maybe we could get Joyce again? Use you influence Rudi!

Advice to the next-year-newbies, "Take a few extra days to rest in the sun after the party" as I wish I could have.

[This message has been edited by Punki (edited 11-08-1999).]
Old Nov 8, 1999, 8:19 pm
Original Member

Programs: BA Gold, UA Premier Platinum, DL Gold, Lifetime Bonvoy Titanium
Ooops, double posting. See below.

[This message has been edited by AusTXHiker (edited 11-08-1999).]
Old Nov 8, 1999, 8:21 pm
Original Member

Programs: BA Gold, UA Premier Platinum, DL Gold, Lifetime Bonvoy Titanium
I think dg1 is right. The next PiP should be outside the USA. Since there is quite a following in Asia, my suggestions would be Chiang Mai, Phuket, or Bangkok (yes, all in Thailand). I can see a PiP Express using SQ. Star Alliance, DL, and AA members can cash in their miles for SQ flights!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.