Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Save the date: Dec 06-Dec08 2019 - 6th Franconian DO NUE- Christmas Market Edition v2

Save the date: Dec 06-Dec08 2019 - 6th Franconian DO NUE- Christmas Market Edition v2

Old Dec 10, 19, 4:46 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Coronavirus, Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Yay! I must put the dates in the diary to maintain my perfect attendance record.

Thanks f0zzyNUE for organising the excellent weekend. ^ I find and learn something new every time I visit Nuremberg and am looking forward to meeting new and old friends in 18 months’ time.
polkacat, f0zzyNUE and JessicaTam like this.
Old Dec 10, 19, 10:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: *G (TK elite), OW emerald (BA), ST elite plus (AF)

Finally a big "Dankeschön" to all attendees for coming, being on time at meeting spots, not getting lost during the walking tours (well except one lost soul in the Christmas market crowds ), not getting too drunk and showing up completely at the airport brunch!

Many thanks for every drink you invited me to and all the small presents.

I'll be happy to welcoming you back in NUE in June 2021 for the 7th edition!

See you next time or at another DO.
polkacat, SFOTerry, bk3day and 3 others like this.
Old Dec 13, 19, 2:39 pm

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
Back from Paris and popping in to express my belated thanks to f0zzyNUE for all his efforts in organizing another fantastic DO!

As always, it was great to see old friends and meet new ones.
polkacat likes this.
Old Dec 14, 19, 12:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bk3day View Post
Back from Paris and popping in to express my belated thanks to f0zzyNUE for all his efforts in organizing another fantastic DO!

As always, it was great to see old friends and meet new ones.
I hope you could successfully navigate through Paris during your stay.
Old Dec 17, 19, 7:14 am

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE View Post
I hope you could successfully navigate through Paris during your stay.
Aloha from HNL & thanks!

The strike had its moments...mostly because I was staying South of the city (Arcueil) and the status of what transit was affected changed frequently. Had I been staying in the city center, the impact would've been minimal.

FYI, entrance to the NUE lounge is no longer handled by the airport info desk. They refused to give me a code & told me if no Lounge agent was on duty, I would need to speak with someone at Movenpick? Of course, there was no agent at the entry when I arrived but luckily one eventually showed up.
Old Jan 10, 20, 10:35 am
Original Poster

We were lucky to have one of the last Sunday brunches at Terminal90. The location will close tomorrow. We will see what will follow to keep the airport brunch tradition alive.
Old Jan 10, 20, 11:18 am

Programs: UA GS 2MM, QFF Platinum, HH Diamond, HawaiianMiles
We were lucky to have one of the last Sunday brunches at Terminal90. The location will close tomorrow. We will see what will follow to keep the airport brunch tradition alive.
Perhaps they'll have something else by Summer 2021
polkacat likes this.
Old Mar 24, 21, 8:09 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT 2MM, DL Lifetime GM 2MM, M+B Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Prem Elite, Kimpton IC
Hey f0zzyNUE, any chance of a December 2021 DO for the Christmas markets this winter?
Old Mar 25, 21, 1:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Governator View Post
Hey f0zzyNUE, any chance of a December 2021 DO for the Christmas markets this winter?
Hi, thanks for asking. I don't plan anything for 2021 as the corona situation is still too fragile and unpredictable - especially here in Germany where we are way behind the vaccination schedule. Lots of summer festivals are already cancelled.
MayJune 2022 might be more realistic. In case anyone plans to come to the Christmas market - I am happy to be around.
Calchas likes this.
Old Mar 25, 21, 4:13 am

Programs: QF Plat, VA Copper, BA Gold, HH, SFSC
Hi, thanks for asking. I don't plan anything for 2021 as the corona situation is still too fragile and unpredictable - especially here in Germany where we are way behind the vaccination schedule. Lots of summer festivals are already cancelled.
MayJune 2022 might be more realistic. In case anyone plans to come to the Christmas market - I am happy to be around.
Much as I would like to get over this year, I think it unlikely.

I will be in Oberammergau on the 29th May 2022
Old Mar 25, 21, 9:19 am

Programs: UA GS 2MM, QFF Platinum, HH Diamond, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by JessicaTam View Post
Much as I would like to get over this year, I think it unlikely.

I will be in Oberammergau on the 29th May 2022
To the Beer Moat!
JessicaTam likes this.
Old Mar 25, 21, 10:00 am

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT 2MM, DL Lifetime GM 2MM, M+B Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Prem Elite, Kimpton IC
Thanks for the feedback! I might look at flights for December and put something together. Worst that can happen is I have to cancel.
Old Mar 26, 21, 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by Governator View Post
Thanks for the feedback! I might look at flights for December and put something together. Worst that can happen is I have to cancel.
Availability looks to be no problem (not a surprise). I'm going to book something for the weekend of Dec 3-5, 2021. Encourage any previous or new Franconian fans to join me and f0zzyNUE. Open to suggestions on other side trips to combine this with. After all the DOs have to re-start somewhere.
JessicaTam likes this.
Old Mar 29, 21, 7:51 am
Original Poster

BTW - for the brave that intend to come to the Christmas Market in December - there is a deal on travelzoo.com for the LeMeridien - 99€ per night including breakfast, admission to "Neues Museum" (museum for modern arts), late checkout until 15:00, upgrade upon availability.
you purchase a voucher - valid until 31.12.21 - voucher can be reimbursed if travel plans change. - for mutliple nights you have to buy mutliple vouchers.

Last edited by f0zzyNUE; Mar 29, 21 at 8:12 am

Search this Thread
Search Engine: