Michilander
der_sauefer
srletend
kirkwoodj
krazykanuck
CMK10
KMA26

General information
For train travel on the weekend, it is recommended that you buy your tickets online in advance, as they are 50% off for weekend travel.

DO Information

Friday 27 April
Drie Fonteininen, Bespelingen van het Lot Twisting the Fate 10am-7pm. Anyone interested in traveling to Drie Fonteinen in a group on the 3:02pm train, please post your interest in the thread. Reservations are not required for the event but are required for the bus to Night of the Great Thirst; please email Drie Fonteinen to make a reservation. I suspect this event may be partially or fully outdoors, so please dress appropriately.

Night of the Great Thirst, Itterbeek 7pm-11pm. Flyertalkers will arrive at the beginning of the festival to hold a table for the group. This is an outdoor event, please dress appropriately. Also note that beer is generally sold by the 750 ml bottle and sharing is encouraged. Food is available for purchase. Cash is required, so hit an ATM in advance. Note that busses from Itterbeek to Brussels are hourly; plan your trip at https://www.delijn.be/en/.
Saturday 28 April
Noon - 11 pm Zythos Bierfestival Buy tokens in advance: http://www.zbf.be/en/advance-sales/. The list of beers is here. Food is available for sale; you may also bring your own food.

For anyone who wants to travel in a group, I suggest IC 509 departing Central/Centraal at 11 am. This train arrives Leuven at 11:24. For those who have not been before: exit the Leuven train station and bear right to get to the bus depot. The free shuttle to the hall is clearly marked and usually on the 3rd or so platform.

Flyertalkers will grab seats at a table toward the back on the right side of the main hall (in which all of the beer booths are located) as you walk in.

Sunday 29 April
Zythos Bierfestival 11 am - 9 pm
Print Wikipost

Belgian Beer Festival DO VIII in BRU, April 27-29, 2018

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2018, 5:21 am

Hey, I live 20 minutes from there. Count me in.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 6:00 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I'm interested. Turkish has a really good Business Class fare sale out of ATL that I could make work. If I get a client I'm hoping will sign with me in the next couple of weeks I'll be there at least for the Sunday event.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 11:46 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Thanks for organizing the DO again. Please add me as a maybe.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by der_saeufer
Hey, I live 20 minutes from there. Count me in.
Will do!
Originally Posted by CMK10
I'm interested. Turkish has a really good Business Class fare sale out of ATL that I could make work. If I get a client I'm hoping will sign with me in the next couple of weeks I'll be there at least for the Sunday event.
Great!
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Thanks for organizing the DO again. Please add me as a maybe.
Will do!
Old Jan 30, 2018, 7:29 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Chances for me are looking far better based on very preliminary work schedule. Will buy a fest ticket for Saturday, if available (is that something we're supposed to do?)
How many tokens do you veterans usually get?

Last edited by kirkwoodj; Jan 30, 2018 at 7:57 am Reason: addendum
Old Jan 30, 2018, 11:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Chances for me are looking far better based on very preliminary work schedule. Will buy a fest ticket for Saturday, if available (is that something we're supposed to do?)
How many tokens do you veterans usually get?
Presale starts February 1, 2018. No entry ticket needed for the festival; there is a charge for the glass and tokens, and that is it. Experience indicates that 20 tokens is too many for one day; starting with 10 and buying more, if needed, is a good strategy.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 11:10 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by polkacat
Presale starts February 1, 2018. No entry ticket needed for the festival; there is a charge for the glass and tokens, and that is it. Experience indicates that 20 tokens is too many for one day; starting with 10 and buying more, if needed, is a good strategy.
Great, thanks!
Old Feb 1, 2018, 11:57 am

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Buying my ticket now. I arrive early on Saturday morning and leave Monday morning. I'll probably do the Saturday events with you guys and then tour Brussels on Sunday and maybe head down to Bruges too if anyone is interested in joining.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Buying my ticket now. I arrive early on Saturday morning and leave Monday morning. I'll probably do the Saturday events with you guys and then tour Brussels on Sunday and maybe head down to Bruges too if anyone is interested in joining.
How are you flying? I'm still a maybe. I wish I could confirm because there's a really attractive DL fare sale at the moment ex-Houston but I don't know if I can swing the 7 day stay req. https://escapehouston.com/13709/chea...land-brussels/
Old Feb 1, 2018, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
How are you flying? I'm still a maybe. I wish I could confirm because there's a really attractive DL fare sale at the moment ex-Houston but I don't know if I can swing the 7 day stay req. https://escapehouston.com/13709/chea...land-brussels/
Nothing fancy. I'm doing a Delta status challenge right now so I bought a $1,650 Y ticket from RDU-BRU as it'll get me the dollars and miles I'll need.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Nothing fancy. I'm doing a Delta status challenge right now so I bought a $1,650 Y ticket from RDU-BRU as it'll get me the dollars and miles I'll need.
Yikes, that's pricey, but if it fulfills the status goals!
Old Feb 1, 2018, 3:19 pm

Do you recommend the glass holder?
Old Feb 1, 2018, 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Yikes, that's pricey, but if it fulfills the status goals!
Exactly. To requalify for the year I'll need $6,000 MQDs anyway so this is about a quarter of the way there.

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Do you recommend the glass holder?
I had one for a similar event in Raleigh last year and it absolutely came in handy. I bought one for this event.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

So today I received an invite to a friends wedding that is the Friday after this DO (May 4) and is happening on the Carolina coast. If I'm able to make this DO you can all expect an strange routing of true FTer proportions, and if it's gonna be strange, you might as well make it strange and fun!
polkacat and kirkwoodj like this.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 7:15 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus; American Advantage; Marriott Rewards; Hilton Honors
Happy to advise that this attendee of the first Belgian Beer Do can be confirmed for this one too. Arriving on the train from Paris on Thurs afternoon. Especially looking forward to the Night of Great Thirst. ^
polkacat likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.