Wiki Posts
Search

I've spent 20 years on FlyerTalk

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2020, 2:36 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
It seems like I hit a 19th year anniversary today. I have posted continuously at least once every 3-5 days for nearly 15 years straight. One more year to see if I make it to 20 years in the same way.
Rudi likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 3:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Truth. It's a pleasure to know you. I'm expecting to see you in San Diego one of these days when people can attend baseball games and the Cubs are here.
It would be nice to attend a baseball game anywhere at this point, but San Diego would indeed be nice.
richard, dhammer53 and GUWonder like this.
Old Jul 10, 2020, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by GUWonder
It seems like I hit a 19th year anniversary today. I have posted continuously at least once every 3-5 days for nearly 15 years straight. One more year to see if I make it to 20 years in the same way.
100K the hard way!

David
Old Jul 10, 2020, 11:41 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Congratulations.
Rudi likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2020, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
There must be a thread especially designed for 19th anniversaries. All these "'wanna bees" and "I'm so close-ers" keep polluting this thread!
curt, dhammer53 and GUWonder like this.
Old Jul 11, 2020, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
There must be a thread especially designed for 19th anniversaries. All these "'wanna bees" and "I'm so close-ers" keep polluting this thread!
oof.

David
Old Jul 11, 2020, 1:33 pm
Suspended

In your honor, someone should start the coming week with a fresh one celebrating the 21st anniversary. After all, it means you meet the American drinking age outside of religious establishments and select taverns without supposedly mature supervision.
Eastbay1K likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In your honor, someone should start the coming week with a fresh one celebrating the 21st anniversary. After all, it means you meet the American drinking age outside of religious establishments and select taverns without supposedly mature supervision.
I just checked. In fact, that was yesterday. That must be why I enjoyed some wine outside of a religious establishment, and when I looked in the mirror, there was clearly no mature supervision in the house.

I'll simply celebrate my "21 years and a day" today, alone ... until haircut time.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 10:37 am
Suspended

I just checked. In fact, that was yesterday. That must be why I enjoyed some wine outside of a religious establishment, and when I looked in the mirror, there was clearly no mature supervision in the house.

I'll simply celebrate my "21 years and a day" today, alone ... until haircut time.
Some consider Sunday the start of a new week. Some consider Monday. Either way, I’ll say happy 21st, as I already knew the day for you. I would have thought you would have a supply of pisco sour at the ready before and after yesterday.
Old Jul 14, 2020, 12:07 am

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
As fate would have it, a few hours later California shut down hair salons and barbershops in ~30 counties, ~80% of the state's population!

Happy 21 years.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2020, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.

Mazel tov on 21. I'm fast approaching 20. FYI, I was here earlier; but couldn't remember my password, so I had to re-register. Back in those days, FT had less than 3000 members, with limited threads.

dh
GUWonder likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2020, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Some consider Sunday the start of a new week. Some consider Monday. Either way, I’ll say happy 21st, as I already knew the day for you. I would have thought you would have a supply of pisco sour at the ready before and after yesterday.
I think you\re going to be the first person to go over the 100,000 post mark then. I think I must be approaching the 20 year threshold myself but I certainly haven't been consistent in posting, with quite a few long gaps along the way. Still, it's been a useful resource and I hope I have been able to give a little bit back along the way.

Just seen: I joined in Feb 2002, so I have a little way to go yet. As an aside, I remember there being an interesting talkboard at Airwise back in those days. Did that just disappear in the end?
dhammer53 likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2020, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Concerto
I think you\re going to be the first person to go over the 100,000 post mark then. I think I must be approaching the 20 year threshold myself but I certainly haven't been consistent in posting, with quite a few long gaps along the way. Still, it's been a useful resource and I hope I have been able to give a little bit back along the way.

Perhaps a new title for those with 100K posts, like FT Idiot Savant?
Perhaps a new title for those with 20+ years, like FT Geriatric?
Rudi likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2020, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Perhaps a new title for those with 100K posts, like FT Idiot Savant?
Perhaps a new title for those with 20+ years, like FT Geriatric?
100K posts: FT GUWish? Joe Cortez Jr.?

20+ years: FT Esteemed Elder?

David
Old Jul 16, 2020, 11:56 am
mjm
Original Member

Originally Posted by DELee
100K posts: FT GUWish? Joe Cortez Jr.?

20+ years: FT Esteemed Elder?

David
Nah, I'll stick with "Original Member". Even that is a bit of a misnomer as it was given to those who were there in 1998. Before that iteration of FT, there were several of us around and kibitzing all things flying. Even without the fancy interface it has evolved to, it was just as addictive on a grayscale monitor vertically oriented on my Mac LCIII running System 7 with a 28.8 connection. A great ride and so many good people along the way.
dhammer53 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.