Community
Wiki Posts
Search

19th Annual BRT (Brooklyn Reality Tour) - June 2, 2018 Saturday

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2018, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by KathyWdrf

He means me. I had just picked up cronuts (that I had preordered and paid for online 2.5 weeks in advance) in the morning at Dominique Ansel bakery, and had underestimated how long it would take to perform this errand. Anyhow, Dan & I arranged via text message for the van to stop in the Village on its southward trajectory and pick me up, since I clearly wasn't going to arrive at the pickup point on E 46th St. within a reasonable time.

So it wasn't a highlight of the tour, it was a stressful moment. But everything worked out OK, I think.
Yep. Everything worked out ok. ^ I have nervous energy at he beginning of the tour. Once we make it to our first few stops, and I see the time is ok, I start to relax. It didn't help that John (our driver) continued south on Broadway from Spring Street. By the time I started paying attention, we ended up on the Brooklyn Bridge. Not that it was bad, but I wanted to take the WillyB since it's very close to the first stop. CaChing > an extra 10 minutes. As the day went on, I was able to shave a few minutes here and there. By the time we got to Butter and Scotch and L&B, I was all caught up.

While I do the worrying, everyone gets to have a nice relaxing day.

dh
CherylD and dinoscool3 like this.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 3:48 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by KathyWdrf

He means me. I had just picked up cronuts (that I had preordered and paid for online 2.5 weeks in advance) in the morning at Dominique Ansel bakery, and had underestimated how long it would take to perform this errand. Anyhow, Dan & I arranged via text message for the van to stop in the Village on its southward trajectory and pick me up, since I clearly wasn't going to arrive at the pickup point on E 46th St. within a reasonable time.

So it wasn't a highlight of the tour, it was a stressful moment. But everything worked out OK, I think.
thanks for picking up the cronuts! It was a nice surprise!
dhammer53 and CherylD like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.