Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cow Do XIV (EZE) - Aug 31 to Sep 03, 2018

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2018, 2:57 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Actually, the Monday tasting is different because the weekday schedule of the Hotel is different. This means that on Monday we will begin the Tasting at 1130AM, giving us time to have the Lunch start on time and have folks that need to head to the AIrport directly from Lunch get to EZE on time....

Originally Posted by MsEverywhere
Ok, if the Saturday wine tasting is pushed back, I'm sure you'll let us know if the same holds for Monday.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 4:03 am

soupxxxx+1 arrived yesterday and are staying at Hotel Naval Central bear the Sheraton,
Old Aug 31, 2018, 5:37 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM/AC; UA Silver; AS; DL; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
In the past, I've taken taxis to get around. Would Uber be a safe and less expensive option now? Many of the restaurant listings in Trip Advisor give an estimated Uber fare.

Do some of the restaurants have WiFi? I'm supposed to have data here but some of my mobile apps don't seem to work unless I'm on WiFi.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 6:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
So far, I've had taxi fares under AR$200 for reasonably long distances across town but without traffic jams. YMMV.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 4:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Given the still somewhat problematic state of affairs with Uber here in Buenos Aires, I would recommend not using the service. Taxis are currently such a great value (in USD terms) that I think that the savings are just not significant and do not repay the potential risks of bumping into a militant unionized Taxi driver that wants to take things into his own hands..... its just not worth it.

In the past, I've taken taxis to get around. Would Uber be a safe and less expensive option now? Many of the restaurant listings in Trip Advisor give an estimated Uber fare.

Do some of the restaurants have WiFi? I'm supposed to have data here but some of my mobile apps don't seem to work unless I'm on WiFi.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 4:37 am
Original Poster

How was El Pobre Luis yesterday......?

Look forward to meeting everybody at the Wine Tasting today, we will begin at 1230.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 6:09 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM/AC; UA Silver; AS; DL; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
EPL was fine. We had the bright idea to order a few steaks to share instead of everyone ordering their own. It cost a lot less and there was still plenty left over.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 6:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Lots of very good dead cow and I thought their version of the grilled cheese appetizer was much better than that at Fervor. It was also fun to do the large format wine bottles, Malbec Cab Tannat blend.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 8:43 am
Original Poster

Glad to hear..... although communal orders at such a large table can lead to issues with how cooked (or raw) each person likes their meat. I usually suggest doing shared orders amongst pairs rather than chinese style throw everything in the middle, but no matter - I guess it all worked out in the end.

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Lots of very good dead cow and I thought their version of the grilled cheese appetizer was much better than that at Fervor. It was also fun to do the large format wine bottles, Malbec Cab Tannat blend.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 8:44 am
Original Poster

We will talk a little about what to order at La Cabrera during the Wine Tasting....... there is a lot more out there than just Lomo !!!!!

EPL was fine. We had the bright idea to order a few steaks to share instead of everyone ordering their own. It cost a lot less and there was still plenty left over.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 9:09 am
Original Poster

We are just about ready to begin the tasting.....

Old Sep 1, 2018, 9:19 am
Original Poster

Folks are slowly coming in.....

MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 9:20 am
Original Poster

MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 9:21 am
Original Poster

MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 10:50 am

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
Enjoy the tasting

Make the malbec pour like water :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.