Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Save the date: Dec 06-Dec08 2019 - 6th Franconian DO NUE- Christmas Market Edition v2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Save the date: Dec 06-Dec08 2019 - 6th Franconian DO NUE- Christmas Market Edition v2

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2019, 3:31 am

Programs: A3 *Gold, AA Plat, AB Plat, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by dedehans
Dedehans + 1 very interested.....as long as we have 12 layers of clothing.,.....
Most likely you won't need 12 layers of clothing, most likely the temperatue will hover around freezing point, it might even be much warmer. The coldest periods in Germany are usually in January and February.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 2:11 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium / HH Diamond / Hyatt Explorist
Penciled in
Old Mar 4, 2019, 2:56 pm

Programs: QF LTG, VA Gold, BA Gold, HH, SFSC
Considering I was part of the beer garden discussion - and may have been rather forthright about getting a date sorted - I had better come. I have put in for annual leave for the weeks around the date, with "not negotiable" in the comments!

Lock me in with final confirmation in the next few weeks.

... Now to find a convoluted way of getting to NUE from MEL. Hmmm.
Governator likes this.
Old May 17, 2019, 7:41 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by JessicaTam

I’m doing SYD-ICN-FRA on OZ then a train arriving NUE Wednesday afternoon/evening (subject to change)
Only need departure flight on Sunday now, might need to head to FRA or MUC environs on Saturday evening.
polkacat likes this.
Old May 17, 2019, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj

I’m doing SYD-ICN-FRA on OZ then a train arriving NUE Wednesday afternoon/evening (subject to change)
Only need departure flight on Sunday now, might need to head to FRA or MUC environs on Saturday evening.
I will be coming from the AUH F1 GP the weekend before, so will miss you in Sydney. I probably won't leave until the Monday as I have a week to get home.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old May 18, 2019, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I'll be arriving Thursday afternoon/early evening depending on what kind of flight I can find from CDG. Departing Sunday TBD. Depends on whether I'm headed back to Paris or back to the US, which I won't know until the fall.
Old May 25, 2019, 7:37 pm

Programs: UA/EK(Gold) CX(Diamond) Marriott Gold Accor Platinum Hilton Diamond Shangri-la Jade
Heard about this last night at Ozfest 2019. Coincidentally have flights into Munich (for the Xmas markets including Salzburg) on the 2nd but will now head to NUE between 6th to 8th.
Old May 25, 2019, 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I'll be arriving Thursday afternoon/early evening depending on what kind of flight I can find from CDG. Departing Sunday TBD. Depends on whether I'm headed back to Paris or back to the US, which I won't know until the fall.
Let me know which side work falls, I have other friends in Paris and don't intend to work in December. If work is definite prior and only maybe after I'll definitely head to Paris first and make Munich fam/friends after.
kirkwoodj and johnnywho like this.
Old May 25, 2019, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by JessicaTam
Considering I was part of the beer garden discussion - and may have been rather forthright about getting a date sorted - I had better come. I have put in for annual leave for the weeks around the date, with "not negotiable" in the comments!

Lock me in with final confirmation in the next few weeks.

My leave has been approved, so I am now platinum!
kirkwoodj and nomadic.relief like this.
Old May 27, 2019, 5:18 pm

Programs: AA
Ticket purchased, so I'm now a definite yes. ^
kirkwoodj and JessicaTam like this.

Last edited by polkacat; Aug 13, 2019 at 3:05 pm
Old May 28, 2019, 8:42 pm

Programs: AC MM 50K, Marriott LTT
The date is on my calendar. Fond memories of attending the 1st Franconian DO NUE, and hope to make the 6th!
NewbieRunner likes this.
Old May 30, 2019, 3:35 pm

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
(As I suspected might happen) I have another engagement on this weekend, so I must bow out. Have fun everybody - the last NUE Christmas Markets Do was fabulous!
Governator likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 3:38 am

I have started booking! Well at least I have a hotel sorted. Hotel Marienbad just near the Hauptbahnhof. It is a flexible booking, so I will be keeping an eye out for other opportunities.

Edit: Friday-Monday.
kirkwoodj and nomadic.relief like this.

Last edited by JessicaTam; Aug 24, 2019 at 2:24 am
Old Aug 8, 2019, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, Marriott Tit
Originally Posted by SFOTerry
Date is saved!
Sorry, not gonna make it this year. Unless there's another eruption in Iceland or similar event.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 7:08 am

Programs: AA
I now have a +1 with me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.