Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Save the date: Dec 06-Dec08 2019 - 6th Franconian DO NUE- Christmas Market Edition v2

Save the date: Dec 06-Dec08 2019 - 6th Franconian DO NUE- Christmas Market Edition v2

Old Nov 24, 19, 9:00 am

Programs: UA GS 2MM, QFF Platinum, HH Diamond, HawaiianMiles
Sorry to miss you guys. Safe travels & holidays!!!
Old Nov 24, 19, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE View Post
Eventbrite registration should be up and running next weekend.
*cough* did I miss something?? The next weekend *IS* the DO at this point.
Old Nov 25, 19, 12:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: *G (TK elite), OW emerald (BA), ST elite plus (AF)
just to give you an update - i am pulling strings in the background - but it's not too easy at this time of the year.

One thing is for sure - if weather does not ruin the plan like last Christmas DO - Friday evening we visit the Romantic Christmas Market out of town.
Meeting place will be the Le Meridien bar from about 16:00 - we will take the train at 17:03 from Hauptbahnhof.
Train will cost 5,50€ per person for the roundtrip and entrance fee to the Christmas Market is 7€. There will be a 10 minute walk from the rail station to the market in Anwanden.

More details to be posted when the Saturday walking tours are confirmed.
Old Nov 25, 19, 8:52 am

Programs: AA
One thing is for sure - if weather does not ruin the plan like last Christmas DO - Friday evening we visit the Romantic Christmas Market out of town.
Meeting place will be the Le Meridien bar from about 16:00 - we will take the train at 17:03 from Hauptbahnhof.
I'm looking forward to exploring the Christmas markets! And the food and the beer. I'm sure it will be a fun time!

My +1 and I will be arriving in Nuremberg at 18:00 on Friday, if all goes as planned, and pausing long enough to throw our bags in the hotel before hopping on the train to meet you all.
Old Nov 25, 19, 7:44 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT 2MM, DL Lifetime GM 2MM, M+B Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Prem Elite, Kimpton IC
Thanks f0zzyNUE, sounds like great plans. FYI, I'm arriving NUE Thursday mid-day, anyone else coming in then? Also should we setup a WhatsApp group or other communication channel to share last minute updates? FWIW, I find it a bit tough to be checking FT threads while traveling.
Old Nov 26, 19, 6:01 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Coronavirus, Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Governator View Post
Thanks f0zzyNUE, sounds like great plans. FYI, I'm arriving NUE Thursday mid-day, anyone else coming in then? Also should we setup a WhatsApp group or other communication channel to share last minute updates? FWIW, I find it a bit tough to be checking FT threads while traveling.
Iím also arriving on Thursday afternoon and would be interested in meeting up with those arriving early.

I know FlyerTalk is cumbersome for real-time communication but if you subscribe to this thread and set up instant notification by email you should receive an email every time something new is posted in the thread.
polkacat and f0zzyNUE like this.
Old Nov 26, 19, 9:10 am

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT 2MM, DL Lifetime GM 2MM, M+B Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Prem Elite, Kimpton IC
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner View Post
Iím also arriving on Thursday afternoon and would be interested in meeting up with those arriving early.

I know FlyerTalk is cumbersome for real-time communication but if you subscribe to this thread and set up instant notification by email you should receive an email every time something new is posted in the thread.
Good point, I guess I was thinking of messages like "I'll meet you by the train station in 10 minutes" might not warrant a thread post.
Old Nov 26, 19, 10:35 am
Original Poster

Saturday early evening History Tramway ride opportunity: ... I could secure 11 tickets for a 50 minute ride in a historic Jugendstil tramway
You'll enjoy a 50 minute ride on the tram. Mulled wine and Lebkuchen will be served aboard and you can keep the collectible mulled wine
cup. The ticket price is 34€ per person and includes a 15€ donation.
The tickets must be confirmed until this Saturday - so pleas indicate when you are interested. First come, first serve.

Historic tramway ride in Jugendstil tram

Morning walking tour was confirmed today - 10:00 "Most beautiful corners of the Nuremberg Old Town" - ticket price about 10-15€.
The tour has a fixed price which will be divided by the number of participants.

Waiting for the confirmation of the afternoon tour which is themed around the Christmas Market.
JessicaTam likes this.

Last edited by f0zzyNUE; Nov 26, 19 at 10:44 am
Old Nov 26, 19, 10:38 am
Original Poster

Regarding those who arrive on Thursday - I'm happy to have dinner with you. Just let me know who is interested. Unfortunately I have to work until about 18:00 on Thursday, so I'm not available earlier.
Old Nov 26, 19, 10:49 am

What time is the historic tramway ride on Saturday?
Old Nov 26, 19, 10:59 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Coronavirus, Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
I am interested in the historic tramway ride assuming it can be fitted between the afternoon walk and ďfine diningĒ.
Old Nov 26, 19, 11:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj View Post
What time is the historic tramway ride on Saturday?
18:15
Old Nov 26, 19, 3:26 pm

Saturday early evening History Tramway ride opportunity: ... I could secure 11 tickets for a 50 minute ride in a historic Jugendstil tramway
You'll enjoy a 50 minute ride on the tram. Mulled wine and Lebkuchen will be served aboard and you can keep the collectible mulled wine
cup. The ticket price is 34Ä per person and includes a 15Ä donation.
The tickets must be confirmed until this Saturday - so pleas indicate when you are interested. First come, first serve.
Count me in.
Old Nov 26, 19, 4:22 pm

Iím in for tramway
Old Nov 26, 19, 4:31 pm

Tramway please!!!
kirkwoodj likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: