19th Annual BRT (Brooklyn Reality Tour) - June 2, 2018 Saturday

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

19th Annual BRT (Brooklyn Reality Tour) - June 2, 2018 Saturday

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2018, 7:54 am

Programs: UA Gold 0.66MM, MR LT Titanium, IHG Platinum, Hertz PC
Is there an ETA for L&B? I would love to come eat some squares with you guys if the timing works out.
Old May 25, 2018, 7:18 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Plainsman
Where is everyone staying? I reserved at the DoubleTree Metropolitan, on Lexington.
My usual, the Hilton Newark Penn Station. I'm taking the train on Sunday so it works well for that

Originally Posted by thewayofthefuture
Is there an ETA for L&B? I would love to come eat some squares with you guys if the timing works out.
What you don't have Italy yet?
Old May 25, 2018, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by CherylD
Sorry! I did read the first post. I didn’t interpret it correctly. 😞
You cleared!!
boxo likes this.
Old May 25, 2018, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by thewayofthefuture
ETA 6:30.
Old May 26, 2018, 10:32 am

Cheryl its great you cleared for a seat on the bus you will really enjoy the RIDE.

My only caution is DON'T TALK when the narration is being given as it confuses the speaker and he has been known sometimes lose it.

Nevertheless you couldn't spend a better Saturday I only wish I could be with the group.

Fond memories.
Ray
dhammer53 and dinoscool3 like this.
Old May 26, 2018, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

If ever there was a Flyertalk legend, Ray is it. He's what Flyertalk is all about. He's classic! Sorry you're not able to be with us.

In this link, on the upper right, there's a video about Brooklyn. If you're able to watch for the first 3 - 4 minutes, you'll make it through all 27 minutes. https://www.wliw.org/brooklyn-best/y...luisa-sedacca/
I recommend watching this until the end. I promise to be more interesting and less boring.

Pushback at 11:00 (sharp).

CherylD is working out her flight details; so if anyone wants to go on the waitlist, be my guest.

Everyone that's new to BRT should read the first post to see where we're going, or attempting to go. Every so often, we have wake turbulence.

If we have time, I make elect to ride on the runway at NOP Floyd Bennet Field. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floyd_Bennett_Field

If anyone wants my cell #, please PM me. Our first stop is on Kent Ave and North 7th street in Brooklyn. Take the L train that runs on 14th street in Manhattan to Bedford Ave in Brooklyn. It's the first stop. When you exit, just ask anyone which way to walk. Brooklynites don't bite. We'll be lunching at https://www.timeout.com/newyork/rest...rgasburg-guide for about an hour. They also have a great view of the United Nations. They also have a beer garden that seems to be the unofficial waiting area before we board to bus.

By the way, this mother duck doesn't herd her chicks. If for some reason you miss the bus, I'll text you direction to the next stop. As Getiton would tell you, I run a tight ship. N.B. I left Da1Dan and his + 1 behind the year News12 Brooklyn followed us around.

See you in a week.
Dan
Old May 27, 2018, 7:05 am

Dan.
Thanks for your kind and generous words and please pass my best to your charming wife.
Ray
dhammer53 likes this.
Old May 27, 2018, 10:43 am

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
Originally Posted by dhammer53
In this link, on the upper right, there's a video about Brooklyn. If you're able to watch for the first 3 - 4 minutes, you'll make it through all 27 minutes. https://www.wliw.org/brooklyn-best/y...luisa-sedacca/
I recommend watching this until the end. I promise to be more interesting and less boring.
That was a very interesting video Dan, thanks for posting the link. Can we extend BRT to 3 or 4 days, to see everything in the video?
dhammer53 likes this.
Old May 27, 2018, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CherylD
Sorry! I did read the first post. I didn’t interpret it correctly. 😞
You are confirmed.

Lots of new faces this year. With a 14 passenger vehicle, there won't be any open seats unless Abraham sends a bigger bus. This 'forces' everyone to make friends. BRT attracts the quiet ones and the chatty Kathy's. I would hope and expect that everyone moves around on the bus; as BRT makes multiple stops, including rest stops.

dh
Old May 31, 2018, 6:33 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I'm sorry to announce that my plus one isn't feeling very well and does not want to travel. I will still be there but she won't. I believe that frees up a seat.
Old May 31, 2018, 10:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CMK10
I'm sorry to announce that my plus one isn't feeling very well and does not want to travel. I will still be there but she won't. I believe that frees up a seat.
If you think I'm telling my wife...

I've been following the weather all week. I'd suggest bringing a poncho and or umbrella.
Old May 31, 2018, 10:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K*MM, AA PP
Well, it didn’t work out to join the whole thing, but I’m hoping we might be able to join for some noms at least ...
Old Jun 1, 2018, 6:16 am

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
My +1 has an aggravating cough. She may or may not choose to go, but we won't know until tomorrow morning.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

There's 1 seat available, and possibly a 2nd one.

Pick up time is 11:00. Better to arrive 10 minutes early than 2 minutes late. Doors close at 11:00. Pushback at 11:02.

Pick up > 234 East 46 street. It's the same location as previous tours. This is between Second and Third Avenue on the east side. It's just down the block from Sparks Steakhouse.

We may dodge the weather most of the day.

Dan
Old Jun 1, 2018, 6:12 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Looking forward to meeting all of you tomorrow!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.