Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Oz Fest 16 Sydney, NSW, Australia. USA Memorial Day Weekend May 24 to May 26, 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oz Fest 16 Sydney, NSW, Australia. USA Memorial Day Weekend May 24 to May 26, 2019

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2019, 9:56 pm

Managed to run into two other Flyertalkers on the walking tour from Hyde Park today. Now enjoying an excellent lunch in the CBD with cocobird and plainsman.
krazykanuck and kirkwoodj like this.
Old May 22, 2019, 10:00 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
On extended ground delay here at IAH in UA101 for both extra baggage & more cleaning ( Per various sources) though doors are closed & they took drinks away for takeoff. I’ll get home someday...
restlessinRNO likes this.
Old May 22, 2019, 10:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, IHG Spire, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz P.C., GE/NEXUS
Boarding soon from LAX on UA98 (only coming for the dinners, heading to Melbourne afterwards), see y'all at the Clock tomorrow night!
Old May 23, 2019, 12:18 am

Woo Hoo one more sleep for me. Looks like I have the pleasure of travelling with two Kiwi Cousins on QF408 tomorrow morning. Perk + Perk_+1 I have no idea how to PM here so you might have to find me in the QF J lounge(red jacket)…can guest 2 if needed.
Old May 23, 2019, 1:16 am

Programs: UA1K, QF Plat, *A & Marriot Gold, OW Emerald, Hyatt Hertz PC CanPass Nexus APEC Global Entry

View of the light show at circular quay from he Marriott

Marriott lounge at 4:30 for Pre pre cocktails
QF WP and penegal like this.

Last edited by Jimmie Jet; May 23, 2019 at 11:37 pm
Old May 23, 2019, 6:13 am

Programs: QF LTG, VA Gold, BA Gold, HH, SFSC
Originally Posted by Eija
Woo Hoo one more sleep for me. Looks like I have the pleasure of travelling with two Kiwi Cousins on QF408 tomorrow morning. Perk + Perk_+1 I have no idea how to PM here so you might have to find me in the QF J lounge(red jacket)…can guest 2 if needed.
Up at the top right of your screen click on your name. Then click "Private Messages" from the drop down box. When the new page opens scroll down on the left and click "New message".
Eija likes this.
Old May 23, 2019, 2:36 pm

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Friday dawns and no sleeps left for me. I’m going to drop my bags at Hilton and then come to the restaurant for post dinner drinks. I’ll have been fed in the Virgin Lounge and onboard, plus will hit the Hilton EL for a top up.
Old May 23, 2019, 3:37 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
On the train into town. Will see if I can get settled at the Marriott and then improvise a morning/afternoon plan from there. Prob wander around a park or the botanical garden.
Old May 23, 2019, 3:43 pm

Programs: US, HH
I arrived last night and getting ready for breakfast at the Hilton, open to suggestions for meeting up/ wandering around today! I’ll be moving to my weekend hotel at some point today (IC).
Old May 23, 2019, 4:49 pm
Oz Fest organizers
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GrjApp
I arrived last night and getting ready for breakfast at the Hilton, open to suggestions for meeting up/ wandering around today! I’ll be moving to my weekend hotel at some point today (IC).
At least 6 others stayed in the Hilton Thursday night.

Links to

Last edited by Oz Fest; May 23, 2019 at 10:30 pm Reason: added links
Old May 23, 2019, 4:59 pm

Programs: QF OWE, NZ EP, Le Club Gold, HH Silver
Have just landed in Sydney after a quick overnight in Melbourne, in the J lounge in SYD using arrivals access, will head to Mascot station shortly then to the Sofitel. See you all tonight!
Old May 23, 2019, 5:41 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Vague plan to walk around the Botanic Garden area, eventually meeting up with GrjApp at The Calyx ~10:45-11ish. Toting a dark green backpack with a yellow FT tag.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/JB8RWyicnW6Nkwsm8
Old May 23, 2019, 6:59 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Checked in at Hilton, cleaning up work inbox. No firm plans, might hit up new microbrewery/bistro called Frenchies near Green Square for lunch and/or beers.
Old May 23, 2019, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
We're with Doral and others at the Calyx.

About to head out to wander around the park.

David

amend: goal is now Macquarie Point.
kirkwoodj likes this.

Last edited by DELee; May 23, 2019 at 7:17 pm
Old May 23, 2019, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Zorak
Toting a dark green backpack with a yellow FT tag.
I have a DL FO tag to donate to you when you get back to the US

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.