Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Oz Fest 16 Sydney, NSW, Australia. USA Memorial Day Weekend May 24 to May 26, 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oz Fest 16 Sydney, NSW, Australia. USA Memorial Day Weekend May 24 to May 26, 2019

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2019, 5:34 am

Hotel booked! I'll be staying at the Four Points Central Park for Friday and Saturday nights.
YYCowboy likes this.
Old May 6, 2019, 10:45 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Taste of Manly is going on both Saturday & Sunday in my old neighborhood if you’re looking for daytime activities. Just hop the ferry over. I’ll likely go on Saturday.
https://www.northernbeaches.nsw.gov....taste-of-manly
Old May 6, 2019, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Taste of Manly is going on both Saturday & Sunday in my old neighborhood if you’re looking for daytime activities. Just hop the ferry over. I’ll likely go on Saturday.
https://www.northernbeaches.nsw.gov....taste-of-manly
Best that I can figure is that entry to the event is free - one will have to separately pay for food, drink, music, etc. - is that true?

David
Old May 6, 2019, 6:43 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by DELee
Best that I can figure is that entry to the event is free - one will have to separately pay for food, drink, music, etc. - is that true?

David
yup exactly
Old May 6, 2019, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
yup exactly
hokay. that being said - cash (AU currency) only or is going from vendor to vendor with credit card workable?

David
Old May 6, 2019, 7:12 pm

hokay. that being said - cash (AU currency) only or is going from vendor to vendor with credit card workable?

David
No idea, come packin'!
Old May 6, 2019, 10:18 pm

Programs: QC Life, QFF Gold, VA Gold, HH nothing,IHG Gold

David
It does depend on vendor; a lot of businesses, as long as they aren't just a once a month type business now have credit card.facility.

One option bring USD, or have a credit card that can easily withdraw cash from an ATM.
Old May 6, 2019, 10:40 pm

Programs: QC Life, QFF Gold, VA Gold, HH nothing,IHG Gold
Oh and I paid for dinner for Saturday night, so I guess I will be around for part of Ozfest.
restlessinRNO and kirkwoodj like this.
Old May 7, 2019, 3:47 am

Programs: UA/EK(Gold) CX(Diamond) Marriott Gold Accor Platinum Hilton Diamond Shangri-la Jade
Originally Posted by Ozchinois
Okay I will think of an easy meeting point probably around the Circular Quay area on Saturday 25th probably around 11.00 unless those interested would like to start with a breakfast gtg. We will start the shopping tour at the Rocks Market and I may just point out some interesting places you can shop in that area. Then we walk down to the Strand and QVB. Will not take you to places where it's generic all over the world. Will try to guide you towards Made in Australia stuff.
Meeting point at 11.00 am Saturday 25th May will be at the front of Munich Brauhaus Sydney (formerly Lowenbrau Keller) at the corner of Playfair St & Argyle Street.
https://www.google.com.au/maps/place...!4d151.2080191
I will hold a board with "flyertalk" on it.
margarita girl and cocobird like this.
Old May 8, 2019, 11:15 am

Programs: UAL 1K (1.6 Million Miles), Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold
For Taste of Manly, you buy drink/food tickets at a central booth. I paid cash, not sure about cards. It's a great event -- tons of great food/wine/music.
Old May 11, 2019, 12:38 am

I'm in with a +1 Fights booked, 24 May MEL-SYD QF408 / 26 May SYD-MEL QF491. Staying with local +1...now to figure out how to book/pay for Fri & Sat diner to be sociable?
JessicaTam likes this.
Old May 11, 2019, 12:56 am
Oz Fest organizers
Original Poster

Eija Welcome to FT ^ (but do we know you on AFF?)
Originally Posted by Eija
I'm in with a +1 Fights booked, 24 May MEL-SYD QF408 / 26 May SYD-MEL QF491. Staying with local +1...now to figure out how to book/pay for Fri & Sat diner to be sociable?
Welcome aboard
So Eija and Eija_+1 [2 pax]?
Post 3 has the booking links

Links to

Subscribe to this thread using thread tools (top of the page).
Or just click here: Subscribe to Oz Fest 16 Sydney, NSW, Australia
Please PM Oz Fest any information, errors & omissions or email:- ozfest at mail.com (NOT gmail)
Old May 11, 2019, 5:20 pm

Be in Sydney for the weekend & will be there for dinner on the Saturday night.
Old May 11, 2019, 7:32 pm

[QUOTE=Oz Fest;31089244]Eija Welcome to FT ^ (but do we know you on AFF?)

Welcome aboard
So Eija and Eija_+1 [2 pax]?

Same handle on AFF "Eija". Correct, 2 pax.
Old May 11, 2019, 8:57 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Unfortunately I must move to Bronze. Perhaps next year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.