Ann Arbor Art Fair DO 14 (DTW) July 21-22, 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ann Arbor Art Fair DO 14 (DTW) July 21-22, 2018

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2018, 8:07 am

Programs: Delta DM (2 Mil),IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond
George, I hope to make your party tonight. Unfortunately, I won’t know if I can till the last minute.

Thanks,

Larry
Old Jul 20, 2018, 10:12 am

Planning to come to the talk only. Thanks for organizing again.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 5:41 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Originally Posted by Bikeguy
Reminder that if you are on FaceBook, search for and join the Ann Arbor Art Fair DO Group.

You will get the latest info this way and possibly be able to meet up with others in town early or late.
Okay I sent a request to join the group.

I'll be joining you guys tomorrow afternoon, evening, and for brunch Sunday morning. See ya soon!!
Old Jul 21, 2018, 9:28 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
I will be coming late to the festivities today. Apologies to the speaker who goes first!

I just returned from a 15 mile run. And everything hurts!

Thanks to all who came to my party last night. It was nice to see you all!
Old Jul 21, 2018, 8:24 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
After party is raging at the Hyatt Place on the side patio by Burger King.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 6:56 am

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Sunday dinner?

We're staying over Sunday. Anyone else? Meet for dinner? Zingerman's?

Last edited by rxgeek; Jul 22, 2018 at 7:21 am
Old Jul 23, 2018, 5:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Thanks to bikeguy for organizing another excellent AA DO. And to gpapadop and his wife for the party.

Always fun to see old contacts and meet new folks.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 6:47 am

Another great Ann Arbor DO is now history.
Thanks to bikeguy for organizing, and to the speakers who shared their knowledge and stories.
Always good seeing familiar faces and new folks who attend this event.
Hope that everyone reached their home destinations safely.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 2:24 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Can anyone in Ann Arbor recommend a good, casual place to eat dinner on a Sunday in mid-August?
I'll be doing a swim event at the Pickney recreation area in the morning and am staying in Brighton. A friend of mine who I haven't seen in a long time lives in Hillsdale, and she will meet me in Ann Arbor.
Thinking around $15-20 per person, without drinks. A place with a patio/outside seating would be even better. We'll probably want to stick around for a while, so a place where they won't want to kick us out as soon as we finish eating.

Does anyone know when school starts back? This will be on Aug 19. I know when I was in college, the weekend before was total chaos for the town. Not sure if it is a big factor there.

Also, if anyone is around that weekend, shoot me a PM if you'd like to get together (Aug 17-20). I think they could still use kayakers and other support for the swim, if anyone is interested in getting up at an obscene hour and helping.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 9:39 am

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
Originally Posted by aztimm
Can anyone in Ann Arbor recommend a good, casual place to eat dinner on a Sunday in mid-August?
I'll be doing a swim event at the Pickney recreation area in the morning and am staying in Brighton. A friend of mine who I haven't seen in a long time lives in Hillsdale, and she will meet me in Ann Arbor.
Thinking around $15-20 per person, without drinks. A place with a patio/outside seating would be even better. We'll probably want to stick around for a while, so a place where they won't want to kick us out as soon as we finish eating.

Does anyone know when school starts back? This will be on Aug 19. I know when I was in college, the weekend before was total chaos for the town. Not sure if it is a big factor there.

Also, if anyone is around that weekend, shoot me a PM if you'd like to get together (Aug 17-20). I think they could still use kayakers and other support for the swim, if anyone is interested in getting up at an obscene hour and helping.
Move in 'week' this year starts Aug 29, so you're OK with that.

Old German would be a good choice.

Bob H
aztimm likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by aztimm
Buddy's Rendezvous Pizza. 3153 Ann Arbor - Salne Rd., just south of 94.

Bob
aztimm likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 7:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Gold , National Emerald Exec, Hertz Presidents, Delta Gold
Just an update that there will be an AAAF 2019. Still trying to lock down a speaker or 2. Announcement will be in a new thread when I have some commitments.
DBoy, CMK10, BThumme and 1 others like this.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 7:56 am

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Just an update that there will be an AAAF 2019. Still trying to lock down a speaker or 2. Announcement will be in a new thread when I have some commitments.
History suggests you better have a backup for each scheduled speaker.
LesDorgo likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 3:57 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I'm happy to speak about lawyer things. I have a presentation called "Keeping your F-Ing Mouth Shut and Other Ways to Avoid Trouble"
Old Feb 22, 2019, 7:51 am

Programs: Delta Kryptonium
Originally Posted by CMK10
I'm happy to speak about lawyer things. I have a presentation called "Keeping your F-Ing Mouth Shut and Other Ways to Avoid Trouble"
I like the sound of this talk!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.