Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Oz Fest 16 Sydney, NSW, Australia. USA Memorial Day Weekend May 24 to May 26, 2019

Oz Fest 16 Sydney, NSW, Australia. USA Memorial Day Weekend May 24 to May 26, 2019

Old May 26, 2019, 10:42 am

Programs: QF, AA, UA, AS, SW, CO
The may have heard we are good talkers, and decided to spare the other diners….
JohnSydney2000 and QF WP like this.
Old May 26, 2019, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Great to meet up with everyone last night. Thanks Ozchinois for getting us into the Amex Centurion lounge and the free drink coupons!

Sorry I missed seeing most of the other FTers. I had planned my Australia trip long before I realized that it coincided with Ozfest. Unfortunately we arrived from Perth at 5 pm Sunday night.
Storyteller, Plainsman and Zorak like this.
Old May 26, 2019, 4:14 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Thanks to all who helped put this together! I had a great first visit to Oz and look forward to returning!

Currently hanging out in the SQ lounge with kirkwoodj, Plainsman, and pfbloom.
Old May 26, 2019, 5:05 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Thanks to the organisers, glad we could get a good group over to Manly. Have boarded UA100 with Zorak & Plainsman. See you next time!
Old May 26, 2019, 5:50 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
All the photos from OzFest, Sydney and Vivid Sydney, taken over the last few days, are now on the front page of my website linked in my signature line below. They'll move off the front page in a few months and can be found in the Australia gallery for years to come.

Thank you, Storyteller, for your hard work organizing, and to everyone at OzFest that made friend #1 and friend #2 feel so welcome here. We all had a wonderful time.
Old May 26, 2019, 6:18 pm

Programs: UA/EK(Gold) CX(Diamond) Marriott Gold Accor Platinum Hilton Diamond Shangri-la Jade
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Great to meet up with everyone last night. Thanks Ozchinois for getting us into the Amex Centurion lounge and the free drink coupons!

Sorry I missed seeing most of the other FTers. I had planned my Australia trip long before I realized that it coincided with Ozfest. Unfortunately we arrived from Perth at 5 pm Sunday night.
It was a pleasure. Only wished I had known about these dos much earlier so I could have organised some more inclusive day activities. But the Ozfest committee from interstate did a brilliant job so a big thank you especially to storyteller. Safe flight back everyone.
Old May 26, 2019, 6:50 pm

I’m headed home on QF7 departing in just under a couple hours, currently sitting in the QF first class lounge eating breakfast after a wonderful massage in the Spa.

It it was awesome to meet new people and see those who I hadn’t seen in five years. I’m sure I will have a few more comments to add, things to post after I get home. But before leaving I wanted to say thank you to everyone who helped make this another great visit to Australia. Most of my traveling these days is short trips close to home, but I’m greatful I was able to come back for this OzFest, and hopefully will be able to again in the next couple of years.

Old May 26, 2019, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
I dion't know why I continue to torture myself by coming back to this thread time and again to see pictures of familiar faces, great food, and a country I love to visit - but hoping to see the same faces in person Down Under in 2020!
tom911, Fredd, QF WP and 3 others like this.
Old May 26, 2019, 8:08 pm

Programs: QC Life, QFF Plat No 0010XXX, AA Plat 2 MM, Sinbad Blue, HHonors Dia., Marriott Titanium, IHG Amb
It was great to see familiar faces and new at Ozfest.

Big thanks to all the organisers, especially Storyteller with the dinners, and Mwenenzi in the background statistics bunker.
Safe travels home, and hopefully see everyone in 2020 in BNE.
John.
Old May 26, 2019, 8:35 pm

Programs: UA, DL, AA, BD, NZ, QF, DJ, RCC, SPG, Priority Club, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by sbiddle
I've always had an upgrade to an Executive Room at a minimum with numerous Relaxation Rooms - everything above that has been $$

This basic room needs some serious TLC and to be honest is quite disgraceful for a hotel of this calibre.

That's pretty bad. I have no status whatsoever but the room is in great condition.
Storyteller likes this.
Old May 27, 2019, 12:01 am

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Agree that room looks like it has water damage from the shower recess (lack of waterproofing or cracked seal). I hope you showed that to the Front Desk so they can get Maintenance to fix.

Nothing like being put on the spot Saturday night to be on the organising committee (thanks @Itsalongwaydown ), however @Storyteller, @ozflygirl747 and I all know one another and have different specialty areas on the Committee. I did it by myself last time (2005 IIRC) so this should be easier and particularly coming together a year out. Off to email my contacts and get the ball rolling on my events, which I eluded to in my speech on Sat night (as well as the possible complications). Great meeting all my usual ozfest regulars and new attendees, look forward to your all coming back to BNE in 2020.

My heartfelt thanks to @Oz Fest for all his work behind the scenes and @Storyteller for her organisational prowess arranging the dinners.

@Plainsman, hope your upgrade came through.
Old May 27, 2019, 3:22 am

Many thank's on a great effort to the organising committee(seen & unseen). Bring on BNE 2020. Put me down as Platinum now...I'm in!
Storyteller likes this.
Old May 27, 2019, 5:39 am

Programs: UA1K, QF Plat, *A & Marriot Gold, OW Emerald, Hyatt Hertz PC CanPass Nexus APEC Global Entry
Flying back to USA Tuesday morning on UA99 MEL-LAX, 5/28/2019

Will be in the Air NZ or Singapore lounge if anyone needs access or wants to have a breakfast beer!!!

cheers see you in BNE if not before

JJ
Old May 27, 2019, 6:00 am

Programs: QF, AA, UA, AS, SW, CO
Originally Posted by Jimmie Jet
Flying back to USA Tuesday morning on UA99 MEL-LAX, 5/28/2019

Will be in the Air NZ or Singapore lounge if anyone needs access or wants to have a breakfast beer!!!

cheers see you in BNE if not before

JJ
it was a pleasure meeting you two this last weekend. See you both again another time!
tuapekastar likes this.
Old May 27, 2019, 3:12 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Just landed after a 12 hour 56 min nonstop flight on Qantas from Sydney. Until next year in Brisbane.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.