Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Ann Arbor Art Fair DO 14 (DTW) July 21-22, 2018

Ann Arbor Art Fair DO 14 (DTW) July 21-22, 2018

Old Jul 20, 2018, 8:07 am
  #136  
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: West Bloomfield, MI USA
Programs: Delta DM (2 Mil),IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 10
George, I hope to make your party tonight. Unfortunately, I won’t know if I can till the last minute.

Thanks,

Larry
kaptab is offline  
Old Jul 20, 2018, 10:12 am
  #137  
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 2
Planning to come to the talk only. Thanks for organizing again.
LHA2 is offline  
Old Jul 20, 2018, 5:41 pm
  #138  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Posts: 4,212
Originally Posted by Bikeguy
Reminder that if you are on FaceBook, search for and join the Ann Arbor Art Fair DO Group.

You will get the latest info this way and possibly be able to meet up with others in town early or late.
Okay I sent a request to join the group.

I'll be joining you guys tomorrow afternoon, evening, and for brunch Sunday morning. See ya soon!!
GrizShel is offline  
Old Jul 21, 2018, 9:28 am
  #139  
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan
Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Posts: 3,041
I will be coming late to the festivities today. Apologies to the speaker who goes first!

I just returned from a 15 mile run. And everything hurts!

Thanks to all who came to my party last night. It was nice to see you all!
gpapadop is offline  
Old Jul 21, 2018, 8:24 pm
  #140  
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: TLV now - formerly LAS
Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Posts: 7,363
After party is raging at the Hyatt Place on the side patio by Burger King.
Mrp Alert is offline  
Old Jul 22, 2018, 6:56 am
  #141  
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: CMH
Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG/*A Gold
Posts: 1,203
Sunday dinner?

We're staying over Sunday. Anyone else? Meet for dinner? Zingerman's?

Last edited by rxgeek; Jul 22, 2018 at 7:21 am
rxgeek is offline  
Old Jul 23, 2018, 5:00 am
  #142  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicagoland, IL, USA
Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 14,209
Thanks to bikeguy for organizing another excellent AA DO. And to gpapadop and his wife for the party.

Always fun to see old contacts and meet new folks.
toomanybooks is offline  
Old Jul 23, 2018, 6:47 am
  #143  
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 32
Another great Ann Arbor DO is now history.
Thanks to bikeguy for organizing, and to the speakers who shared their knowledge and stories.
Always good seeing familiar faces and new folks who attend this event.
Hope that everyone reached their home destinations safely.
RadioShow is offline  
Old Jul 26, 2018, 2:24 pm
  #144  
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: AUS / GRK
Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Posts: 13,535
Can anyone in Ann Arbor recommend a good, casual place to eat dinner on a Sunday in mid-August?
I'll be doing a swim event at the Pickney recreation area in the morning and am staying in Brighton. A friend of mine who I haven't seen in a long time lives in Hillsdale, and she will meet me in Ann Arbor.
Thinking around $15-20 per person, without drinks. A place with a patio/outside seating would be even better. We'll probably want to stick around for a while, so a place where they won't want to kick us out as soon as we finish eating.

Does anyone know when school starts back? This will be on Aug 19. I know when I was in college, the weekend before was total chaos for the town. Not sure if it is a big factor there.

Also, if anyone is around that weekend, shoot me a PM if you'd like to get together (Aug 17-20). I think they could still use kayakers and other support for the swim, if anyone is interested in getting up at an obscene hour and helping.
aztimm is offline  
Old Jul 28, 2018, 9:39 am
  #145  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: DTW/FNT
Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
Posts: 4,823
Originally Posted by aztimm
Can anyone in Ann Arbor recommend a good, casual place to eat dinner on a Sunday in mid-August?
I'll be doing a swim event at the Pickney recreation area in the morning and am staying in Brighton. A friend of mine who I haven't seen in a long time lives in Hillsdale, and she will meet me in Ann Arbor.
Thinking around $15-20 per person, without drinks. A place with a patio/outside seating would be even better. We'll probably want to stick around for a while, so a place where they won't want to kick us out as soon as we finish eating.

Does anyone know when school starts back? This will be on Aug 19. I know when I was in college, the weekend before was total chaos for the town. Not sure if it is a big factor there.

Also, if anyone is around that weekend, shoot me a PM if you'd like to get together (Aug 17-20). I think they could still use kayakers and other support for the swim, if anyone is interested in getting up at an obscene hour and helping.
Move in 'week' this year starts Aug 29, so you're OK with that.

Old German would be a good choice.

Bob H
aztimm likes this.
BobH is offline  
Old Jul 28, 2018, 10:05 pm
  #146  
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Toledo, OH USA
Posts: 46
Originally Posted by aztimm
Can anyone in Ann Arbor recommend a good, casual place to eat dinner on a Sunday in mid-August?
Buddy's Rendezvous Pizza. 3153 Ann Arbor - Salne Rd., just south of 94.

Bob
aztimm likes this.
BobBell is offline  
Old Feb 19, 2019, 7:27 pm
  #147  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Ann Arbor
Programs: HHonors Gold , National Emerald Exec, Hertz Presidents, Delta Gold
Posts: 2,604
Just an update that there will be an AAAF 2019. Still trying to lock down a speaker or 2. Announcement will be in a new thread when I have some commitments.
DBoy, CMK10, BThumme and 1 others like this.
Bikeguy is offline  
Old Feb 20, 2019, 7:56 am
  #148  
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: CMH
Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG/*A Gold
Posts: 1,203
Originally Posted by Bikeguy
Just an update that there will be an AAAF 2019. Still trying to lock down a speaker or 2. Announcement will be in a new thread when I have some commitments.
History suggests you better have a backup for each scheduled speaker.
LesDorgo likes this.
rxgeek is offline  
Old Feb 21, 2019, 3:57 pm
  #149  
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Durham, NC (RDU/GSO/CLT)
Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Posts: 33,857
Originally Posted by Bikeguy
Just an update that there will be an AAAF 2019. Still trying to lock down a speaker or 2. Announcement will be in a new thread when I have some commitments.
I'm happy to speak about lawyer things. I have a presentation called "Keeping your F-Ing Mouth Shut and Other Ways to Avoid Trouble"
CMK10 is offline  
Old Feb 22, 2019, 7:51 am
  #150  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Programs: Delta Kryptonium
Posts: 1,144
Originally Posted by CMK10
I'm happy to speak about lawyer things. I have a presentation called "Keeping your F-Ing Mouth Shut and Other Ways to Avoid Trouble"
I like the sound of this talk!
rubesl is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.