Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Oz Fest 16 Sydney, NSW, Australia. USA Memorial Day Weekend May 24 to May 26, 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oz Fest 16 Sydney, NSW, Australia. USA Memorial Day Weekend May 24 to May 26, 2019

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2019, 6:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by DELee
Yes - we are booked on the Grouponed Vivid Cruise for the 26th at 5:15 pm.

David
Was this offered on Groupon Australia or can it be booked on groupon.com?
Old May 3, 2019, 7:12 am

Programs: QF, AA, UA, AS, SW, CO
Originally Posted by cocobird
Thanks for putting the dinners together. I noticed the spreadsheets do not show me as coming to both dinners yet. Surprised since I paid for them within minutes of the dinner announcements. Is there an issue I should follow up with Eventbrite?
No issue, no need to follow up with Eventbrite! I don't know the real name on your receipt, however *you* have your receipt! Being busy at work I havnt compiled the booking list / then send through to OzFest organisers to have your Handle be posted up on the spreadsheet 😀. Will try to get to it over the weekend.
Old May 3, 2019, 7:56 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Aeroplan 25K, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Ozchinois
Also this is a lovely spot for brunch either on Saturday or Sunday. If there is interest I can enquire.
https://thegrounds.com.au/
Are there ladies in this group who might be interested in shopping? I can take a group on Saturday to the Rocks Market, Pitt St Mall including the Strand Arcade, QVB and maybe end up in the outlets in Market City Chinatown, weather permitting. We have some lovely cafes for morning/afternoon tea.
How kind of you. Yes, I'm always up for a good nosh and since this is my first visit to Australia, I should find a few things to bring home. Thank you kindly.
Old May 3, 2019, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Was this offered on Groupon Australia or can it be booked on groupon.com?
It's on Groupon Australia and there is a link to it on the 3rd post in this thread, which is helpful since there seems to be several different cruise options available when searching. If you don't have a groupon australia account you can sign up and use the code 'BRANDNEW' for 15% off your first groupon au purchase.
Old May 3, 2019, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by redtigeriii
It's on Groupon Australia and there is a link to it on the 3rd post in this thread, which is helpful since there seems to be several different cruise options available when searching. If you don't have a groupon australia account you can sign up and use the code 'BRANDNEW' for 15% off your first groupon au purchase.
Thank you for those tips. I just realized we can't make the cruise as we land in SYD at 17:05 on the 26th.
Old May 3, 2019, 2:07 pm

Programs: UA/EK(Gold) CX(Diamond) Marriott Gold Accor Platinum Hilton Diamond Shangri-la Jade
Thank you for those tips. I just realized we can't make the cruise as we land in SYD at 17:05 on the 26th.
Means you will miss the dinners on the 24th and 25th too?
Old May 3, 2019, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Means you will miss the dinners on the 24th and 25th too?
Yup. I'm in SYD from May 26-31.
Old May 3, 2019, 2:19 pm

Programs: UA/EK(Gold) CX(Diamond) Marriott Gold Accor Platinum Hilton Diamond Shangri-la Jade
Originally Posted by cocobird
How kind of you. Yes, I'm always up for a good nosh and since this is my first visit to Australia, I should find a few things to bring home. Thank you kindly.
Okay I will think of an easy meeting point probably around the Circular Quay area on Saturday 25th probably around 11.00 unless those interested would like to start with a breakfast gtg. We will start the shopping tour at the Rocks Market and I may just point out some interesting places you can shop in that area. Then we walk down to the Strand and QVB. Will not take you to places where it's generic all over the world. Will try to guide you towards Made in Australia stuff.
Old May 3, 2019, 10:47 pm

Drat! I fly out of SYD not long after you touch down
Old May 4, 2019, 3:38 am

Yup. I'm in SYD from May 26-31.
Perhaps we can try to meet up with you after the cruise. The cruise should finish at 7.15 pm. Where are you staying?
Old May 4, 2019, 5:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Perhaps we can try to meet up with you after the cruise. The cruise should finish at 7.15 pm. Where are you staying?
We're at Sheraton SYD. Since it's my sister's first time in Australia, we will surely head down to the harbor upon arrival.
Old May 4, 2019, 7:47 am

Is there a central location where we all get together or is it just during dinner?
Old May 4, 2019, 9:40 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Aeroplan 25K, UA Silver
I'm staying a few extra days after the Do. Does anyone want to hang out? Maybe the zoo, tour the Opera House, or go to the Blue Mountains?
Old May 4, 2019, 11:27 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Booked for Sunday 5:15pm Vivid Cruise ^
Old May 6, 2019, 3:21 am

Originally Posted by ac777
Is there a central location where we all get together or is it just during dinner?
Thanks Fredds for the nudge - am working on the locations for pre dinner drinks on both nights, from 6pm. Either at the venues, or close by.
That way, we can all catch up before dinner, though I'm sure there will still be lots of leaning across the table , and also those folk who can't make the actual dinners have a chance to join the group!

So, plan to be in the vicinity from 6pm, and I'll post details when I have them..

2 weeks to go, so please, if you are planning to come to the dinners, get your seats booked!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.