Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

San Francisco - North Beach dinner - Monday July 2

San Francisco - North Beach dinner - Monday July 2

Old Jul 2, 2018, 11:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
[Moderator edit]…a good time appeared to have been had by all that remained for the food. And to the OP, thanks for visiting our fair city on a nice "balmy" summer evening (upper 50s, drizzly by the time we were done). I'm sure the shorts you were wearing will be just perfect for your NYC arrival
dhammer53 and Pat89339 like this.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Jul 5, 2018 at 12:43 am Reason: Redact reference to deleted posts
Old Jul 3, 2018, 9:34 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
[miderator edit] ...a good time appeared to have been had by all that remained for the food. And to the OP, thanks for visiting our fair city on a nice "balmy" summer evening (upper 50s, drizzly by the time we were done). I'm sure the shorts you were wearing will be just perfect for your NYC arrival
It was a good time and I hope my reputation is still intact with the choice of the restaurant

Bolding mine: and nice and comfy on his scored lie flat with blanket upgrade SFO-ORD
Eastbay1K, dhammer53 and Pat89339 like this.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Jul 5, 2018 at 12:44 am Reason: Redact reference to deleted posts
Old Jul 3, 2018, 11:28 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
It was a delightful evening with good food and conversation. @dhammer53 it was so good to see you after many years. Thanks for detouring your trip to have this dinner. Let's not let it be a decade until next time!
dhammer53 and wcrhkd like this.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 12:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriot LTP, Hyatt Globalist
Super night with delightful people and familiar faces. Many thanks for including me.
dhammer53 likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by goalie
It was a good time and I hope my reputation is still intact with the choice of the restaurant
No cramps, nor indigestion, so all is good. On the other hand, are you familiar with the root of the word reputation?
Old Jul 4, 2018, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
No cramps, nor indigestion, so all is good. On the other hand, are you familiar with the root of the word reputation?
According to the Online Etymology Dictionary:

reputation (n.) mid-14c., "credit, good reputation," from Latin reputationem (nominative reputatio) "consideration, a thinking over," noun of action from past participle stem of reputare "reflect upon, reckon, count over," from re- "repeatedly" (see re-) + putare "to judge, suppose, believe, suspect," originally "to clean, trim, prune" (from PIE root *pau- (2) "to cut, strike, stamp").
Old Jul 4, 2018, 10:27 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
I had such a good time catching up with friends I haven't seen in years, I only took ONE photo. My trip album is incomplete! That means Dan should come to town (and California) more often. MRY would be even better.

Thank you for organizing, goalie!
wcrhkd likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
boxo, what a nice, feel good experience to have dinner with my old SFO friends. It's been almost 4 years since I last visited.

Haven't seen Pat in 15 or so years. Willi-Wonka must be 8. Same goes for goalie. I was happy to see my old AOL friend Squeakr, but she had to leave. Having dinner with this crew, and the 4 new faces (although they've been on FT a while) was a goose - pimply experience. You get the idea. Thanks to goalie for the VIP SFO service.

Thanks to Squeakr for the cookies, and thanks to boxo for the Tartines goody bag. Hopefully I see my San Francisco friends sooner rather than later.

It was good seeing KathyWdrf, tom911, and EastBay1k again.

edit, in my haste to talk about friends (isn't this what FT is all about), I neglected to mention how good dinner was. As for baseball conversation...

Dan
Pat89339 and boxo like this.

Last edited by dhammer53; Jul 7, 2018 at 11:02 am
Old Jul 5, 2018, 6:22 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by dhammer53
boxoWhat a nice, feel good experience to have dinner with my old SFO friends. It's been almost 4 years since I last visited.

Haven't seen Pat in 15 or so years. Willi-Wonka must be 8. Same goes for goalie. I was happy to see my old AOL friend Squeakr, but she had to leave. Having dinner with this crew, and the 4 new faces (although they've been on FT a while) was a goose - pimply experience. You get the idea. Thanks to goalie for the VIP SFO service.

Thanks to Squeakr for the cookies, and thanks to boxo for the Tartines goody bag. Hopefully I see my San Francisco friends sooner rather than later.

It was good seeing KathyWdrf, tom911, and EastBay1k again.

edit, in my haste to talk about friends (isn't this what FT is all about), I neglected to mention how good dinner was. As for baseball conversation...

Dan
Ursula says it was a pleasure to meet you and as for baseball...
Attached Images   
Pat89339 and boxo like this.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Tour cap looks better with a white trim.

I'm going to see the Staten Island Yankees this afternoon. It's about as minor in minor league baseball as you're going to get. They're playing the Brooklyn Cyclones (a Mets farm team).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.