Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cow Do XIV (EZE) - Aug 31 to Sep 03, 2018

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2018, 8:01 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Friendly reminder to those that havent yet announced their attendance to each of the Do's events (meals, wine tastings, etc.).... look forward to your update as soon as you have a moment.

Thanks !!!
Old Aug 15, 2018, 1:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'm in for both dinners and probably for Friday and Saturday lunch, although I always think that it's too much food to have both lunch and dinner on the same day in Buenos Aires, given that I typically enjoy a big late breakfast.

As for the wine tasting, I'm in for Saturday but unfortunately will be flying back to the USA on Sunday night rather than Monday night this year as I need to be back and functional on Tuesday.

I'll be at the Park Hyatt. Although the boutique headquarters hotel looks lovely, at this point I need those Hyatt nights to requalify for Globalist (and I really love the PH, so I'm very happy to stay there again this year).

BTW, I'm arriving somewhat early (by a few days) into Buenos Aires, so please PM me if anyone else is doing the same.
FlyingCow likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 6:35 am

Schedule

soupxxxx + 1: Friday - lunch and dinner, Saturday - wine tasting, lunch and dinner, Monday - wine tasting and lunch.
FlyingCow likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 9:34 am

Programs: BA*GGL, A3*G, AF*P, VS*S
Originally Posted by CEB
While i have never attended one of these 'dos' i would love the opportunity. Unfortunately i will be in EZE 16-21 August rather than the end of the month, however it would be great to meet a fellow FlyerTalker! We will be at the Sheraton Libertador and leave EZE at 09:50 on the 21st. Feel free to drop a note if there is a possibility for you to show off your city for an hour or so and share a drink. If not, no worries as this would be a first for me in any case.

Best wishes and please have a fantastic Cow Do XIV!
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Ive just sent you a PM.
I'm also in town now and fly off on 27th, but would be happy to join if you want to turn it into a little mini-do/warm-up.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Thanks to everybody for your updates on event attendance. I will post your selections on the 1st page.

The countdown has begun !!!!
Old Aug 19, 2018, 10:45 pm

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
Thinking about joining with my wife. Never been to Argentina. Is seven days long too long in EZE?

Edit:
Booked/confirmed one-way, Arriving Sep 1 10h UA 979. No idea when leaving nor where sleeping.

DrunkCargo+1 is interested in both wine tastings, and it looks like only 18 out of 20 so far?
Also in for Lunch/Dinner on Saturday, Lunch on Monday... and no clue Sunday.

Last edited by DrunkCargo; Aug 20, 2018 at 2:09 am
Old Aug 20, 2018, 4:08 am

Programs: FB Platinum
Originally Posted by DrunkCargo
Thinking about joining with my wife. Never been to Argentina. Is seven days long too long in EZE?

Edit:
Booked/confirmed one-way, Arriving Sep 1 10h UA 979. No idea when leaving nor where sleeping.

DrunkCargo+1 is interested in both wine tastings, and it looks like only 18 out of 20 so far?
Glad you took the plunge! I’d say seven days is definitely not too long in BA, but I might be biased since it’s my home town

You can always plan day trips if it gets too much; there’s a wealth of info in the Argentina sub forum for ideas, and you’re welcome to PM me for any questions.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 5:18 am
Original Poster

Excellent News !!!! I will add you to the list on the 1st page. Just sent you a PM, please email me so I can put you in touch with the Hotel, Im pretty sure they still have a few rooms available. You are confirmed for all the events that you listed, look forward to having you guys !!!!

Look forward to receiving your email.

Cheers,
Alex / Gaucho100K

Originally Posted by DrunkCargo

Edit:

Old Aug 20, 2018, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Folks, for those that have some extra space in your luggage, Im looking to purchase some items from Amazon to be brought down here to EZE.... its nothing electronic, we are talking about one pair or Rollerblades, sneakers and soccer cleats, clothing items, etc. If anybody is up for this, please let me know ASAP and we will sort out details by PM and or email. Thanks !!!!!
Old Aug 20, 2018, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

The Monday Lunch Venue is now fixed.... we will be having a Dry-Aged Beef Experience at Somos Asado a new establishment started by the ex-manager of Pura Tierra (a restaurant known by many of the regular Cow Do participants). Pura Tierra closed recently after over 20 years of operations, so it was great that Gustavo Portela (the owner) was able to continue in the business, now as Skipper of his own boat. Gustavo decided he wanted to give his own twist to Dry Aged Argentine Beef in a distinct, no-frills but very cool setting which blends the traditional Buenos Aires "bodegon" ambiance with serious attention to ingredients. We will be having a Set Menu Experience, of course focused on the Beef but with a true local character. I will be posting the details of the menu later this week, but the format will be set menu and a 3 label wine program. Needless to say, the wines featured at this Lunch will not be the same as those on the morning Wine Tasting list - the idea is for folks to be able to experience as many wines as possible.

Price per person will be AR$2100 (this includes food, wine and non-alcoholic drinks) - only gratuity is not included. Cash only please.
FlyingCow likes this.

Last edited by Gaucho100K; Aug 20, 2018 at 3:07 pm
Old Aug 20, 2018, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Gaucho100K, I just booked a day trip for the Monday portion. Flight arrives probably too late for 11am wine tasting (AA931: 9am arrival from MIA) but should be no problem to fit in the "Dry-Age Beef experience" before my return flight 9:34 PM to JFK (AA 954). Wish i could stay longer. Obviously no hotel needed.

This will be my first time in South America sooo this should be interesting trying to get to and from the airport. so far in my preliminary search tells me i should hire a shuttle to drop me off and pick me up from a local hotel. Unless someone has a seat in their ride to the airport and want to split cost.

Last edited by CDKing; Aug 20, 2018 at 3:54 pm
Old Aug 20, 2018, 4:01 pm
Original Poster

Hello CDKing-- Great to hear you will be joining us, its going to be an exciting Monday for you !!!!

Ive just sent you a PM, I think we have a good chance to make your appearance at the Wine Tasting be a reality. Look forward to hearing from you and we can work on the details.

Cheers,
Alex / Gaucho100K
Old Aug 23, 2018, 8:55 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by SEA777GUY
Count me in for everything. Arrive early AM on the 31st. Staying at the Sheraton
Which Sheraton?There are two in BsAs, Libertador in the old downtown CBD and a somewhat newer one at convention center, co-located with the SPG LC Park Towers or some similar name.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 12:27 am

PSA for those with Starwood reservations: In case you haven't been following the Starriott merger mess, be sure to bring a hard copy of your reservation and a recent printout showing your elite status. It would also be good to be able to tell the hotel your *new* SPG number. Better yet would be to contact the hotel in advance by email and ask them to please reconfirm your reservation. People have been having trouble with (1) reservations disappearing, (2) points/nights/stay credit not posting, and (3) elite status showing incorrectly, among other issues caused by the IT "we are all together now" *work* done over the weekend. Be prepared.

ADDED: You should also verify that your profile is still set to earn points and not miles if you participated in the crossover program with DL.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 11:39 am
Original Poster

Friday Lunch reservation is confirmed. Booking made under the name FLYERTALK. We will be having a table in the upstairs section.

I will try to be there a few minutes early, shortly before 1200 noon.
FlyingCow likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.