FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   CommunityBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz-380/)
-   -   Save the date: Dec 06-Dec08 2019 - 6th Franconian DO NUE- Christmas Market Edition v2 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz/1912391-save-date-dec-06-dec08-2019-6th-franconian-do-nue-christmas-market-edition-v2.html)

johnnywho Feb 22, 2019 3:31 am

Originally Posted by dedehans (Post 30696650)
Dedehans + 1 very interested.....as long as we have 12 layers of clothing.,.....

Most likely you won't need 12 layers of clothing, most likely the temperatue will hover around freezing point, it might even be much warmer. The coldest periods in Germany are usually in January and February.

TravelKane Feb 28, 2019 2:11 am

Penciled in

JessicaTam Mar 4, 2019 2:56 pm

Considering I was part of the beer garden discussion - and may have been rather forthright about getting a date sorted - I had better come. :cool: I have put in for annual leave for the weeks around the date, with "not negotiable" in the comments! :D

Lock me in with final confirmation in the next few weeks.

... Now to find a convoluted way of getting to NUE from MEL. Hmmm. ;)

kirkwoodj May 17, 2019 7:41 am

Originally Posted by JessicaTam (Post 30847718)

I’m doing SYD-ICN-FRA on OZ then a train arriving NUE Wednesday afternoon/evening (subject to change)
Only need departure flight on Sunday now, might need to head to FRA or MUC environs on Saturday evening.

JessicaTam May 17, 2019 8:59 am

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj (Post 31110968)

I’m doing SYD-ICN-FRA on OZ then a train arriving NUE Wednesday afternoon/evening (subject to change)
Only need departure flight on Sunday now, might need to head to FRA or MUC environs on Saturday evening.

I will be coming from the AUH F1 GP the weekend before, so will miss you in Sydney. I probably won't leave until the Monday as I have a week to get home.

krazykanuck May 18, 2019 8:04 pm

I'll be arriving Thursday afternoon/early evening depending on what kind of flight I can find from CDG. Departing Sunday TBD. Depends on whether I'm headed back to Paris or back to the US, which I won't know until the fall.

Ozchinois May 25, 2019 7:37 pm

Heard about this last night at Ozfest 2019. Coincidentally have flights into Munich (for the Xmas markets including Salzburg) on the 2nd but will now head to NUE between 6th to 8th.

nomadic.relief May 25, 2019 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by krazykanuck (Post 31115603)
I'll be arriving Thursday afternoon/early evening depending on what kind of flight I can find from CDG. Departing Sunday TBD. Depends on whether I'm headed back to Paris or back to the US, which I won't know until the fall.

Let me know which side work falls, I have other friends in Paris and don't intend to work in December. If work is definite prior and only maybe after I'll definitely head to Paris first and make Munich fam/friends after. ;)

JessicaTam May 25, 2019 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by JessicaTam (Post 30847718)
Considering I was part of the beer garden discussion - and may have been rather forthright about getting a date sorted - I had better come. :cool: I have put in for annual leave for the weeks around the date, with "not negotiable" in the comments! :D

Lock me in with final confirmation in the next few weeks.

My leave has been approved, so I am now platinum! :D

polkacat May 27, 2019 5:18 pm

Ticket purchased, so I'm now a definite yes. ^

Melville May 28, 2019 8:42 pm

The date is on my calendar. Fond memories of attending the 1st Franconian DO NUE, and hope to make the 6th!

HPN-HRL May 30, 2019 3:35 pm

(As I suspected might happen) I have another engagement on this weekend, so I must bow out. Have fun everybody - the last NUE Christmas Markets Do was fabulous!

JessicaTam Aug 7, 2019 3:38 am

I have started booking! Well at least I have a hotel sorted. Hotel Marienbad just near the Hauptbahnhof. It is a flexible booking, so I will be keeping an eye out for other opportunities.

Edit: Friday-Monday.

SFOTerry Aug 8, 2019 10:51 am

Originally Posted by SFOTerry (Post 29835179)
Date is saved!

Sorry, not gonna make it this year. Unless there's another eruption in Iceland or similar event. :rolleyes:

polkacat Aug 16, 2019 7:08 am

I now have a +1 with me.