FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   CommunityBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz-380/)
-   -   The Boston Summer Do! June 18, 2018 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz/1911641-boston-summer-do-june-18-2018-a.html)

mikeef May 29, 2018 9:03 am

The Boston Summer Do! June 18, 2018

It's back, and better than before! Well, it's back, anyway.

The Boston summer Do is on the way and, with any luck, we'll be outside on the patio at Kinsale. I'm scheduling it for Monday, June 18 at 6pm. For those who are new, and we like our new people, it is relatively casual and located by the Government Center T stop.

Do I need to bring anything? Just your ideas and a notebook to write stuff down. Remember, what happens at the Do stays at the Do. These things tend to get a little wild and crazy.*

Does it cost anything? No, unless you order food or drink. If you do, one person will pay the check and you should pay that person what you spent, plus 25% for tax and tip. Keep track.

Are you a weird cult or trying to sell me something? As to the first part of the question, we spend half our life on Flyertalk talking about intangible assets. What do you think? As to the second part, no. We promise not to sell you anything bought or processed. Or buy anything sold or processed. Or process anything bought or sold.

Will I have fun? Yes!

Did I just copy the stuff from the last Do because I'm too lazy to re-write it? Of course.

I'm going to try and figure out how to start a wiki above so you can indicate as a yes, no or maybe (unless you are a certain moderator who shall remain unnamed, who is not allowed to use the "maybe" label). Since we do need to make a reservation, please try to have an answer by the 9th. Obviously, there's no such thing as a hard deadline. If you don't have wiki access, just leave a note in the thread and I'll update it. And while it's usually mostly Boston people, we really appreciate it when out-of-towners come, so we can hear a little about the outside world.

See you soon!
Mike

*No Boston Do in the history of the world has ever gotten wild and crazy. Maybe wild. Maybe crazy. But never both.

JY1024 May 29, 2018 9:18 am

Should be able to make it!

macrophage May 29, 2018 9:49 am

See y'all there!

ZapperO May 29, 2018 9:51 am

Finally back in Boston during a do!!! See everyone soon!

henhen May 29, 2018 1:17 pm

should be able to make it

ddrum2000 May 30, 2018 4:53 am

I'll try to be there

NJFlyer_HOHO May 30, 2018 6:34 am

I maybe back in Boston that week to attend. Will keep you posted.

CDKing May 30, 2018 9:54 pm

Jet lag from Oz fest and then BRT should be over by then so count me in.

Cloudship Jun 4, 2018 2:13 pm

Finally a day I can make!

hi55us Jun 5, 2018 8:17 am

Should be able to make it

mikeef Jun 6, 2018 6:44 am

Originally Posted by hi55us (Post 29831153)
Should be able to make it

Good, nice to have you back!

Mike

financialhippie Jun 10, 2018 8:08 am

I'll be there!

sexykitten7 Jun 10, 2018 8:03 pm

Count me in! And the next Maine Meetup will be the BGR Golf Do on the 23rd.

HeadyT Jun 10, 2018 9:15 pm

I'm fairly new to FT so it looks like I haven't made enough posts to edit the Wiki, but I'll be there!

JY1024 Jun 11, 2018 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by HeadyT (Post 29851933)
I'm fairly new to FT so it looks like I haven't made enough posts to edit the Wiki, but I'll be there!

^ Added you to the wiki!