FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   CommunityBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz-380/)
-   -   YVR Do September 14-16, 2018 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz/1901233-yvr-do-september-14-16-2018-a.html)

CDKing Aug 14, 18 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by Smiley90 (Post 30083120)
You mean CX F?

Yep, just corrected above. Thanks for the heads up.

DrunkCargo Aug 16, 18 6:23 pm

In. Confirmed.

canopus27 Aug 16, 18 6:47 pm

YVR? Add me as a probable.

nomadic.relief Aug 16, 18 11:09 pm

Okay, so I know I've been terribly delinquent in posting, but here is the Eventbrite link for YVR Do signup (also to be added to the wiki shortly). Please sign up for walking tours/dinners so I have proper numbers to give venues, there may be some wiggle room for people who try signing up after all "tickets" are gone, but not much. For the flights I have had to go with Eventbrite pre-payment as I have to reserve the flights in advance with names, which unfortunately bumped the price up to $188 CDN with their fees. If something has to be changed after booking, please notify me by PM ASAP and I'll see what I can sort out.

Friday night dinner: Craft Beer Market - a place with 100+ beers on tap. I did promise beer.
Saturday night dinner: Yaletown Brewing Company (menu) - okay, more beer wasn't supposed to be the plan, but the food is good, and most importantly they'll allow a group of just over 30 to order directly from the menu, rather than forcing a set menu or "family style dining" ... I had no idea how difficult it would be to avoid that with semi-large groups in Vancouver!!

I'll go update the map next.

jrl767 Aug 16, 18 11:27 pm

two thumbs up for nomadic.relief ó the menus look **GREAT** !!

I also noted an eponymous Distillery adjacent to the Brewing Company ...

nomadic.relief Aug 16, 18 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by jrl767 (Post 30092496)
two thumbs up for nomadic.relief ó the menus look **GREAT** !!

I also noted an eponymous Distillery adjacent to the Brewing Company ...

I like to keep options open for those with different tastes. ;)

jrl767 Aug 16, 18 11:36 pm

and there is absolutely nothing that says we can’t (or, more likely, won’t) do both :D

ANC RED-EYE Aug 17, 18 12:40 am

Originally Posted by nomadic.relief (Post 30092475)
Okay, so I know I've been terribly delinquent in posting, but here is the Eventbrite link for YVR Do signup (also to be added to the wiki shortly). Please sign up for walking tours/dinners so I have proper numbers to give venues, there may be some wiggle room for people who try signing up after all "tickets" are gone, but not much. For the flights I have had to go with Eventbrite pre-payment as I have to reserve the flights in advance with names, which unfortunately bumped the price up to $188 CDN with their fees. If something has to be changed after booking, please notify me by PM ASAP and I'll see what I can sort out.

Friday night dinner: Craft Beer Market - a place with 100+ beers on tap. I did promise beer.
Saturday night dinner: Yaletown Brewing Company (menu) - okay, more beer wasn't supposed to be the plan, but the food is good, and most importantly they'll allow a group of just over 30 to order directly from the menu, rather than forcing a set menu or "family style dining" ... I had no idea how difficult it would be to avoid that with semi-large groups in Vancouver!!

I'll go update the map next.

Thanks! Looks great! Will there be costs associated with the walking tours?

NewbieRunner Aug 17, 18 2:33 am

Thanks, nomadic.relief, for putting together a great programme. Iíve registered!

Majuki Aug 17, 18 5:11 am

Originally Posted by nomadic.relief (Post 30092475)
Okay, so I know I've been terribly delinquent in posting, but here is the Eventbrite link for YVR Do signup.

I signed up for the Saturday and Sunday morning activities.

greendx Aug 17, 18 8:24 am

I'm in. Flights booked, staying at the Park Inn.

Bohemian1 Aug 17, 18 11:46 am

Signed up for Saturday dinner.

Still up for pre-Friday dinner beverages (any time past 3:00) if anyone is around.

Altaflyer Aug 17, 18 12:20 pm

Iím in!

Just noticed this and happen to be in Vancouver already so a no brainer :) Arrive Friday morning in Vancouver.....

jrl767 Aug 17, 18 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by Bohemian1 (Post 30094406)
Signed up for Saturday dinner.

Still up for pre-Friday dinner beverages (any time past 3:00) if anyone is around.

well ... the dinner venue website says they have $5 local drafts (and house wines, and highballs) during Happy Hour 1500-1800 ;)

Bohemian1 Aug 17, 18 2:11 pm

That could work.

I like to be happy on Fridays!